Status: It's not much but it's enough (completed)

A Comfortable Silence

1/1

JACK

"Hey, Jack?" I looked up from my laptop to see that Zack was fixing his shirt right in front of me. I was so caught up watching Youtube videos that I hadn't noticed him until he called my name for the fourth time.

"What?" I asked taking my headphones off my head and pausing the video I was watching at the minute.

"Rian and I are going on a date. It's our eight month anniversary" My best friend smiled down at me proudly and I congratulated him with a warm smile.

"Where is Rian then?" I asked, confused as to why one of them was in the house and the other was missing.

"At work. I'm picking him up and we're going to a fancy diner in town" He explained.

"Oh, cool. Have fun and tell Rian I said hi" I tried going back to the videos, but he stopped me by talking again.

"You know what that means, right?" Zack raised an eyebrow.

"That I'll have to have pizza because you won't be here to cook dinner?" I tried guessing, but didn't succeed as I watched Zack sigh and roll his eyes. I thought I was right because he usually did all the cooking unless he really didn't feel like it, so I was taken a back when he shook his head.

"No, it means Rian and I are going to.. you know" He tried to explain, and it was now my turn to roll my eyes. For such a big, bulky guy, he surely was shy as hell.

"I'm not going anywhere, it's freaking cold outside" I protested crossing my arms over my chest.

It wasn't the first time Zack had asked me to leave our flat so they could have sex without me in the house, but it had always been during the day so I could go out for coffee or do homework at the library. It was 9PM and they had yet to go out for dinner, I had the right to stay indoors for once seeing how cold it was outside that night.

"Come on, please?" He begged trying to pull his puppy eyes but he ended up looking like a creep.

"No" I stated dully.

"Jack, you don't want to hear us fucking, trust me" Zack laughed but I didn't think it was funny at all, all I could think about was watching videos on the cosy couch with a huge blanket over my body.

"Fuck, Zack. You try going out in this cold!" I protested but he only shook his head.

"Jack, I'm just saying you're going to hear us. It's our anniversary, we're going to do it whether you stay here or not" Zack huffed and left to his room to finish getting ready.

"For fuck sake! You owe me big time!" Fuck, shit, crap. What the hell am I supposed to do now?

-

ALEX

I got the cheese pizza out of the oven and burnt my fingertips as I ran into the living room with it in my hands.

"Fuck!" I screamed out in pain and wrapped my hands around the cold Coke can.

"Ah, much better" I sighed in relieve and turned the TV on. Spider-Man came on and I grinned and wiggled my butt on the couch.

I thought it was going to be a perfect pamper night with one of y favourite movies on TV, comfort food and blankets to keep me warm, until I heard moaning coming from outside the door.

"Oh, no" I thought. My roommates were my best friends - my very gay and cheesy gay boyfriends, and would usually come home horny and wanting the place for themselves. It was one of those days.

"Fuck baby" Matt moaned as he unlocked the door and got in. I groaned loudly and they stopped immediately when they saw me sitting on the couch.

"Out" He said as he walked towards me, Danny's hand in his.

"I'm not leaving tonight. Don't you see I'm all cosy? I've even just got the pizza out of the oven and Spider-Man is on, come on guys. Not tonight" I begged, although I knew it was pointless. If I were them, I would like them to leave the place so I could be with my boyfriend too, so it was only fair that I did the same for them. Only if I did have a boyfriend.

"You know what I'm going to say" Danny said and rolled his eyes getting closer to Matt to hide his obvious boner. Thank God I was used to them being horn-dogs.

"Yeah, yeah, I would do the same for you if you had a boyfriend" I mimicked his voice in a stupid voice and got up, but not without taking my blanket and pizza with me. I huffed when I walked past them and told them to use protection. They only laughed - those bastards.

As I was walking towards the door, I heard yelling from the other side of the walls. I shrugged figuring that it was only my neighbours having a fight.

I walked out the door and slid down the wall until my butt touched the ground. I put my blanket over my crossed legs and then put the plate with the pizza on top. I thought watching something on my phone wouldn't be much different from watching TV in the flat. Although I would have preferred it over this, because I had a cosy home with a big TV inside, and all I had in the hallway was a phone with a tiny screen and an uncomfortable wall I had to lean on.

