Status: Complete

Last to Know

13

It took only three days before Brian and I were married, we had gotten a ring for myself before a show at the state we were in, and the day after the ring was bought we were married. None of the guys knew, not the roadies, not Dan, hell none of our fans even saw us sneak off. Brian was more than happy to show off our rings the moment we went on stage, except I wanted it to be more of a surprise, see if people figured it out. Fans were posting pictures of us during meet and greets where our hands showed. The captions made it worth while, they were all speculating whether we were engaged or married. I was always tempted to write to them and tell them the truth, but it was so fun to watch these young teens freak out over us.

“Babe, it's almost two in the morning, come to bed please” Brian was tiredly rubbing his eyes, his hair a mess from the show we had played not even an hour prior.
“Just one more minute and I'll be there I promise” Of course I had said the same thing to him when I was playing CoD, so it wasn't true.
“No, you're coming to bed now” Brian tugged on my arm and groaned, his grip was weak. Of course we were spending our honeymoon on tour, so we were having some sleepless nights.
“Let me shut off the laptop first” I wrapped one arm around Brian's waist, and shut down the laptop with my free hand.

Brian seemed content, a small smile on his lips. Once the laptop was off and put away I stood up and wrapped my other arm tight around Brian's waist.

“I love you, so much” I pressed my lips against his neck softly, his heart rate quickened underneath my lips.
“Matt, we can't” Brian shivered and tangled his fingers in my hair, which reminded me, I needed to get that cut.
“I didn't say we had to, just that I loved you” I trailed my fingers along his hips slowly, goosebumps leaving a trail from my fingers.
“I love you too Matt, now let's get some sleep, please” Brian's jaw fell slack as I gently bit his pulse point, it was so easy to get him riled up.
“All you have to do is push me away” I smirked and pressed my hips against his. Brian wrapped his legs around my waist and whimpered.
“Come on Matt, that's not fair” Brian glared at me, even though it had no effect.

Zack stumbled out from the bunk room and yawned, he must not be able to sleep.

“Oh, am I interrupting something?” Zack raised a brow and crossed his arms, okay, maybe the position looked a little awkward to someone walking in.
“Yes you are, now we're going to bed, so if you'll excuse me” I hoisted Brian up higher and headed down to the bunks,

It wasn't easy to sleep together in a bunk seeing as neither of us were small, and the bunks were already tight for one of us to sleep in alone. Of course we made it work, and I don't think I would ever be able to sleep without Brian by my side anymore. He would cuddle into my side like a leech and I adored it, and of course the fact that he was now my husband weighed in on it as well.

“I'm gonna grab a glass of water, do you want anything?” I set Brian down in the bunk and stood up. I'd just ignore any remarks that Zack had waiting for me.
“Just you when you get back” Brian curled up and pulled the thin sheet over his body, his eyes slipping closed as his head hit the pillow. God he was too amazing.

I walked down to the small kitchenette that was on the bus and grabbed a clean cup for water, my throat always got very dry after a show. Zack was perched up on the couch that was no more than five feet away from me, except he wasn't making any remarks. His phone was glued to his ear, a small smile gracing his lips from time to time. I quickly finished my glass of water and headed back down to my bunk, Zack deserved privacy when he was talking to his wife, he hadn't been able to see her in months. I slipped in beside Brian and yawned, I hadn't realized how tired I actually was until I was cuddled with Brian. I'd never get over this, I found the person I was truly meant to be with and they had been right under my nose the whole time. Except, I had never really had an attraction to men, but something about Brian felt different. He wasn't just some stranger that I had met online, I had known him as long as I had known Val. Val and I had gotten together a year after I met Brian, he started dating Michelle not too long after that. Those two were inseparable in the beginning, and of course after time it got harder to be around them. They were so in love it hurt, but they were happy and eventually everyone else had someone by their side. Of course when Jimmy passed away it took a toll on everyone, Johnny's relationship failed, Zack's first marriage ended in divorce, and Brian was the only one who was smart enough to keep his together. Granted, Val and I were still together through the mourning, though it was around that time she started cheating on me.

No one would've seen the signs, she kept her infidelity a secret from everyone until it all came crashing down on her that day. Her husband, boyfriend at the time, had called our house phone instead of her cell phone, and of course I had answered instead of her. The shock didn't hit me until after I had hung up the phone, the guy spilled all of her dirty little secrets without a second thought. Once she walked through the door with bags of groceries I couldn't hold back, all I could see was fire, I wanted to kill the man she was cheating with. If I had known where he lived I might've, I couldn't afford to go to prison though, I had too much to uphold. I was making Jimmy proud, even if he wasn't by my side anymore. Brian didn't see how bad things became after she left though, no one did. They only saw it from the outside, the times they would come to see me, I was too afraid to admit I had a real problem. I almost started doing drugs again to get rid of the heartache, the drinking stopped helping, and I just wanted to be free of any pain. I could never thank Brian enough, he pulled me back from the edge, though I wasn't very friendly about it. It opened my eyes, and now I was lying with the man that held my heart, the man I would grow old and gray with.

“I love you Brian, don't you ever forget that” I smiled and kissed his cheek gently. He stirred in his sleep and sighed softly.

You are my world, and I will never let you go.

FIN
♠ ♠ ♠
AND IT'S DONE
i know this chapter is really short but i wanted to really go into depth of how Matt was after the breakup and before Brian and him got together
so i hope everyone enjoyed the story