Status: Please note this story is also on Wattpad under the same username; If you see it anywhere else, please let me know!

Opposites Attract

.:Chapter 4:.

June 4th, 2014

Somehow, probably with all the excitement of meeting Ben Bruce and buying a fuck tonne of merch, it's now 10:14, so that means we have 16 minutes until the first band play. Spirit checks the schedule she bought, and tells me the first band playing is Sleeping With Sirens.

We're making our way to the main stage when Spirit, being the clumsy shit she is, knocks into a girl around our age.

"Oh my gosh! I am so sorry!" the girl says, with a slight accent, "I'm so sorry!" she repeats.

"It's okay. It was my fault, really. I should look where I'm going." Spirit tells her.

"No, no. My fault!" the girl insists.

"Uh, I'm Spirit," my sister puts out a hand for the stranger to shake and she does.

"Lovely name," she compliments, "I'm Cristales-Rotos."

Spirit blinks at her and the girl laughs.

"It's Spanish. I'm Spanish," she explains.

"Ooohh," Spirit nods.

"That's nice. What does it mean?" I ask shyly.

"Shattered Glass," she says, then shudders slightly, "I don't like it much, but if I changed it, I wouldn't know what to change it to," she turns to Spirit, "Sorry, again, Spirit."

"Please stop apologising. It was my fault. So where we're you headed?" Spirit asks, trying to make conversation.

"I was going to get a map and schedule for the shows." she tells us.

"Well, if you're alone, uh, m-maybe you could, uh-uhm hang with us? I-I mean if you wa-want to, th-that is." I stutter.

"Oh. Err, o-okay then. As long as you both don't mind?" she says, looking slightly surprised but happy.

"Of course we don't!" Spirit exclaims, "So, uh, Crist- uhm," she stutters on our new friend's name.

"Oh, you can just call me Crystal. Everybody else does, I don't mind," Crystal brushes it off, as if her name doesn't matter.

"Okay then, Crystal. So, oh yeah,-" Spirit starts to converse with Crystal, as I walk behind them, to study our Spanish friend.

Crystal has butt-length brunette hair, the top half of which is bleached blonde. She has a full fringe, dyed black, with four chunky streaks of an almost crimson colour. I notice her eyes are brown, she has two piercings on her left eyebrow and her plump lips hold shark bite piercings.

As she walks, her loose hair moves with her steps and I catch a glimpse of a taper in her left ear, which looks to be, from my distance, I guess around a size 8 gauge perhaps.

All in all, I like the look of this girl. 'She seems cool' I think to myself.

I snap out of my trance when I realise we've just reached the main stage. We're fairly close to the stage and, maybe, if I'm lucky, one of today's singers will come down off stage and high-five and hand-hug people. Hopefully, one of those people will be me.

Just as I go to grab my iPod from my pocket for the time, Kellin Quinn runs out on stage along with the rest of the band, earning many screams and 'I love you's.

As the band gets into position, Kellin greets the crowd and introduces the first song of the day, which is If You Can't Hang.

"Met a girl at seventeen, thought she meant the world to me. So I gave her everything, she turned out to be a cheat.

"Said she'd been thinking for a long time, and she found somebody new. I been think that this whole time, but I never thought you'd stay, but that's okay. I hope he takes your filthy heart and then he throws you away someday.

"Before you go, there's one thing you ought to know. If you can't hang then, there's the door, baby. If you can't hang then, there's the door, baby. If you can't hang then, there's the door, baby. If you can't hang then, there's the door."

Kellin sings with so much energy, and lets the crowd scream the chorus to the mic.

After If You Can't Hang, the band play Feel, Low, Who Are You Now, Do It Now, Remember It Later, Free Now, The Best There Ever Was, Here We Go, Dead Walker Texas Ranger, Congratulations, to which Matty Mullins comes on stage, and they end with If I'm James Dean, Then You're Audrey Hepburn.

As expected, Sleeping With Sirens play an amazing show. Up next, Of Mice & Men!