Status: Nano story.

The Night Shades.

cinq

Warmth, furry warmth, my hands wrapped themselves into the furry warmth next to my body. I didn't know that I owned something that gave off furry warmth, but I didn't want it to go away. It was so soft, so comfortable and so...

My eyes opened, connnecting with a pair of soft brown eyes and a wolfs face. My hands still entangled in its fur and leg over its back as if it was an extra pillow, a soft whin came from its throat as I stared. When I didn't give a response it whinned again and touched its cold wet nose to my cheek, my body reacted.

I screamed, thrashed and shoved myself from the wolf landing on a hard wood surface. The wolf only held its head over the edge looking down at me as if I was a crazy person, but it wasn't long before the door to what ever room I was in flung open and something or someone stepped in.

"I told you-" Husky voice? Quickly moving from the twisted position that I was in, my head slowly rose over the edge of the bed to stare at the man who stood tall and...half naked. Smirking and raising my brows I took in the half naked man in front of me, the v-line he held along with the six pack and semi tan skin. A few scars littered his body along with a few interesting markings as well.

Neither of them had noticed that I was now staring but not so much listening to what the one sided conversation was about, oh no I was taking in Mr.husky from the village market...

The village market...my eyes widened. Oh gods, he's the man from the market. As if I had said this out loud his voice stopped and his blue eyes were now on me, his look hard and yet curious at the same time which made me sink below the edge of the bed to where he couldn't actually see me.

My eyes were shut tightly as I heard his boots slowly come around the side of the bed, the other wolf had left the room leaving us alone. I could feel my heart hammering my chest as he got closer, I could feel the heat emitting from his skin as he knelt down next to me and I could feel his warm large hand on my own, causing me to quickly pull away.

"Why would your own kind toss you off to us?" His voice was soft and caring causing me to open my eyes and look into his blue ones. Nibbling my bottom lip and trying to avoid eye contact, I looked behind him at a picture frame of a village.

"The same reason they broke the treaty, in hopes something would come from it." It pained me to speak those words, to admit that my own mother hated me. I heard him snort as if amused causing me to look back into his eyes, but this time they were different. Specs of black were now filling in with the blue color.

"Fools, they handed you over thinking they would gain more food and that we would kill you." He rose to his feet but I stayed planted on the floor. "We respect Flora and all of her creations, we would never kill unless we had to." Before I could react he pulled me to my feet, his eyes hard now. A mixture blue and black. "Don't give us a reason to kill you, after we have given you a new home."