Status: Rewriting

Notch in Your Bedpost

I Know I'm the One You Want to Forget

Matilda's POV

I smile at the teenage girl who hands me a twenty dollar bill for an All Time Low tour shirt. The concert starts in half an hour and the merch booth for both bands is getting rowdy.
I'm relived that I'm not the only one selling. The guy helping me is quite but kind enough to help out, sadly I did not catch his name.

I sigh as I wave off the last person in the line. The room goes dark and quiet.

The show must be starting soon.

Blue and white lights flare from the stage and I hear the beat of Irresistible start playing. The crowd goes crazy. It's intriguing to see the difference from them playing garage band concerts to full on sold out venues. They made it. Patrick made it.
The merch table is on the right of the stage. We're pretty close up, and I can see Patrick looking at me.
I smile and give him a thumbs up and he smiles back.

The song ends and then I hear it. Oh, how I know those chords far too well..

"Am I more than you bargained for yet?
I've been dying to tell you anything you want to hear
"

I sigh and turn to the stage and see Patrick with a little smirk placed on his face. I'm sure he's pleased that the person who he wrote the song for is finally going to hear it from him.

"I'm just a notch in your bedpost
But you're just a line in a song
"

Ouch, that one still hurts. I mean, yeah the song is about me. About how he felt about me. How he felt about me and John. John just came and swooped me away. Away from him.

The song plays and I see Patrick getting really into it. His voice is amazing. He doesn't even have to try, he's a natural.

For the majority of the band's set I spend in the back of the venue playing on snapchat with Zack. He's such a sweetheart.

"Matty?" Zack says in a low voice. "Hm?" I hum in respond while taking a selfie on his phone. "Do you still have a thing for Patrick?" he asks and I immediately turn to him almost dropping my phone in retaliation to the random question. "Erm...what?"
"You heard me" he smirks. "I...is it that noticeable?" I question focusing my gaze on the floor avoiding him noticing the blush on my cheeks.
"Yes" he says while tapping my shoulder so I can look up "I'm not judging. Just be careful. I think you're great Matty. I don't want you to get hurt. Let's not forget he's a married man with a child." I nod in agreement. "Also, I think Jack has a thing for you. He's my friend, but he doesn't take relationships so seriously. So once again, be careful." he says with a smile and a pat in my head. Before getting a chance to respond or even agree with him he stands up and walks out of the room.

I hear clapping and screams and the door swings open.
The boys come in and I'm caught off guard by the sudden companionship.

"Matty!" Pete yells while indulging me in a sweaty hug. "Ew P, get off!" I shiver while shoving him off. Joe and Andy laugh while Pete gives me a pout. "Did you enjoy the show?" Patrick says out of nowhere.
I turn and face him. He is ravishing. Age did him well, I am enchanted by his beautiful eyes and kind smile. I want to run my fingers through his- wait. What the hell am I saying?

I cough and realize I've staring for the past 2 minutes without responding. Locking eyes with Patrick I notice the small blush forming in his cheeks.
He's adorable.

"Yes.." I say quietly and smile at him. He returns the gesture and pushes his hair back opening his mouth to say something but quickly closes it and walks away.

Welp, that was awkward.

-----

The show is over and I ended up being backstage during All Time Low's set courtesy of Jack. As much as I appreciate Jack's kindness and friendship my mind always wanders back to Patrick. It's been years since I've been face to face with him.

Sighing and running a hand through my hair I pack the last of the merch boxes in the bus and head inside in time for the departure to the next city the bands will play at.

I walk up the steps and into the bus heading straight to the bunks. As soon as I lay down the bus start moving into bumpy road.

"You really need to lighten up Patrick." I hear a familiar voice say. I rub my eyes open and look around my bunk. Why would Patrick be in All Time Low's bus?
I look around and pick up a small notebook with the words "American Beauty/American Psycho" written on it. I flip the book open and a small Polaroid photograph falls out with a wrinkly sheet around it. Quickly picking up the Polaroid I realize it's an old photograph of me and Patrick at his first show.
Oh god. This must be Patrick's notebook.
Crap.
This isn't my bunk. This isn't my bus.
I'm with All Time Low.
I quickly shove the paper that fell off the notebook in the back pocket of my jeans and I jump out the bunk.

Patrick and Pete quickly avert their gazes at me with shocked expressions.
"I-uh-I got in the wrong bus I'm so sorry" I manage to stutter out and rub the back of my neck avoiding their faces.
"Matty, wow uh." Pete stands up putting his mug down in the table and walking towards me. "Hey, it's cool. The buses are already driving and we obviously can't stop to send you back so I guess you can sleep in one of the extra bunks here, yeah?" He says with a smile. I look up meeting his gaze and nod in agreement, obviously still embarrassed.
How did I not noticed I walked in on the wrong the bus? My thoughts were clouded by Patrick that I subconsciously walked into his bus and his bunk.
Patrick stands up from the table him and Pete we're previously seated at and walked towards his bunk. "The only bunk available is the one above mine so I guess you can have that one." He says while pointing to the empty bunk. "I'll call Alex and tell him you're here so they wont worry." Pete says while walking away with his phone in his hand. I nod and go in avoiding any more awkwardness that I will most likely cause if I stay out there.

Sighing I turn my back to the wall and pull out my phone to check if I have any messages. I fiddle with the home button on my iPhone but the screen stays black, I guess my phone is dead. Exhaling my frustration I put my phone under my pillow and quickly remember about the paper I got from Patrick's notebook.
Pulling it out of my back pocket I bring it to my face and unfold it. I smile at the the sloppy handwriting in blue ink.
I open the page and the first thing that I read is a title in the middle of the first line,
" Matilda - Favorite Record "
♠ ♠ ♠
Miss Missing You - Fall Out Boy

I finally have the inspiration to keep writing this. Holy moly. Also, I'm probably gonna go back and fix a couple of mistakes in the previous chapters but nothing major.
Don't mind me.

Anyways, I love Favorite Record. I wonder why Patrick wrote that with Matilda's name on it. ;)