"For fuck sake! You owe me big time!" I turned my head around and saw one of my neighbours getting out of his flat after slamming their door shut. He sighed and looked at me.

I felt like such a creep sitting down on the hallway of a building with pizza on my lap staring at this kid. I wondered if he thought I had a mental problem as I sat there with a slice of pizza in my mouth. Shit, this is so awkward.

He must have thought so too since he raised an eyebrow at me. He sighed and turned away to check his phone. He sighed again and swore at it, saying something about not knowing what to do.

We made eye-contact a few more times and I decided to stare at the wall in front of me instead of the guy, but he sighed again and I just had to turn my head in his direction to check on him. I was worried I was the one he was sighing over, but could you blame me for the situation I was put in? I had no idea what to do.

"Uh.. Hi?" I said nervously. He turned his head and nodded his head.

"Alex, right?" He asked and slowly got a little closer.

"How do you know that?" I asked him, shocked that he even knew my name. Even though we were neighbours we had never met before.

"These walls speak too loudly" He chuckled and leant against the wall opposite from mine.

"You can say that again. I'm glad you're not in your flat right now though, my two very gay very loud best friends are just about to have sex" I admitted and rolled my eyes. His eyes widened in surprise. I thought I had spoken too much, he might have been homophobic for all I knew. I shut my mouth immediately after that.

"Shit, sorry. I guess I shouldn't have said-"

"No, no! This is so funny. My room-mates are fucking too" He said. It was my turn to be surprised now. Holy shit, this is crazy.

"Are you serious?" I asked, and he nodded laughing. "Well, isn't this a little too awkward?" I asked laughing awkwardly.

"Eh, yeah" He said and sighed. "Do you mind if I sit down?" He asked pointing at the ground underneath him.

"No, go ahead" So he did. He slid down the wall and crossed his legs just like I had done previously.

"Um.." He said trying to break the ice, but didn't succeed as we sat in front of each other in silence. I coughed and played with my hands.

"Do you uh- do you want a slice?" I asked him holding out the plate for him.

"Oh. Yeah, thanks. I'm actually starving, my room-mates went out for dinner and just came back so I didn't have time to have dinner" He explained as he carefully took a slice of cheese pizza in his hand trying not to drop it, and munched on it.

"So, are you okay with them being.. You know, gay?" I asked. He hummed and covered his mouth with the back of his hands.

"Yeah, they've been together for months now so I'm used to them being all cute and what not together" He explained. I laughed thinking of Matt and Danny being the same way.

"My friends are the same. They make me sick sometimes but I still love them" I took another slice of pizza and munched away. He choked a little and coughed before answering.

"What do you mean they make you sick? Are you against homosexuality or?" He asked with a worried expression on his face. I had to laugh at that because I thought it was quite obvious that I swung that way as well.

"No, no! I'm gay too" I laughed and shushed him.

"Oh God, what is this? A building full of gay boys or?" He face-palmed himself and laughed lightly.

"You're gay too?" I asked with my eyes as wide as my mouth. He nodded and covered his face.

"Is this fate or something? Our room-mates are fucking and we're sitting here with each other. Oh, wait, unless you have a boyfriend" I felt so stupid for even speaking.

"It might be, who knows" He chuckled and shook his head. "And don't worry, I don't have a boyfriend" His cheeks turned red and he looked away. We sat in a very uncomfortable silence after that, and didn't talk for a least 5 minutes. I offered him more pizza, and he only nodded and thanked me after taking more slices off the plate.

"Uh, so. Do you want to go for coffee somewhere? I'm getting kinda cold sitting here doing nothing and I could really do some warm coffee right now" He suggested getting up and dusting his trousers.

"Decaf though?" I asked held my hand out asking for help. He took my hand and helped me up.

"Decaf" He agreed and we started walking out of the building.

"Is this a date?" I asked as we walked into the cold winter breeze.

"If you want it to be" He shrugged his shoulders but smiled at the same time. His cheeks and nose were still pinkish, but not of embarrassment this time but because it was freezing cold outside. It was kind of cute.

"I guess I should do this then" I said and laced our fingers together as we walked towards the nearest café. He smiled down at me and swung our hands back and forth like a child.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope the one who requested this likes it. YOU'RE WELCOME (If you do like it)