Blood on the Midnight Roses

SIX-Meet The Nightingales

UNKNOWN MALE POV

I cannot believe it, I simply cannot believe my eyes. After all these years of searching, years of dreaming of finding her again, she bumps into me and falls into my arms. I am so happy, I have my beloved Calista back. I pull her in closer, taking in the sight of her. She haven’t change one little bit; a perfectly beautiful lightly tanned face, a beauty spot kisses the top of her naturally red lips, long dark brown hair and a curvy body. I took a deep sniff of her hair, she still smells like strawberries. I fight away the tears, I must be strong. I hug her tightly, it’s her. My one true love.

Unknown Female; Ascelin, what are you doing out here? We need your help in here

I left my head up at the voice of my sister Lycoris and laugh quietly. I’m so overcome with joy that I forgot that we’d have just moved here and we have a lot of work to do. She comes towards us, her hot pink hair blowing in the wind and stops dead in her tracks seeing me holding Calista.

Lycoris; Ascelin, who is that? And what have you done?

Ascelin; Shhh, keep it down Ly. I have done nothing wrong, she fainted

She walks slowly closer and kneels down.

Lycoris (whispers); Ok, well who is she?

Ascelin; It’s her dear sister, it’s Calista

She looks at me in disbelief and shock. I smirk at her, her screamed crazy. Other loud voices make themselves known to the outside world. Our brothers and sisters circle us three, I can feel their eyes on her. I fight the urge to growl at them, they maybe family but she is mine.

Malachi; What’s going on you two? And who’s the girl?

Waldron (at the same time); Who’s the hot chick?

I looked at Waldron, my teeth out. If looks could kill, he’d be six feet under. It’s a good thing my older sister, Hesperia, is here with her hand on my shoulder. She’s always good at calming anyone down, especially me. Lycoris raises from the ground.

Lycoris; Ascelin has gone crazy. He thinks this human is Calista

Eirlys; Calista, how can that be? It’s been so long, how can it be her?

Malachi; But what if it is her Eirlys? The witch did say we’d find her one day

Hesperia; Ascelin, may I have a look at her?

Nodding, I leaned a little back but not too much. Hesperia kneeled next to me and looked at Calista. She then looked at me, shock and joy song in her face. She knew the truth as much as I did. It is her.

Hesperia; It’s her alright, the spitting image. Even her scent is the same

Eirlys (cries); Oh my god, Calista

Lycoris; I don’t believe she’s alive. Sorry bro for thinking you’re crazy

Ascelin; It’s ok Ly, I understand why you’d think like that

Perseus; So, what do we do with her?

All of us jumped and turned to Perseus, the middle brother. He rarely talks, only when he has to. He has a point though, what are we going to do with her? I can’t leave her, I won’t leave her again.

Hesperia; We’ll take her inside, make her feel better. Not a word about the past until we know she’s ok

Ascelin; But…

Hesperia; No buts Ascelin, if you tell her right away you’ll scare her off and I know that’s the last thing that you want

Ascelin (sighing); Ok, fine. I won’t say a word. Now come on, let’s get her inside before she gets cold

I gently pick her up and carry her towards the house. I only look at her as I walk upstairs, smiling at her. She looks so peaceful while she’s sleeping, just like I remember. I get to my bedroom, kicking the door open and laying her on my double bed, kissing her forehead. I sit next to her, running me fingers through her soft hair.

Ascelin (whispers); I have missed you so, Calista. I have waited for years for you, trying to find you for all these years. Now I have you, and (begins to cry) I promise you that I will never, ever let you go again. I won’t let anyone hurt you, I swear it my love

I cry tears of joy as my brothers, sisters and mother enter my room. My mother, Kalonice, smiles at me. I can tell that she had been crying, she and Calista were so close.

