Status: Rewriting

Notch in Your Bedpost

Thnks fr th Mmrs

Matilda POV

"I'm so freaking excited". I say softly under my breath as I comb away my curly dark brown hair out of my face. Tonight I'm going to see All Time Low for the 5th time, and I'm so stocked. All Time Low is just one of those bands you can't outgrow, even though their fan base is 14 year old's calling Alex "daddy". I shiver at the thought.
I'm 22 years old and I am not ashamed of my slight obsession with ATL. I scream as soon as they hit the stage, I can't help it..I LOVE THEM.
I run to my makeup cabinet and go for the liquid eyeliner and make a cat eye illusion on my eyelid. I have slightly bigger eyes than usual. They're light brown, but you really can't tell unless we're under really good lighting.
I add more volume to my hair. I often get compliments on my natural curly hair. I used to be self-conscious about it but now I really embrace it. It's nice to be confident in ones traits.

My boyfriend John should be here soon. He isn't a fan of All Time Low but he goes because I adore them. I mean, he has to right? Boyfriend of the year status right there!
I put on my black and white converse and ruffle my hair a little. Tonight I decided on a black v-neck, light blue ripped skinny jeans and traditional black and white converse.
It's simple but comfy.
*ding* my phone lights up and I grab it from my dresser and check my messages.

John: I'm outside babe

"Right on time." I sigh and grab a water bottle for the road.

-----

After 50 minutes of horrible singing to State Champs new album Around The World and Back (that promo ayy) we make it to the venue.

"Wow, it's packed." John says while ruffling his dirty blonde hair and adjusting his beanie as we wait in line to get in the venue. John himself is pretty attractive. He has nice dirty blonde wavy hair, a small heart shaped face with freckles on his cheeks. He's tall, I believe 6'2? And his music taste is a1. He's a nice guy, I'm just surprised we made it this far. Not that I don't have faith in us, it's just that he's 3 years older than me and he wants to settle down. As for me, I just want to live in the moment.
"Right? We're almost in though! I'd kill to meet Jack." I respond with a squeal and move forward as the line gets shorter.
"This Texas heat ain't no joke." John mumbles while wiping sweat out of his forehead in frustration. He's not lying. It's so hot here. It's October and we're still struggling in the 80's.
I hold his hand and guide him forward. "We're almost in babe, don't worry."

10 minutes and we're in.

"Finally" I say as I jump and the worker scans my ticket to give me permission to go in. "Calm down, Matty. We still gotta find the pit first." John smiles as he guides me in the venue towards the pit.
He's being unusually nice. Don't get me wrong, he's awesome but he's being too nice. Something isn't right.
"You okay, John?" I ask as we make our way to stand behind some pubescent teens screaming about hopefully meeting All Time Low after the show.
"Erm...well there is something I need to talk to you about but it can wait till after the show." he says while turning away and looking at his phone screen in hopes of a distraction of course.
"Tell me now" I persist. The ATL roadies are sound checking in the background and I should be excited because that usually means they'll be up soon but I need to know what John has to say.

"If you insist" he sighs and takes a deep breath. "I cheated on you..." he says quietly.
Did he just say that? I take a deep breath and stay quiet. "Relax Matilda, Relax." I think to myself. I can't overwork myself. "With who?" I ask in the calmest tone I could possibly master at the moment.

"Jasmine....I swear it didn't mean a thing...but now she's pregnant." he says while looking down. I feel disgusted. Jasmine? My best friend? SIGH. I just walk away and sprint towards the restroom.
"Matilda wait!" John yells while running after me. I run faster and duck inside the girls restroom and start crying. All Time Low is almost on therefore the restroom is quite empty, which is fine by me. I cry a little more and splash water in my face.
"Are you okay?" a petite girl asks as she uses the faucet next to me to wash her hands. "No.." I respond quietly.
"If you're upset over a guy, don't be. You're too pretty to cry over a silly guy who obviously isn't worth your time." she says while drying her hands with a napkin. She smiles at me and pats my shoulder. "Stay strong, darling" and hands me a piece of gum and walks out the restroom.
What a sweetheart.
I inhale deeply and head out the restroom. John is waiting outside and walks towards me. "Matilda." he says in a sad tone. How can he be sad? I'm the one upset here.

"Piss off Johnathan." I say while bumping him and heading back towards the pit.

All Time Low is on and they're playing Cinder-block Garden in acoustic. As I walk towards the pit, someone pulls me back. John of course.
"Matilda, listen to me. It meant nothing to me..but that's my kid and I have to be there for her and my future child." I sigh and nod, "if this is your way of dumping then just go. I don't want you. Go to her and leave me alone." He releases me and rubs the temples of his forehead.
"I'm leaving Matilda and I'm not coming back. You're on your own, today and forever. Find another way home." he says and walks away.
I yell, "Fine you wuss!" I don't need him, I'll just call someone or whatever.
I get in the pit and try to enjoy my night.

