Status: Rewriting

Notch in Your Bedpost

Living on My Last Paycheck

Matilda's POV

I sigh as the tour bus hits yet another bumpy road. For a very fancy looking bus this thing isn't as comfy as it seems. Or maybe it's just my bunk?
Anyways, I ended up sleeping in the same bus as the guys instead of the roadies. Jack insisted in me sleeping in the bunk underneath his.
The situation with the bunks is that there's at least 3 bunks stacked up on top of each other on each row. Basically, I have the bottom bunk, Jack the middle one (on top of me) and my backpack on the one on top of his (which also has his stuff). I literally only have the clothes on my back and a backpack full of merch that I bought at the show. How inconvenient to start a tour without clothes.
Luckily for me, one of the roadies is my size and loaned me some jeans and I can just wear shirts from the bands merch. How can I decline an offer to free band merch!?

I check the time on my phone, 5 am. I only slept 4 hours. The bus driver told me our next stop is Florida. I'm excited to be in the sunshine state. I personally, haven't explored at all so I'm very excited.
*thump*
I hear something fall on the floor.

I open my bunks curtain to see a very sleepy and grumpy Alex rubbing his butt. I giggle as he turns and I close my curtain quickly. I hope he didn't see me laughing at him. My curtain gently opens and I turn to see a cuddly Alex in his cut up Halsey shirt and denim bottoms. "Can I come in?" he asks softly.
"Sure" I respond nervously and scoot to the right leaving the right amount of space for Alex to lay on.
"Look Matty, can I call you Matty?" he asks, "yes" I respond.
"Matty, you might barely know us and we barely know you but Jack seems to fancy you. I have a feeling you do as well?" he questions quietly.
"I-" i manage to say before being cut off, "either way, be careful. Jack is sweet but he isn't the most faithful guy. I mean, the guy dated a playboy bunny. And if that doesn't say much about his relationships, then I don't know what will. Just be careful Matty." He whispers and lays his head on my shoulder.
I stay quiet and lay my head on his. It was very innocent but it made my heart flutter that he cares..I'm a "Jack girl" but who can resist Alex Gaskarth. I breath in lightly and manage to pleasantly nap.

----
"Wakey wakey, lovebirds!" someone sings loudly and pulling my bunk curtain open. I rub my eyes open and see a very sleepy Alex still next to me and Zack on the outside with a huge smile and a unhappy Jack crossing his arms.
"Good morning" I say while exiting my bunk. "Did Alex sleep there?" Jack buts in. Although he looked upset for some reason, he looked like a sleepy puppy. Yes, by that I mean adorable!
"He came and talked to me early in the morning and fell asleep. I didn't have the heart to wake him up, so we napped together." I say awkwardly feeling a blush form on my cheeks and looking down to avoid Jack's eyes.
Rian pops out of the restroom, "there's a toothbrush and toiletries for you Matty!" I smile and thank him and quickly hide in the restroom.
I'm not sure why Jack is acting all weird. I mean, he was the one who invited me. But then again, Alex did tell me that Jack likes me..ah whatever. I pick up my toothbrush and start getting ready for the day.

----time jump to later on the day----

We finally got to the venue and the crew is talking to the employees and planning the night. I help the roadies set up the merch table and start putting the merch boxes behind me and get a chair to sit. I'm a very lazy person, I doubt I'll be standing the whole time.

I don't have any siblings and my parents are long gone. I have no one to text to brag about this great opportunity. I sigh and put my elbows on the table to rest my head on my hands.

From the corner of my eye I see Jack on my right. He's talking (or should I say flirting) with one of the venue employees. I roll my eyes and set my eyes on someones back. Oddly, the back of his head looked familiar. "Come on, turn around" I whisper hoping the stranger does. From what I can see, he was wearing a black t-shirt and really skinny black jeans with black and white vans. He was wearing a fedora? Who even wears those anymore...wait a minute

"Matilda!?" he yells while turning to me with a smile.

"Patrick.." I gasp.

"I haven't seen you since..John" he says with an awkward smile and walking towards me. I gulp and nod, "yeah it's been awhile.."
"What are you doing here?" he says while looking around looking for someone. "Erm long story but Jack invited me to come along.." I say while avoiding his gaze.
"Jack Barakat?" he asks and I nod. "Cool! I guess I'll see you for 2 months straight?"
"I guess so.." I respond and start walking away. I sprint out of the venue and head towards the parking lot.

Patrick Stump of all people? My first love?

I sigh and rub the temples of my forehead. We broke up not only because Johnathan caught my attention, but because Patrick's band was getting big and I wasn't ready to deal with a long-distance relationship. I was a wimp, but I did love him and a part of me still does.
♠ ♠ ♠
YAY Patrick!
Yes, Patrick is Matilda's first love. No, she's not interest in Alex.
Patrick still doesn't know Matilda's single, but what will happen when he finds out?
Will there be more drama now that two guys 'fancy' her?

BTW SORRY FOR NOT WRITING. I GET DISTRACTED. xo