Status: Nano story.

The Night Shades.

Sem'

My fingers tapped against the table, Tap, tap, tap, I wasn't doing it because of impatients but I was bored and I couldn't sleep. The moon was high in the sky, which must have meant it was midnight. Everything and everyone had died down for the night, no more howls, no more chatter and play. All the children must have been sleeping by now, something I wasn't used to.

In my village there would still be chatter from the men walking around, some sober and some very drunk.Yet here I sat, at the kitchen table staring out of the window bored and tired. I should have been asleep hours ago, dreaming of what my life would become.

"You're not sleeping?"

I couldn't help it, or even stop it for that matter but the scream flew from my mouth as I scooted out of the chair grabbed what ever was in reach. Which was an unlit candle, long and slim with the wax stem sticking out. Mr.Husky stood at the door way leaning on the frame with a smirk on his face, his eyes glowing in the candle light. Black and blue mixing together like a rain and snow storm meeting.

"I...couldn't sleep." My hand grip slowly loosened and I leaned over to place the candle back on the table, my eyes never leaving his. He didn't move and his smirk didn't falter, he just wants and against the door frame watching me.

"Are you not comfortable?" His brows creased as he asked me, was I not comfortable? No, I just wasn't used to it. Shifting in my spot I stared at my hands, I had washed up getting ready to sleep. But seeing as there was only one bed room I figured I would also wait up.

"No I'm fine, just...not used to the silence."

He stood from his leaning position and took two large steps closer, "I could have them sing for you." My eyes narrowed and in the distance I heard the soft melodic Aaroo. Then there was another, as if responding or singing along. I could feel my body relax as I listened to them sing, I always found s the songs of the wild fascinating.

"I'll take the couch, you can take my room." My eyes moved from the window, that I didnt realize I was staring out of, over to him. Before I could say anything, he had walked out of the kitchen, plopped on the couch and shut his eyes.