Never Too Late

Cutting Words

Lacey's Point of View

Going out to dinner with Lucy, John and Mason was always amusing. We all would just bullshit the whole time. We ordered and ate our food. Lucy was paying for our bill when I got a text message. I pulled my phone out of my pants and saw it was from John.

"Make out sesh?" it read.

I looked over at him and saw him smirking. I turned my attention over to Lucy who had been talking about heading somewhere else.

"Actually, I’ll ride with John if that's okay," I said.

Lucy blinked at me like she was surprised I even asked.

"Yeah, that's fine if it's cool with John," she finally agreed.

I heard John sigh loudly. "Sure, why not?"

We went our separate ways. John and I let Lucy and Mason get a head start. John pulled me to the side of the building and pinned me up against it. He gently placed his lips on mine and we kissed for a few minutes.

"I have been wanting to do that since we got here," he breathed.

"Well, maybe we should get going before Lucy and Mason think we got lost," I said, smiling.

We walked over to his car and we headed over to the store. John pulled into the parking lot and parked further away so no one would see us. We moved to the backseat and started to make out. John started to take my shirt off when his hand went over one of my new cuts. I winced in pain and John stopped. He looked down at my arm.

"I thought you stopped this," he said.

I didn't say anything. I heard him sigh. I had had an issue with cutting for a while now. Lucy, Mason and John are the only ones who knew about it. John had convinced me to stop for a bit but with everything going on I’d started back up.

"Lacey, answer me. I thought you stopped. Why did you keep this from me?" he asked.

"Because you would react like this. It's not like it really matters to you," I told him.

"It does matter," he insisted, getting frustrated.

"It shouldn't. I swear to God though, if you tell Lucy, I’ll kill you," I threatened.

"Give me one reason why I shouldn't tell her. She's your sister and she cares about you," he replied.

"She doesn't care about me. No one does," I told him.

"Oh, stop it. You're acting like a bitch now," he argued.

"Fuck you, John,” I snapped and pushed him away.

I pulled my shirt back down and put my coat back on and got out of his car. I started walking to the store. I could hear John calling my name but I ignored him. I didn't care. I opened the door to the store and went to find Lucy. I spotted Mason first and walked over.

"Give me the car keys. I’m going to sit in the car until you're finished," I said.

"What the fuck is your issue?" Lucy asked.

"Can I just have the fucking keys or not Lucy?" I demanded.

"Jesus Christ, take them.” She rolled her eyes.

She handed me the keys and I walked back outside. I found her car and unlocked it. I got in and grabbed my iPod out of my jacket pocket and put my headphones on. Music was one way to get me to calm down. I closed my eyes and waited for Lucy.

I must've dozed off waiting for Lucy because when I woke up we were pulling into the driveway. Lucy put her car in park and I got out. I walked up the steps to the front door and opened it. I didn't say anything to anyone. I went straight to my room and slammed the door behind me. I kicked my shoes off and threw my jacket on the bed. I walked over to my bathroom and opened up the cabinet door. I grabbed what I was looking for and sat down on the floor. I rolled up my sleeve and looked at the scars. What happened next was a familiar feeling. I let the blade slice open my skin. I was so out of it that I didn't realize how many times I had done it this time. I grabbed some toilet paper and wrapped it around my arm. I started up my shower and got undressed. I hopped in and sat down in the tub. I sat there for a while until the water started to go cold. I got out and wrapped myself up in a towel. I got into some comfy clothes and laid in my bed. I could hear my phone going off from across the room. I hadn't checked it since we left. I didn't really care. I closed my eyes and let sleep take over.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry about the lack of updates for those of you reading! We've both been a bit swamped with other things recently, but we're hoping to update again soon! Thanks for sticking with us.