Blood on the Midnight Roses

FIVE-New From Awakening

She ran down the hallway, colours of rich reds and purples pasted her by. Her flowing dress of satin, pearls and burnt orange danced in the air, while the empty house was set alight with laughter and joy. He had come home, her prince. She got to the front wooden door, the light from outside blinds her eyes only from a moment, before she smiles at the silhouette and her hearts sings when it spoke her name.

Calista.

CALISTA POV

Vivian; Calista. Cali dear, it’s time to wake up

I awoke from the same weird dream I’ve been having for the last week or so, ever since Autumn died. It starts off with a memory of she and I, then to me looking at myself dying in the woods and ends with girl running to a door and that deep voice calling my name. Then, I wake up. It’s the same thing every night, it’s so weird yet I haven’t told a soul. People already think I’m liar, don’t want them to believe I’m crazy too. Raising from my bed, I slowly walk to my bathroom to get ready for school. My mother, Vivian, follows close behind me.

Vivian; Cali I don’t see why you won’t take some time off school, with all this talk of lying. I think its best of everyone that you stay here

Calista; You mean what’s best for you. I’ve told you that I don’t care what other people think

Vivian; But I do! Cali, our good name is being dragged through the mud since your talk to the police and it’s too much the handle

I face her, anger burning in my eyes while disappointment burning in hers. Even when her daughter is going through emotional hell, she’s still oh so selfish. It’s always about the family name, its reputation.

Calista; I spoke the truth mother, I couldn’t lie to the police. The truth about Autumn would of come out sooner than later

Vivian; But no one believes it. Yes she was acting strangely with all that make-up and black clothing, but sex and drugs and a Goth boyfriend. That was not who Autumn was and you know it!

Calista (yells); AND HOW WOULD YOU FUCKING KNOW THAT?! HOW WOULD ANYONE KNOW WHO SHE REALLY WAS?! ONLY I KNEW, ONLY ME!

My mother slaps me across the face. The room goes silent, yet the anger remains. I don’t dare to look at her, my eyes are fixed to the floor. It’s my own fault, I should know better than to yell or disagree with mother.

Vivian; I’m going to forgive you for your little outburst, I understand that you’re going through a difficult time as of late. However you’re beliefs of Autumn are just fantasy, must be something your mind came up with to cope. You’ll feel a lot better after a long rest and of course, attending the party tonight. The Campbell’s will be there, it’s the perfect time for you to apologize to them

She smiles a smile which screams “you know I’ve won this fight, I’m in control”, takes my hand and walks me back to my bed. She tucks me in tightly like a child and kisses me on the forehead.

Vivian; Now you get some sleep, I’ll call the school and tell them you’re taking some time off. You’ll be ok alone right Cali?

Calista; Yes mother. Sorry mother

Vivian; You are forgiven. Oh, I’ll call Crawford to check in on you after school. It’s been a while since you were last together. Right, I’ve got to go. Goodbye Cali

She gave me a quick kiss on the cheek and ran out the door, locking it behind her. She knows what I would have done, damn. I want to go to school, I need an education not my stupid cheating ex coming in and fusing over me. Everyone knows that I dumped him, but everyone what’s use to get back together. My family are the worse, since my father is the Mayor and Crawford is the son of a rich vicar they believe we’re the perfect match. Only, only she understood my feelings. Sighing, I shoved my headphones into my ears and blasted the last song Autumn sent me.

https://youtu.be/vDK02xlB47k?list=PLnU_U_aKiT5zIQB5DsAoGIeNCHQsh2NC9
Sid-Enamel

4 Hours Later

Lights slowly pulls me out of my sudden slumber. I didn’t even realize that I’d fallen asleep. The song had continued to play, I must have pressed the repeat while I was sleeping. Turning the music off and check the time; 12:15. I laugh at the sound of my tummy growling at me, begging me for food. I threw on some clothes, a t-shirt, beggy jeans that reached the knees, a pair of biker boots and the over-sized purple hoodie Autumn stole for me.

Since my mother locked the door, the only way to get out is the window. I push the window open and begin to climb out. I’m a little scared, if anyone saw me escaping and call my mother, which they would, I’m in big shit.

Calista; I won’t be long, just a few minutes to get something to eat

I keep saying that sentence in my mind, reassuring myself that everything will be fine. Once my feet hit the ground, I quickly walked to the front of the house. I’m so glad to be out, having a little bit of freedom for once.

Calista; Right, I’ll just grab something to eat and run back home. No one has to…what the hell?

I stop right in my tracks at the sight of a moving truck parked next door. We have new neighbours? New folks in town are very rare, so my curiosity is sparked. I creeped a little closer, I want to see who’s moving next door to me. I knew that I shouldn’t, I should forget the new comers for now and go back to my original plan. However something in me told me to check them out. I see old looking furniture being taken out of the truck; black crosses, a dark wooden table with a red pentagram in the middle and a coffin, along with other Gothic looking stuff. Oh God, they’re not going to last long here. And my family is not going to like them at all.

I went to walk away when I bump into something hard and almost go flying, when strong feeling arms coil around my stomach and stop me from hitting the ground. I place my hands on them, they feel soft and muscular and a little hairy. My eyes begin to move, starting from the tight black t-shirt with a bloody red skull printed on it. They travel up to the v-neckline, relieving black chest hair. It’s a man holding me. Going up I see a silver cross on a silver chain and a black choker and landed on the most handsome face I have ever seen. Dark chocolate pools flaming with lust and want sharing right at me. A straight nose with two nose rings, perfect kissable lips with snake bites, thick black eyebrows and a badass looking scar on the left side of his face. He smiles at me then speaks, his voice shocks me.

Unknown Male; Hello angel, are you alright?

That voice, that deep and growling voice from my dream.

Calista (whisper); Impossible

All I remember before I pass out is him smiling at me and saying;

Unknown Male; I’ve finally found you Calista