‹ Prequel: Through Her Eyes
Status: Complete (Editing)

Thick Smoke

Witness

When she walked out of there, she was done. Eliza was tired and her legs were trembling. She just killed a spider empty handed. Merlin she was going insane!

“Hey, Molley! Have you seen the new merchandise?” Malfoy chuckled smugly, pointing at something on his robe.

Eliza wasn't really interested in what he was talking about but the badge was quite eye catching with the message POTTER STINKS. She rolled her eyes and turned her back to him.

“Hey! I’m talking to you!”

He grabbed her shoulder and turned her towards him. Her hands immediately rose to protect herself. When she realized what she did, she quickly put them behind her.

What if the spell was still there, ready to kill someone else?

“I just killed a spider,” She mumbled, moving her head to the side.

“Aw! Little Molley killed a spidey? How awful~” He snickered, turning to his fatty friend and making more commentaries. 

The moment was not good and Malfoy was seriously pissing her off. 

“Shut up!” She snapped, glaring at him (at his mouth, precisely).

Suddenly, his lips pulled themselves together like he ate a magic lemon. Malfoy couldn't speak anymore.

Eliza’s eyes widened and looked around for witnesses -no one was there except his fatty friend, whatever his name was.

“D-Draco! Your mouth!”

Malfoy and his friend panicked but not as much as Eliza. She was horrified because she just did it again. She used magic unconsciously without muttering a word.

“Sorry!”

She tried to do something, anything but she was so stressed and drained that, while moving her hands in front of him trying to break the spell, the fatty’s face started to resemble a pig. 

Seeing that she was only making it worse, she gave a last apology before sprinting out of there.

Image

The next few days passed even faster than before. With how much work she had to do because of professor Flitwick, Eliza spent most of her time in the library. She saw Harry and Hermione go around, searching for something while Krum was trying to hide in there (it wasn't working at all). She was already half done when she noticed someone sit across her. Those sparkling eyes of Cedric Diggory where incredibly uncomfortable.

"I'm sorry I said that to you. It's not your fault that Harry Potter got his name in the Goblet-" He stopped when he realized he wasn't really softening the tension at all. "No matter what happened- you know what I'm trying to say." 

She looked up and sighed, "I wasn't really mad at you. I was stressed and jealous. I would have liked to be in Harry's spot and compete, just like anyone else."

Silence fell over after she spoke. Seeing how he wasn't saying anything else, she went back to writing.

Suddenly,she heard him whisper, "It seems the first task is dragons. Harry's good sports and told me. I don't know if that's the true but-" He stopped and looked down at her parchment.

"I know that," She mumbled, her eyes still focused on her homework, "Not about the dragons but about Harry." Eliza explained when she saw his eyes widen.

With that said, Cedric nodded and walked away. Eliza sighed and put her head on the desk, even more tired than before. 

Image

The big day of the first task arrived very fast and everyone was delighted. The classes passed even faster and she completely lost sense of what the professors were saying.

Eliza walked with Neville towards the arena and sat next to Hermione who looked like she was going to faint any minute now.

“Hey,” Ron started, awkwardly standing between her and Hermione, looking at everything except the person he was talking to.

Hermione scoffed and nudged him for something more.

“It’s rather chilly isn’t it?” He continued, going from bad to worst.

Eliza tilted her head to the side and looked at Hermione who was rolling her eyes at her ginger friend. The brunette smiled when she realized where that was supposed to go and grabbed Ron’s face between her hands, forcing him to look straight into her eyes. Unlike whatever the rest were expecting, she just slapped his cheeks encouragingly, more or less showing him that she wasn’t mad at him.

“Let’s see how Harry passes the first task, shall we?” She started, smiling widely before turning towards the field.

Image

“Harry Potter, the winner of Gryffindor! Whoo!”

The whole Gryffindor house was elated with Harry passing the first task and taking the egg from the dragon. Eliza was proud of him too and quickly grabbed a few sweets to eat, sneaking some into her dormitory as well for later use.

However, once they opened the egg, the sound it was emanating was of high frequency and it was burning their ears off. He closed it back and the crowd started to pitch in with ideas of what the next task would be. 

It was nice, having Ron and Harry reunited. It was only normal, they have been friends for a long time and went through some wicked stuff together.

Image

Eliza was acting normal again but Malfoy wasn’t. He wasn’t mad at her for hexing him but was curious how she did it, because he hadn’t seen a wand. 

The brunette caught him glancing at her more than once during the next few lunches and he was being quite obvious about it.

That was the sole reason she pulled him aside one morning. He was just walking out of the Great Hall all alone. It gave her opportunity and she wasn’t one to deny opportunities to mess with Slytherins.

“Everyone can see you staring at me and they can get ideas that neither of us want to deal with.” She hissed, her eyes squinting like she was a cat.

“What if I go tell McGonagall that you hexed me? Will you tell her that too?” He taunted.

“And how exactly did I hex you? I wasn’t in the possession of a wand, if I remember correctly.” She snapped, her eyes darkening considerably.

The blonde smirked and leaned in, “I know. That’s exactly what I’m wondering about.”

She was fuming, he could see that through the way her eyebrows furrowed and her breathing became heavier. It was rather satisfying for the blond to make her look like she was going to explode.

“Maybe I should tell a professor about it. Snape, McGonagall or even Dumbledore would be happy to be informed.” He whispered, accentuating every name just to piss her off.

“Go on,” She responded, one eyebrow rising smugly.

From what she could remember, the staff at Hogwarts knew she was the daughter of Sirius Black and Ophelia Molley. It wouldn't make any difference.

“What about my father then?”

Well, that was different. Lucius Malfoy was quite a wicked character in the story, together with Regulus and Snape. 

“Scared, Molley?” He chuckled, noticing that she wasn’t scared but was definitely not content either. “Should I tell my father that a certain transferred student did magic without a wand?” He slurred.

“Yes,” She surprised him, “Tell him that another Molley came to Hogwarts and she can’t wait to meet him. Tell him that."

For the second time in three months, Draco’s eyes watched the retreating figure of a girl who only had questions but never answers. His curiosity was only increasing every time they were talking and it was just the second time. He could only wander what was next.

Image

Dear dad,

Harry passed the first task, quite flashy if you ask me. His next task is after Christmas which gives him enough time to figure out the clue. 

On another page, I had the pleasure to meet Alastor Moody, who seems a bit off. He gave me Ophelia's diary but inside are only spells and potions' notes. I have to say those are what keep me afloat in front of Snape but he'll definitely catch on.

Doing magic without a wand became a problem. After an interesting personal lesson with Moody, it feels like my hands are twitching all the time. 

I don't know what to do...

E.B


Happy with the sound of her letter, she gave it to Hedwig –trusty and beautiful owl- assured that he wasn’t going to send it to anyone else but Sirius Black. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Draco saw her do magic without a wand, now what? Will he ask his father about it and endager her or not? So many decisions and secrets!

Thank you to everyone who reads, comments and subscribes. It makes my morning better, especially when you comment. I'm curious where do you think this is going~