---

The show ended and my hair is filled with blue confetti from the ATL ending. And now the hard part...finding a way home. I forgot to mention the venue is one hour away from where I actually live. I sigh and start leaving the venue.

"I don't know where to go..." I say as I sit on the sidewalk next to the tour buses. There's lots of people here waiting for the bands I suppose. I scoff and walk towards the alley behind the venue. Maybe it's not the smartest idea but the bus station is a few blocks from that direction.
As I start walking the direction towards the bus stop, it hits me. My boyfriend cheated on me with my best friend and got her pregnant. Who even does that!?
Without being able to control it I start crying as I walk. My vision gets blurry and as cliche as it sounds it starts raining.

I start sprinting and *bam* I bump into someone. "Ow" I hear a familiar yet foreign to my earbuds voice. I'm face down in the ground and rub my chin as I see a hand reaching towards me to pick me up. "Thank you" I mumble as the rough hands help me up from the ground.
"Are you okay? Did I hurt you?" the person rambles I look up and gasp. It's Jack Barakat. He's wearing a striped black and white long sleeve with black skinny jeans and black and white converse ( like me aw ).

"I- um- I-I'm okay. I'm sorry for bumping into you.." I say while looking down hoping my big hair hides my blush.
"Hey, no it was my fault. Where are you heading it's pretty dark out? Were you at our show?" he asks as he looks me up and down and smiles. "Yes, I had a ride but they ditched me and now I'm sort of stranded." I respond with a frown as I attempt to put my hair in a pony tail.

"What? How rude. Look, I can get you a ride if you are up for that? We have the after concert pizza party for the VIP's..you should stay and afterwards I'll take you home?" Jack suggests while holding a hand out for me to follow him with and the biggest puppy eyes I've ever seen.
Uh, it's Jack freaking Barakat. I'd follow him to the end of the world if I could. I'm joking...or am I?
I take his hand and nod, "okay" I say with a smile and let him lead me. "Yay!" he jumps and leads me back to the venue hand in hand. Jack is holding my hand. I think I might die.

Taking full advantage of the situation I take out my cellphone and take a picture of Jack holding my hand and leading me inside. It looked so Tumblr and I'm very proud of how it came out.

We head back inside and make it into the room. As soon as we enter a bunch of girls scream. Some scoff and whisper as they look down and see that Jack is still holding my hand. I blush and walk closer to Jack and hide behind him.

"Alex! I made a new friend and she's gonna be here for the pizza party." Jack says while jumping on to Alex and letting go of my hand.
"This is...erm I'm sorry I didn't get your name?" Jack says while rubbing the back of his neck. Rian sighs and laughs "Really Jack?". Alex buts in and says "You didn't kidnap her did you?" while drinking out of a red cup and laughing.
I'm so embarrassed. "Erm, my name is Matilda Lopez and Jack didn't kidnap me." I smile and stick my hand out to greet everyone.
They all shake my hand except Alex. He comes towards me and hugs me. "Ah, he's a hugger", Zack mentions as he grabs another slice of pizza and starts walking towards a group of fans to say hi.
I smile and hug him back tightly. It's not everyday that you meet Alex Gaskarth.
"So what made Jack kidnap you?" Rian asks with a giggle. "I didn't kidnap her!?" Jack yells while taking a selfie with a fan.
I laugh, "I was walking towards the bus stop to catch a bus to get home since I live an hour away and my ride ditched me-" "What!?" Rian cuts me off. "No way? How fucking rude." Alex says with a genuine frown and crosses his arms. "and what did they think? That you were going to magically get home safely?" Alex says obviously pissed off.
"I came with my boyfriend-erm I mean, ex boyfriend. He dumped me during your set and well he was my ride and now I'm stuck here. I was going to catch a bus but Jack offered me a ride after the pizza party and well I couldn't really resist the puppy eyes he was giving me." I say with a giggle.
We all laugh and Jack joins us soon after. "Of course we'll give you a ride. But the thing is we are going south from here. We have another show right after this one." Alex says with a pout.
I frown, well this sucks.

"I have an idea!" Jack says with a smile. "Why doesn't she just come along for the rest of the tour? Matilda you're old enough, right?" Jack asks while turning to me. "I'm 22-"
"Perfect! Jack says cutting me off. "She can just be a merch girl and hang out with us. We can bring her back home after the tour and it'll be awesome!" Jack sings with hope while chewing on a pizza slice.
Alex and Rian start thinking a little, then nod at each other after a few minutes.

"I'm okay with that." Alex says with a smile. "Me too!" Rian chimes in. "I'm sure Zack will be cool with it too. Now we just need to make accommodations on the bus for you and we'll be okay." Rian says while walking away and going towards their tour manager to pitch in the idea. I exhale and hold Jacks hand. He seemed surprise? But in retaliation he squeezes it and hands me a pizza. "Eat up, we have a long 2 months ahead of us!" I smile and sigh.

This should be interesting.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay okay, I have big plans for this story. Yes the picture is Patrick Stump...I'm guessing y'all have an idea why. :-)

xoxo