Never Too Late

Awkward Family Dinner

Lacey's Point of View

After John and I were done hooking up, we went our separate ways. He offered to give me a ride to Denny’s with him, but I wasn’t feeling up for it. Besides, how could we explain that to the group? We were supposed to hate each other. Instead, I walked back to my uncle's house and walked through the door.

"Jesus Christ, where have you been?!" Gerard exclaimed.

"I went for a walk, sorry," I answered.

"Next time at least check in," he said.

"Well, kind of hard to do when I don't have a number to reach you at," I replied.

"Right, sorry," he said sheepishly.

"Whatever," I said and rolled my eyes.

I started to walk upstairs when he stopped me.

"Dinner will be ready soon," he told me.

"All right, well, until then I'm going to go unpack," I said.

Gerard nodded and I went to my room. I grabbed one of my suitcases and started to organize everything. I hung up my hoodies and sweaters in the closet and separated my other clothes and put them in the dresser. After I was done with that I went into my bathroom and organized everything in there. I was almost done when I got to a small box that I knew too well. I opened it and saw the razor blade. It was tempting me. I picked it up and was ready to cut myself, but I was pulled from the thought when I heard my name being called. I quickly put it away and walked out of my bathroom. Gerard walked into my room and looked at me.

"Dinner's ready. I've been calling your name," he said.

"Sorry, I zone out when I clean," I told him.

We both walked downstairs and headed to the kitchen. I saw my other uncle, Mikey, who I’d never really met in my life, getting plates out of the cabinet. Gerard grabbed the cups and the forks. I saw that they had made mac and cheese for dinner.

"What do you want to drink? We have milk, juice and water," Gerard offered.

"I'll just take some water," I said.

Gerard got that and brought the cup and forks over. My other uncle brought the plates and the bowl of mac and cheese over. I thanked them both and we mostly sat in silence. I wasn't about to lie, it was pretty awkward sitting with two people that you barely knew.

"So what did your mom tell you about us?" Gerard asked, breaking the silence.

"Nothing much. I don't even know either of you really," I admitted.

"Well, Allison never brought you guys over much. Doesn't help we were in the band as well," Mikey said.

"Can't say I blame her. As much as I loved Allison, we all had our disagreements with each other. She would bring you both over every now and again. You were pretty young and so was Lucy," Gerard added.

"We don't want this to be awkward at all, you can ask us anything," Mikey said.

I nodded and learned more about my uncles. Time had flown by and Lucy finally showed up.

"Well, this is a rare sight to see," she commented.

"And where have you been?" Gerard asked, annoyed.

"Out with some friends and then I went to Hobby Lobby," she replied.

"Well, next time check in. You have my number," he said.

"Whatever," she said and rolled her eyes.

Lucy sat down and joined the conversation, which was surprising. We all talked for a little longer and then Lucy and I decided to head upstairs. We said goodnight to each other and walked to our rooms. I took a shower and got into a pair of sweat pants and a tank top. I hopped into bed and grabbed my journal. I turned the TV on for some background noise and started to write. Once I was finished writing I turned the TV off and laid down. I closed my eyes and sleep came pretty quick.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to our one subscriber! You rock!