Status: Please note this story is also on Wattpad under the same username; If you see it anywhere else, please let me know!

Opposites Attract

.:Chapter 7:.

June 5th, 2014

Yesterday was really fun and I got to see Josh Frankie again. I didn't realise I'd missed him so much! The only thing that bothered me was that by the end of the night, Spirit had managed to teach Josh's band mates the 'art of shipping', as she said, and had created the 'Jolfie ship, the OTP of 2014,' which currently, or as far as I know, has six 'shippers': Spirit, Max, Dan, Chris, Matt, and probably Jaime.

I walk into the kitchen for my usual morning coffee and hear Spirit talking to somebody, though I hear no second voice. Perhaps she's on the phone? Most likely; she's not one to talk to herself. No, that's my thing.

As I pop a bread slice in the toaster, I hear heavy footsteps coming down the stairs and no more talking.

"Hey sis!" Spirit grins. I nod quietly in response, looking to the kitchen wall for the time on the clock. Around 10:42-ish. I hate clocks with hands, you never get an accurate time.

"Who were you talking to?" I ask my sister, as she starts to hum the chorus of Panic! At the Disco's song I Write Sins Not Tragedies.

"What?" she replies.

"I heard you talking. I'm assuming you we're on the phone?" I question.

"Oh! Just, y'know," her face lights up at the thought of whoever, "BEN BRUCE!" she screeches down my ear, causing me to drop my nearly finished coffee, the mug braking, shattering.

"Shit!" she stands still for a second, then moves me to the door carefully, but hurriedly. 'Well,' I think to myself, 'If you don't want any help..' I chuckle slightly at her cared expression and walk upstairs to get dressed for the day.

I enter my room, close the door behind me, turn to my wardrobe, and facepalm.

"What do I wear today?" I ask myself.

"Band merch?" I reply. To myself.

"Oh, wow. Well done you. Gold star. Of course I'm going to wear band merch! It's not like I own anything else!" I sigh, "I meant what band?"

"Depends what our plans are for today... Want another tattoo?"

"Is the studio doing walk-ins?"

"I don't know actually. How about a piercing?"

"Where?"

"Septum?"

"I can dig it!"

"...The hell?"

"I really don't know."

"Okay, so.. What are we wearing?"

"I asked you. Let's decide the way we normally do."

"Agreed."

After the random conversation with myself, I turn on my iPod dock and select shuffle on all songs. Aaaand, my iPod has decided to play Are We The Waiting from Green Day's album American Idiot. I try to think, what shirts do I have of Green Day? Answer: 1. American Idiot. How convenient! I pair my Green Day shirt with my black skinnies, well, one pair of...many.

As I finished getting dressed and am about to head to the bathroom to check my make-up, Spirit bounds into my room, singing at the top of we lungs the current song on my iPod: Ignorance by Paramore.

"It's nice to meet you sir, I guess I'll go. I best be on my way out-"

"Ignorance is your new best friend!" I scream/growl, whatever you want to call it.

"A little birdy-birdy-birdy told me you're getting a piercing?" she does a strange movement with her hand as she says 'birdy' thrice.

"You mean you eavesdropped on my solo conversation? Yes. I think I'm finally gonna get my septum pierced!" I smile widely. I've wanted my septum pierced for the passed four years now!

"Anything else?" she inquires.

"Not today, I don't think. You want anything? If you come with, you can get second piercings like you were thinking of the other night," I suggest.

"I like that idea! Which studio, or do they do face piercings in Claire's now?" she asks.

"No, sadly. we can go there first though, for you, then the studio down the road from there. That's where you got your nostril pierced, right?"

"Yeah, they were good. Hygienic and sterile. I trust them." she answers me.

"If you trust 'em, I do. Shall we?" I say, and link my arm with hers.

"Oh, yes. Let's!" Spirit nods enthusiastically, and starts towards the stairs with me in tow.

"Who's driving?" I ask as we exit the front door.

"I don't mind," she shrugs and I lock the front door, "but we need to stop at the pet store on our way back, no hamster food."

"Or hamster..?" I sigh, "You're not getting another, are you?"

"No, I'm gonna eat hamster food myself." she says sarcastically... I hope.