Status: Nano story.

The Night Shades.

Eight

My eyes were deceiving me, playing tricks on me as I stood next to Mr.Husky, he had woken me early this morning claiming that he needed to show me something. That it was important and I was a start to a new beginning, so here I stood in the Shades territory watching them. Taking in the entire scenario in front of me.

"But...how?" I could see my breath form into a small cloud from contacting the cold air. The chill flew through my body as we stood on the stone path, it was all different, all of it was new.

It was a court yard of sorts, a few small stores on the right side and two large buildings on the left. In the middle was a water fountain and in the distance were a few market stalls. Shades walked around as if it was normal, as if this was nothing to them. In the far left was a road that led out of the yard and into the land beyond.

"Your village," He let out a heavy sigh "They didn't follow our rules, they always crossed into the woods at night hoping to find something. We almost ate a few just for the Bell of it."

Slowly my head turned into his direction, he stood tall, his shoulders straight and hands in his pants pockets.

"Because they broke the treatie, we never expanded your living. We never shared our knowledge with you and let you expand, we left you in the dark." His feet shifted to where his body was now facing me, I could see the blue hues mixing with the black. Making it eerie and beautiful at the same time.

"Why me?" My voice was low as I spoke, my eyes staring at the ground watching the ants crawl around looking for food. My hands touched my dress and slowly entwined with the fabric, a smirk came to my lips and I could feel my heart to pick up speed.

My lips start to move just as he started to explain "I want those pants, well a pair of my own. I want to be able to dress how I want, I'm sick of these garments." My hands pulled at the fabric as I stared at him, his lips curled into a smile.

"My name is Damien."
♠ ♠ ♠
So basically people have been sneaking into the woods with out anyone knowing, the rest of the world or parts of it has grown while they were in the dark.