Status: Rewriting

Notch in Your Bedpost

You're One of a Kind and No One Understands

A month has passed and things seem to be more tense than usual. I was spending more time with Jack, and in retaliation Patrick was pushing me away. The plan was on spending more time with Jack and getting to know him. As we all know, I've had the biggest crush on Jack since day one but Patrick is always lingering in the back of my mind. Patrick seemed to notice that I was distancing myself away from him so he started giving me the cold shoulder.

*flashback*

"Matilda may I speak to you?" Elisa says placing her hands down on the table in front of me. I was in the merch table rearranging the shirts. "Sure" I respond looking around. It was before the show so the venue was busy with roadies getting everything ready. Fall Out Boy was doing soundcheck and I caught a glimpse of Patrick looking our way but kept singing.
Elisa nudged her head over her should indicating for me to follow her. I set down the shirt I was folding and followed her. We walked past the middle of the venue and she waved at Patrick. He gave a weary smile in return and turning towards me, I gave him a confused face and sped up my pace catching up behind Elisa. She led us outside the venue towards a water fountain and sat on bench so I did the same.
"So..?" I question looking at her. She smirked and placed her palms over her left leg which was crossed over her right leg. "You think you're so fucking special don't you?" She whisper yells with a frown replacing her smirk. "Excuse m-" I manage to say before Elisa cuts me off getting closer to my face. "I know about you and Patrick. Did you think I didn't notice those looks you both exchange? Do you think I'm that fucking stupid?" She says gritting her teeth. Her face was inches away from mine.

Was she trying to intimidate me? Probably.
Was I scared? She wishes.

"Get over yourself" I say while getting up the bench and walking away. "Using that poor boy as a cover, how heartless can you get Matilda?" She says while standing up. She was smirking again and crossing her arms. "I see the way Jack looks at you. And I see the way you look at Patrick. You don't want Jack, but you're using him to attempt on forgetting Patrick." Elisa laughs "Cute. I respect it, but I'm going to say this once and only once. Stay away from Patrick, or I'll tell poor Jacky how you're making out with your ex boyfriend on the side." I sigh deeply and turn back to her and seeing the smug look on her face. Elisa winks and walks past me shoving me with her shoulder.


*
It was the day of the festival in California where the boys would reunited with the guys from the party. I was excited for this. It meant more space to move and more people to meet. Honestly, I needed the distractions. Maybe I'll see Josh and Tyler, well I hope I do.
I exit the bus and walk towards the festival grounds. Showing my Tour ID to the security I was allowed in the VIP area. I walk towards our stage, holding a box of merch. The scenery was nice. The festival was in this grassy area, perhaps a park? Either way it was massive and aesthetically pleasing. People were setting up stages, merch booths and food trucks.
I made my way to our merch booth and place the box on the table and starting unboxing everything.

"Matty?" I hear someone say. I look up and lock eyes with a pair of familiar brown eyes.

"Melanie?" I respond and instantly smile. "What are you doing here!?" I say while running up to my half blonde, half brunette cousin.

I don't really have family. I was disowned when I left college and I never went back or tried to keep contact. It was just me and my shitty 9-5 job. And John, but he doesn't count anymore. Melanie is my cousin from my father's side. She's actually the reason I met Patrick.
I was at one of her show's in Chicago. Melanie said another band was playing after her and that the guys were pretty cool. As cliche as it might sound, I was in love with Patrick the moment he sang. There's nothing more attractive than someone doing what they love and enjoying it.

"I'm performing!" She exclaims while letting go and jumping up and down in excitement. Mel was smiling so hard that her eyes squinted. "That's amazing Mel!" I high five her and she returns it. "Wait, Matty what are you even doing here?" She says picking up a shirt I was folding and holds it above her face to examine it. "I have a lot to tell you." I respond with a shaky laugh as she nods in agreement.

After I caught Mel up on my misadventures of this past month, a whole hour has passed by since I started talking. "I'm going to kill both Elisa and John. Mainly John, he's gonna so get it!" Mel says while angrily folding a shirt. She stayed to help me with the last of the boxes, I was pretty thankful for that.
"I just want to see Patrick.." I whisper while sitting down. "I know it's wrong, but I can't help it." I sigh placing my face in my hands. Mel wraps an arm around me, "It'll work out, I promise. I'm gonna go get ready for my performance, you should come? I'll talk to Alex and get you out of working today. You need some girl time from spending almost a month with a bunch of stinky boys." Mel says in a playful tone while holding her nose on the 'stinky boys' part. I giggle and nod while getting up and following behind her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Cry baby - Melanie Martinez

I'm obsessed with Melanie Martinez so I just had to add her. She'll play a bigger role in this story so get used to seeing her. Next chapter should have more. I just need to establish somethings before continuing. I know this story is a "Jack and Patrick" story, but it's pretty obvious on who Matilda wants from the two. But don't worry, sometimes things change.. only time will tell.