Status: Hello

A Year Back

1

Jack got late to class, as usual, but he tensed a little when he saw no one familiar sitting in front of him. He stopped and looked at the teacher, who wasn't his History teacher, and wondered if he got to the wrong class. -203, this is the right classroom-

The teacher turned around when he saw everyone staring at the doorway and he raised an eyebrow.

"I'm guessing you're Jack" And Jack nodded. "The principal wants to see you. Now, close the door please"

Jack slowly backed off and closed the door. He had so many questions in mind: Who the hell is that teacher? Is he new here? Doesn't he fucking know who I am? Why does the principal want to see me? Why was him teaching another class in my class?

He knew the way to the principal's office oh so well, he had been there way too many times.

He knocked on the door and entered inside, he put his backpack down and lazily sat down in from of the big, wooden desk.

"Jack, you've been put in a new class for a few lessons. There is this boy who has had to stay back a year, not because he's stupid, but because he has problems at home. We all know you don't have many friends at school so could you make me a favour and help him around? You know what if feels like to have that kind of problems" The man in front of him said.

"What kind of problems does he have?" The younger asked.

"Well you see, unfortunately, his mum died while giving birth to him. As I've been told, everything carried on just fine until he was 12. His dad couldn't handle living without his wife for any longer and he took some pills and passed away. The only thing he was left with was a letter and a dead body in his parents' room"

"What do you want me to do then? Walk in class and say 'Oh hello, I'm going to help you because you're crazy and I'm smart'?" He rolled his eyes.

"No, Jack. I want you to think about this, okay? You know how it feels like to be put in that situation and I want you to help him, somehow"

"So what, I have to keep an eye on him all day every day now?" He huffed.

"No, I just want you to talk to him. If you like him, you can stay friends and you'll decide what to do from that point and on, and if you don't like him, just tell me and I'll get someone else to take care of him" He explained.

Jack got up from the chair and grabbed his backpack off the floor. He asked what the guy's name was, and he slowly left the office after saying bye to his uncle Rian.

Jack took the first few hours off knowing that it wouldn't have mattered if he actually got to class or not. He returned back to school at lunch time and was greeted with a bunch of different crowds sitting at multiple tables at the cafeteria. He meant to find said kid, but he couldn't quite see anyone sitting on their own, everyone had their little group of friends. It was a small school and knowing that it would be his last year being there, he knew everyone who went to school with him the previous year.

He was smart enough to go outside and look around for the kid. There he was, sitting cross-legged by the lake as he munched on a sandwich. Jack approached him and the other flinched at the sight of him, he gathered his things and started to walk away.

"Hey!" He kept walking. "Hey! I know you heard me" He stopped and turned to face Jack.

Jack took in his features; his hair was dark and covered his eyes, his nose was just the right size and his lips were thin and pink. He was wearing a plain black shirt and a sweater over it.

"What do you want? If you're going to call me names and leave, be quick please, I've had enough shit for the day" His innocent and shy self left and he expressed anger now. He was doing quite well until that moment.

"I'm not here for that, I just wanted to talk to you" Jack said sincerely.

"Why?"

"Because you're all alone, no one likes to be alone" Jack sat on the spot the other boy was sat at previously, and offered him to sit next to him.

"I like it" He said.

"I thought I liked it too, but that isn't true. You like the emptiness for a while because you want someone to fill that gap deep down inside of you but you're afraid no one will ever do"

"Not likely"

"What's your name?" Jack asked.

"Alex" The other replied flicking his hair to the side so he could take a look at Jack.

"That's a nice name. I'm Jack"
♠ ♠ ♠
This was going to be a one-shot but I'm lazy so I don't feel like continuing it. I'll make it a chaptered fic depending on the feedback. I hope you like it!