Don't Mutter

CH 8

Holy hell. Sam and Dean were right. This church is connected. This just go all too dangerous all too fast. I was suddenly hyper aware of my surroundings. My eyes looked elsewhere, there is no way these poor women are a part of this. I just know they aren’t.

“What brings you here searching for a new convent Mary Ann?” Waylon or “Father Nathan” asked of me. I was honestly just thinking of bolting to escape. I need to find Sam and Dean.

“She’s mute, the poor thing.” Sister Olive told him.

“Unfortunate, but we welcome everyone here.” He smiled. I wanted to slap his stupid face across the room. He’s probably going to prey on the women here.

“We should take her to meet the other Sisters.” Olivia told the other Sisters.

“Before you do that we all know I have to personally interview anyone who wishes to stay in this convent.” Father Nathan-Waylon interjected. I clung to Sister Louise now. I’m sure my nails were digging in her hand. The Sisters told me they’d wait for me outside in the garden. Sister Louise had to pry my hands away from her when they left the room. The second the door closed I knew I was in trouble. I wasn’t about to run away just yet, he might spill something. He suddenly rose from his desk, I immediately back away. He laughed.

“I know you’re here with those Winchester brothers.”

He must be talking about Sam and Dean. The expression on his face was my signal to leave. If he knows Sam and Dean are here he must be more than prepared. I turned on my heel and made a break for the door. I yanked on the handle, it wouldn’t turn. In frustration I threw myself against the door. It didn’t even budge.

“They locked the door when they left.” He said from behind me. I turned quickly, I was trapped. He stood over me menacingly, it was like he was about to hit me. Without a second thought I kneed him where it counted the most. I sprinted to the windows behind the desk, they wouldn’t budge. They didn’t even have locks on them. The doors busted open, Sam and Dean flooded the room. They had their guns pointed at Waylon.

“You ok?” Sam pressed. I nodded.

“Shows over buddy, time to talk.” Dean threatened Waylon whom was still recovering from me kicking him.

“What’s his name?” Sam raised.

“I’m not telling you anything.” Waylon seethed.

“Your bartender friend is dead, you know that thing and his sister are coming for you so you might as well do some good before you die.”

Waylon’s face softened. He was scared now, nervous “I don’t believe you.”

“Will you believe us with a gun pointed at your head?” Dean pressed the barrel of his gun into Waylon’s temple.

“I only know the sisters name.”

“We think you know more.” Sam added.

“That’s all I know I swear.”

“Tell us then.”

“When she came to me…she told me her name was Peitho. She asked me to help.”

“So you kidnapped innocent women?” Sam asked.

“So you just did it?” Dean asked in a sarcastic tone. Waylon just stayed quiet, he looked down at the floor between his legs.

“Did she offer you anything for “helping”?” Sam asked. Waylon shook his head.

“So you just did it.” Dean stated back to him. Waylon nodded his head. Sam motioned for me to come over. Sam and Dean ushered me out of the office. I looked back at Waylon, he still sat on the floor staring at nothing.

“He’s telling the truth. Those two don’t want a lot of people knowing about them. They’re trying to cut loose ends now.” Dean told Sam and I.

Image
“So it says here that Peithos the goddess of persuasion and seduction.” Sam read from his smart phone in the front seat.

“Persuasion? Ok, so she asks these people to do things and they just do it, that’s why they don’t know why they did it.” Dean added.

“Sounds right to me.”

“Does it say anything about siblings then?”

“That’s what I’m trying to find out.”

I leaned forward to read over Sam’s shoulder. He noticed me and let me read along with him. It got to the point of me getting carsick and I had to sit back.

“There’s too many siblings, none of them seem to be matching they type of power he has…wait, there’s a god of time, Chronos.” Sam continued to read on his phone.

“He is the son of Chronos.” A voice suddenly said next to me. I didn’t scream but I flinched. It was Castiel.

“Cas you’ve got to stop doing that, at least don’t do it while we’re driving.” Dean complained loudly.

“Sorry, I was able to gather around information. I thought you should know right away.” Castiel told us with a monotone.

“Ok, all we’ve got is this chick named Peitho. Please tell me you have more than just knowing this thing is the son of Chronos.” Dean added.

“Chronos is the god of time, also known as Father Time. There is only one other figure similar to him, you might know him as Baby New Year.”

“Baby New Year?” What about Peitho?”

“They’re only half siblings, Peitho’s mother consorted with Father Time and the result was “Baby New Year””

“You’re telling us Baby New Year is a dick?” Dean clarified.

“Ok, so what’s his name?” Sam asked.

“They call him Hallra.”