Chasing Stars

Chapter 7

By the time I went up to my room my head was throbbing and I opened my window for air. After about a half an hour, Gerard came.

"I'm sorry I upset you tonight Rylynn," he said sitting on my bed. I was sitting in my desk chair looking out of the window.

"Yeah I know," I said still looking outside.

"You should probably shut that, it's getting cold," indicating the window.

"Gerard," I said turning my attention to him, "I'm from New Jersey, this is warm there. You of all people should understand that." He nodded.

"You miss it?" I shock my head. I missed my friends and day to day routine but I did not miss walking around thinking of my mom every minute of every day. I didn't miss the fact that there is no where I could go and not see her face. I swallowed, deciding not to answer him. He didn't need to know. "I missed it when I first left. It's all right to," he added after my silence.

"I just miss seeing the sunrise over the bay." I looked out of the window again.

"Try to get some sleep and please shut that before you go to bed, okay?" Gerard said rising from the bed. I nodded and he exited.

After I was sure he was in his room and asleep, I climbed out of the window and sat on the roof. Sitting there I watched the sky so bright it reminded me of everything my home was not. A car pulled up and Jeremy got out and just stood next to it. I decided to climb down and walk over to him. I had almost forgotten we were meeting.

"How was sushi?" He asked opening the door for me.

"Not good," I said with a tired voice and climbed in. He began to drive as we sat in silence for almost an hour. I just watched the trees go by. I felt like I was no where in particular. It was nice, giving the illusion of all the weight I had been carrying around all day just leaving me. I found the button that controlled the window and rolled it down. I got a sideways glance from him at first.

"Ever wish you could fly?" I asked undoing my seatbelt.

"No can't say that I have," he said as he turned the music up for me and I sat on the window of the car with my body outside of the car, screaming as loud as I could. He speed up the car until he pulled off to a parking lot.

I slid back in to be greeted with a smile. "Woow I haven't done that in forever."

"Is this what you and your friends used to do?" Jeremy asked with a laugh.

"Yeah when we had bad days we would go driving around and do these things."

"I thought you said you didn't have a permit." I shrugged and opened the door.

"I never said it was legal," I said with a half smile. Jeremy jumped out as well and walked up my side. We were at a beach. There were rock ledges to the right. "So what are we doing?"

"The guys are up there, sorry we have to climb the rest of the way."

"I'm not a delicate flower," I said with a smile to then receive a pounding headache. Jeremy reached for my hand, my vision got slightly blurry but I ignored it and took his hand. By the time we got there, I was out of breath. I waved hello to Sarah, Devon and Shelby.

"I didn't think you'd be here girly," shelby said giving me a hug.

"Well I was rescued," I said with a smile to Jeremy.

"I don't know with the ride here I don't think you needed saving," Jeremy said releasing my hand. Devon gave us a questioning look.

"It's not my fault you California kids don't know how to have fun," I said with a smirk grabbing the cigarette out of Jeremy's hand and taking a hit. Devon sat back down along with everyone else and began to smoke. Next thing I know, Devon is playing the guitar and I was so stoned I started dancing.

"Woow! Go girl!" Sarah shouted at me.

"And I started to hear it again but this time it wasn't the end and the room is so quiet, oh oh oh oh and my heart is a hollow plain for the devil to dance again and the room is too quiet, oh oh oh oh I was looking for the breath of a life a little touch of a heavenly light but all the choirs in my head sang, no oh oh oh," I sang along with the guitar.

"Where did you come up with that?" Devon asked after I was done. I shrugged and walked away from the circle. My head began to hurt again and my vision was painful. Jeremy followed me to the edge of the cliff we where sitting on and put his arm around my shoulder. My smile fell as I looked over the body of water we where near. It was extremely dark this far out in the middle of nowhere. For a moment I thought of New Jersey.

"I'm not okay," I said looking into Jeremy's eyes.

"I know," was all he had to say but it was enough. I felt tears begin to fall.

"I like to keep things to myself," I said as he nodded and whipped my tears.

"I know, I can tell that. I brought you here to show you, weather it be here in the middle of no where or in your head. It's the same, it's always darkest and slightly terrifying but then the dawn comes and things, things feel alright. But there is always a dawn, you just have to wait." He turned me toward the water. Unlike in Jersey the sun didn't rise but instead you could feel the rays start to come from behind you and heat your skin up. The kiss of light was enough to erupt all of my hidden emotions I had been pushing away.

"Do you trust me?" I asked Jeremy.

"Yes," he said locking our fingers. I lead us to to edge of the cliff we were standing on. I could heard the warnings from behind but I didn't care. Right before the light hit the water, we jumped. Flying through the air was like all the air around was pulling away every thought I could have possibly had. It was over before I could think. The cold cool water ripped through my skin and somehow it rooted me. The ground came to my feet and I pushed up toward the surface.

Jeremy's hair was soaked and clinging to his face. But he had the largest grin on his face. I felt him pull me close and guide us to the shore. He was laughing slightly and we could hear everyone shouting from the top. I smiled and allowed him to lead me to the shore and pull me out.

"Thanks, I needed that," I said still smiling.

"I honestly can't believe that just happened. You're soaked," he said grabbing a piece of my wet hair. I heard hurried footsteps behind us as our three friends appeared.

"Are you guys fucking nuts?" Sarah screamed.

"Are you two still alive?" Devon inquired.

"Yeah, we're all good just needed a wash," Jeremy said with a smile. We both laughed and everyone gave us a crazy look.

"Okay, I'm leaving before someone dies," Sarah said, "Come on Shelby." Shelby waved and rolled her eyes walking to the other car with Sarah.

"Yeah, you two better go, I know I still need to sneak back in. Have fun explaining that one to your parents," Devon said turning and walking after the girls. I rolled my eyes.

"Come on, let's get you home," Jeremy said pulling me from the ground. I followed still laughing about the cliff dive. The ride seemed short back to my house as Jeremy and I sang ridiculously loud and laughed our asses off at how bad we made everything sound. We pulled up to my house and Jeremy opened the door. I gave him a big wet hug.

"Thanks for breaking me out," I said as I pulled away.

"Oh course any time, although I'm a bit concerned with you being soaked and trying to seek in."

"I've done worse," I said as I turned to walk up to my house. As I got to the door, I heard Jeremy pull away. This wasn't my house and reality was beginning to sink in. My mom was still dead, I was losing my mind and I was living with my biological father and his family. Just when I thought things couldn't get worse, I realized the door wasn't locked.
♠ ♠ ♠
Let me know what you guys think.

Comment/Subscribe/Recommend

~Nailsntacks