Status: Please note this story is also on Wattpad under the same username; If you see it anywhere else, please let me know!

Opposites Attract

.:Chapter 2:.

June 4th, 2014

"What the fuck?!" I hear Spirit yell from upstairs in her room. I guess Mitch Lucker worked, then!

I turn towards the stairs as the faint footsteps on the landing turn into loud stomps into the kitchen, in which I am situated, drinking my first of many coffees of the day. The voice inside my head tells me I'm addicted, but I refuse to believe that. I'm not an addict to coffee, or caffeine in general, I just know to enjoy as much as I can!

I see Spirit slowly walk towards me from the kitchen doorway.

"Morning, Wolfie," she chirps.

"Hey, big sis," I smile.

"You excited for later?" she questions.

"You have no idea, Spirit! We're going to meet our heroes!" I jump and clap my hands in excitement.

"Yep! And I'm gonna meet Ben, we're gonna fall in love, get married, and live happily ever after! Can you imagine it?" she asks, turning to the kettle and switching it on.

"You certainly can," I laugh. Spirit turns to face me.

"I'm serious!" she defends, "Spirit Bruce, Mrs Spirit Bruce," she tries her 'future' name on her tongue.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night," I tell her.

"Hey, that sounds like one of Of Mice & Men's songs," she notices.

"Oh, you mean When You Can't Sleep At Night?" I reply.

She only nods. Spirit hasn't been listening to OM&M for as long as I have. she doesn't know all of their songs, but she's getting there slowly. Last I checked, her favourite song by them was 'Still YDG'n'. I think mine is 'Bones Exposed' but 'Space Enough To Grow' is my favourite sort of slow-paced song by Of Mice. It just has this meaning hidden in the lyrics, and I just fell in love with it the first time I listened to it.

Stop thinking to yourself. Pay attention to your sister. Ugh, you're so stupid. Learn to have respect. No wonder Kion left. He couldn't stand your constant zoning out, and, to be honest, I'm getting a little sick of it myself! The voice tells me.

I mean, come on, who wants to be with you? Why would anybody care for you? I know I certainly don't mind if you were to drop dead right now. In fact, I'd be more than happy for you to just reach out, grab any large knife, and plunge it right into your chest. Spirit wouldn't care, she'd be ecstatic! She'd be free from having to take care of a stupid, ungrateful little git such as yourself.

"That's it!" I shout, making Spirit jump and stop talking, "I have had enough of you. You have so much to say about me, but I don't care anymore. Okay? I. Don't. Care. Stop bullying me with my obvious imperfections. Maybe you don't think I should live, but I do, alright? I'm happy here, just like this. So what if I've a flatter chest than other girls? What does it matter if I have freckles? Or if I don't have the brightest mind? Just leave me alone. Alright? Stop torturing me!"

Spirit stands still for a moment, blinking. Obviously taken aback from my sudden outburst.

"Wolfie, are the voices back?" she asks quietly. I just nod.

I used to hear voices when I was younger. They just appeared, out of the blue, when I was six. We got medication, and I was taken out of our public school and tutored in an online schooling programme until I was fourteen, then I was tought by our dad.

The voices disappeared shortly after my 15th birthday, and I could go back to public school. I didn't tell anybody, but not all of the voices left. One stayed. I only told the doctors they'd all gone because, well, I just wanted to fit in and be 'normal' again.

I was always the weird triplet, who heard voices and had mental breakdowns. The voices didn't just affect me. Thats why I don't like to make friends. I mean, Kion and Spirit were picked on sometimes for just knowing me.

Not everybody knew we were related. We look nothing alike. Kion had long, naturally black hair and brown eyes. Spirit has dark brown, almost black hair and blue-green eyes. And I have pale brown hair, with natural blonde streaks and blue-grey eyes.

Kion had our dads hair and our mothers eyes, Spirit has our mothers hair and our dad eyes, and I have our dads hair and our dads eyes.

I'm now staring at the broken clock we have on the kitchen wall. Hah, the irony. This morning, Bring Me The Horizon's Suicide Season was playing. The first two lines are "we stare at broken clocks, the hands don't turn anymore". Anyways, if that's broken, there's no point in me trying to read the time from it.

I turn to the kitchen doorway, only to realise Spirit isn't in here with me anymore.

"I wonder when she left," I think aloud.

I walk out of the kitchen, through the hall, and up the stairs before entering my bedroom, and searching for my iPod, phone and headphones. I press the lock button on my iPod to see that the time is 8:04 am. Well, shit. We said we'd be at the venue for Warped at 9:30 the latest, and it's almost a half hour drive there!

"Spirit, are you getting ready? We're gonna have to leave in about an hour, tops!" I scream out to the landing.

In reply, I hear a short squeak followed by a loud thud. She probably fell over putting her jeans on. It's very rare that Spirit keeps her balance on one foot for more than a few seconds.

With that, I lock my bedroom door, and pick out some clothes for today.

I finally decide on my outfit, after a good ten, maybe fifteen minutes:

My red You Me At Six 'Dreamer For Life' T-shirt, black zip-up Pierce The Veil hoodie, Banned red/black tartan skinny jeans with the tartan pattern only on the right leg, and my tall, red and black tartan boots, to complete my look.

I grab my Nirvana wallet, iPod, headphones, back up headphones (incase my others break or get lost), my A5 sketchbook, my sketch pencils, my coloured fine liners, my house keys and shove them all into my new Nightmare Before Christmas bag, patterned with Jack Skellington heads.

"Ready to leave?" Spirit asks, as I put my bag on my shoulders. I nod, and we are on our way to Warped!