Lycoris; Guys, dry you’re fucking tears. She’s waking up

CALISTA POV

My eyes blink and I sigh with sleepiness as I awaken. All I remember is bumping into a handsome man and fainting at the sound of his voice, the voice that sounded a lot like the one in my dreams. I feel warmth and something conformable under me. I knew I wasn’t outside any longer, I was in a house and on a bed not my own. The sheets are soft and cool, like silk. I turn my head and my skin jumps a little, at the sight of many strange eyes looking right at me. It’s weird, I feel like I know them. Something inside me tells me that it’s ok, I can trust them. I look at the chocolate eyes staring into mine, the eyes of the man who made me swoon.

Ascelin; You’re awake, are you ok?

Calista (sitting up); Yeah, thanks for taking me in. And sorry for fainting on you

Ascelin (laughing); It’s alright, no harm done

God his laugh is sexy, hell everything about him is sexy. I blush at the thought and look away from him. All these people looking at me is making me nervous.

Ascelin; Sorry for making you feel nervous, all us strangers looking at you must be weird. Let me introduce everybody, I’m Ascelin Nightingale

He puts out his hand for me to shake. I take it and he presses his lips on to it. What a gentleman, as always. Wait what? Where did that come from?

Calista (blushes, talks nervously); Please…please to meet you. I’m Calista, Calista Arlington. I live next door.

Unknown Female; Ah, so you’re our new next door neighbour

A gorgeous woman spoke to me, she has hip length white blonde hair and kind light grey eyes. I get a lumped in my throat, yet I’m not sure why. Never the less for whatever reason, I’m happy to see her.

Ascelin; Calista, this is my mother Kalonice

Kalonice; Pleased to meet you Calista, welcome to our home. My husband, Idris, is at work and will be home later. I’m sure he’d be happy to meet you

I nodded at her then looked at the others. Most of them are smiling at me, one didn’t even look at me. Ascelin went down the line, starting with a tall muscular man with spikey blonde hair.

Ascelin; This is my oldest brother Malachi

Malachi; Hello

He points to the girl next to Malachi, she’s short with wavy ginger locks and bright green eyes.

Ascelin; That’s Hesperia, the girl with the pink hair is Lycoris

Lycoris waves at me with a smirk. Two girls step forward, one dressed all in black and the other has huge oval glasses and an over-sized jumper.

Ascelin; These are the twins, Danika is the gothic looking one and the nerd is Jocasta

Jocasta; Hey, enough with the nerd asshole

Kalonice; Jocasta! No bad language!

Jocasta (mutters); Sorry mother

The goth girl, Danika, takes the hand of the boy who’s not looking at me.

Danika; This is Perseus. He doesn’t talk much, until he has too. Peri, say hello

Perseus (whispers); Hello

He quickly leaves the room. I know not to go after him, somehow. Another boy, with a wild afro sits on the bed and takes my hand.

Waldron; Hey baby, I’m Waldron. Just turned 15, maybe we could ow

Ascelin grabs him by the shoulder and squeezes him until he lets go and gets off the bed. He gives Waldron a death glare.

Waldron; What? What did I do?

Kalonice; Waldron, don’t push your luck. And Ascelin, don’t hurt your brother in front of Calista

Ascelin and Waldron; Yes mother

I giggle and move my head to the last person to be introduce. It’s a little girl with dark grey pigtails and a light blue babydoll dress. She’s cute.

Calista; Hello, who are you?

Ascelin; Oh, this is our little princess Eirlys

Kalonice; Eirlys, don’t be afraid. Say hello

The little girl cries out and runs to me, hugging tightly. She cries hard on my shoulder, saying my name. I hug her back, I had to. I just had to. This is so crazy. I suddenly get an image of this family all together, dressed in white with me and Ascelin holding hands.

Calista (nervous); Well, it’s very nice to meet you all. And thanks for helping me. Just one question

I look right at Ascelin, looking at him dead in the eye. I have to know why I’m feeling like this. Like I know them, that I know him.

Calista; Why do I feel like I know you? Have I met you all before?

I feel them all look at me, probably debating whether or not to tell me. But I look at Ascelin, I have a feeling that he would tell me, he wouldn’t lie to me. He opens his mouth, about to tell me until…

Crawford (yelling); Cali, where are you? You’re in big trouble if you don’t face me in 10 seconds

Oh fuck, Crawford is here.