Status: Nano story.

The Night Shades.

Cāra

It was quiet, the snow fell softly to the ground slowly covering up the blood trail to the bodies. It was the men who went out to hunt, they were all dragged back I'm the middle of the night. Some hand bullet would from probably shooting each other and others had teeth a claw marks, but they were all dead. It wasn't just the dead men that the villagers were staring at, but the wolves who stood a few feet away from the dead bodies.

They were larger then any normal wolf I had ever seen, their eyes seemed to be more human then animal and their fur glistened in the early morning light. I could feel my mother's grip tighten on my arm,it was comforting in a way to know she truly cared for me. I have always thought of myself as the bastard child.

The largest of the wolves stepped forward, his lips curled into a dangerous snarl showing his sharp fangs. No one moved, not even as he got closer. Standing just over the bodies, licking his nose and snarling, shackles standing as if ready to attack.

"We told them not to." The tavorn owner spoke, his voice shaky. "They wouldn't listen, they were out for blood." My eyes moved from him and over to the Night Shade, a powerful creature capable of taking down a whole village.

"We will give you what ever you want," My mothers voice took my off guard, but the shove to ground in front of the large beast caught me by surprise. Oh gods, did she just toss me to the Shades!? my eyes widened as I slowly looked up from the spot i was in, vulnerable. "Take her, she is of no use." I felt the tears ready to spring from my eyes. Flora protect me.

Stand human.

The voice echoed in my brain, my brows furrowed but quickly and smoothly I stood to my feet. My dress covered in a white coating of snow, I couldn't even begin to process what I had just heard. Did it talk to me? Was I hearing things? Watching with a small shiver the Shade gave me a good once over and soon I was being nudged by smaller wolves towards the woods.

I couldn't have sworn I heard the cries of sorrow coming from the villagers, but when I looked back to them I could see my mother holding a smirk, a few villagers covering their eyes and the large night shade following slowly behind us as we walked. His hard blue eyes watching my every movement.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hmmm I don't know how I feel about this chapter.