‹ Prequel: Vodka and Lemonade
Sequel: Rum and Coke
Status: Completed

Gin and Juice

Thirteen

Confused as to why my cell was buzzing, I pulled it out to see that I had gotten a text message.

Row buddy! It’s so weird that you’re right there, just a few seats down. Are you ready to dance? =D M. Shadows

And you used to call me weird. And, yea, I’m ready to dance! Are the guys ok with it?

they couldn’t be more stoked.

I looked over and raised my eyebrow at him.

Well, Syn isn’t, but he lost the vote

when is the performance?

we’re getting ready at the next intermission. Is Kale ready?

I looked over at my best friend and colleague. “Matt wants to know if you’re ready.”

He looked at me strangely before I waved my phone in front of his face. “Danielle Nicole Paterson, did no one ever tell you that’s it’s not polite to text people at a banquet?!”

“Guess my parents missed that memo when they were out getting drunk and high every night.” I shot back.

“Sorry, D. Tell him that I’m good to go.”

He’s good. See you at intermission.

I waved Kale’s sympathetic look off and went back to focusing on Justin Timberlake welcome Rhianna to the stage for a performance.

beautiful women like you shouldn’t cry. Get ready, we’re about to leave.

“Damn, I wish I could move like that,” I whispered to Kale, motioning to the performer on stage. It was my way of telling him that everything was okay.

He snorted. “Please, you have way more technique than she could ever hope for. What did Matt want?”

“As soon as this is over, we’re going backstage.”

“Can you dance in that dress?”

“What kind of question is that? It’s a cocktail dress for Pete’s sake! Kale, I’m ashamed of you!” I chastised him quietly.

“You know, I’m seriously re-thinking our friendship. I’m always getting chastised and beat up.”

I shrugged. “Not my fault that you’re such a jack-ass. Let’s go.”

“I highly doubt that this stage is big enough for us to dance on with the guys playing,” I told Kale as I was walking the stage. I had already taken off my shoes, warmed up, and applied more makeup to my face.

He shrugged. “We can deal .”

I hit him square in the chest. “I am not modifying my dance anymore than I have done.”

“Again with the abuse!” He rubbed his chest where I had smacked him and looked over at the guys. “Can you all get into place so Princess Conniption Fit does blow a fuse?”

They agreed.

“There you go. Dance away.”

I glared at him before starting the choreography from where I met Kale. For the lifts, I would twirl in place since I was dancing alone. I got to the end of the stage and came back toward the center of the stage. “Ok, so if we take ¾ strides, then it can fit. Kale, do you see where we end up?”

“Down stage center. That’s perfect.”

I looked back at the guys. “As long as you stay 10 feet from the edge and completely off the apron, you’ll be fine. However, if you’re feeling adventurous, just be aware of where Kale and I are on the stage. It’s really hard to quickly change where we’re tracking. Also note that the intro dance will be nothing like the video. It will be very impromptu and I will be messing with you guys then, as well as later in the song when I’m not dancing with Kale...this includes you, Sullivan.”

Zacky, Matt, and Johnny ”saluted” me. “Have no fear, Danni California, we don’t want to die.”

I lightly punched Zacky after he made that comment. “We’ve been through this before, Zachary. Don’t call me that name.”

“Aweh, but it was all in good fun!” he pouted.

Gena came up and looked in between us. Somewhat figuring what was going on, she smacked him on the back of the head. “Grow up, Baker. She didn’t like being called that seven years ago, so I highly doubt she would like being called that now.”

Zacky rubbed the back of his head. “What is with women and abusing us poor guys?”

Scoffing, Gena turned to everyone else. “Get to your places. Intermission is almost over.”

“Give him Hell,” Kale whispered to me before we parted.

I gave him a smirk that said “I plan on it.” This was going to be so much fun! I skipped over to where Gena and the other girlfriends were. “Hey, girls. Listen, I’m going to be doing a totally impromptu number involving the guys for the intro and Haner’s solo. So, heads up because I will be messing with all of them, but know that I mean nothing by it. Got it?”

Everyone but Michelle shrugged in agreement. Michelle gave me an incredulous look and opened her mouth in protest before quickly shutting it and looking away cowardly. I scoffed under my breath. Fucking coward

Smirking, I went to one of the back wings of the stage. I planned on pretty much on messing with Jimmy first before proceeding on to the rest of the band. The opening riff came on and I sauntered my way onto the stage, making Jimmy jump in surprise at the abrasive moves that I was putting on him. Smirking manically, I went over to Brian.

I flit around him. “You’re a fucking bastard and I never loved you,” I seethed before grinding up on him once and walking away after I heard him groan. Smirking evilly, I went up to Matt and quietly asked him to be a wall while I braced myself against him and did a high kick. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see the look of utter frustration dawn on that bastard’s face. It was priceless. Growing bored of the guys and knowing that the lyrics were about to start, I went up to Brian and did the routine.

“Fucking tease,” he said under his breath while catching my hip.

“I have no idea what you’re talking about.” I replied, twirling and taking the lead like I was supposed to.

He smirked. “You’re going to have a lot of angry parents and fans after your hide.” He stepped forward and lifted me.

“I’m also going to have a lot of horny guys jacking off to this tape tonight. We can throw in a few lesbians, too…hey, that’s my cue. See you in a bit.” I decided to fuck around with Johnny a bit, seeing as how he was closer to me and the fact that I hadn’t played with him yet. He was completely boring and wouldn’t give anything away, so I sauntered back over to Matt and Zacky just to see if I could kill two birds with one stone. Going by the look of shock on Brian’s face, I think I just nailed three birds.

Kale came over to me to “reprimand me” and be “the jealous boyfriend” as we had discussed that we should do earlier. Smirking and walking away to give Brian a better taste of hell, Kale grabbed my wrists in dramatic choreography. I pulled against him before getting free and twirling to face him. I seductively draped my arms over his shoulder and made him walk backwards. He grabbed my wrists and twirled me around again so that my back was to him. I pushed up against him and did a few tango steps before breaking free and “pushing him” back.

Brian launched into his solo. It was now or never. I went to the front of the stage and did a few moves as if to say "they're boring, look at me!" to get the audience's attention. Lost in his music, Brian didn’t realize I was going to him until it was too late. He tensed when he noticed me behind his back, but kept on playing flawlessly. I could feel everyone’s eyes on me as I twirled around to his front.

“Not here, Danni. You’ve had your fun, now leave,” he ground out, fingers dancing across the fret board with lightning speed and accuracy.

I pressed myself against his side. “Just like you had your fun with me? Face it, Haner, I still hold the record for making you hard. That bitch can’t give you what I gave to you.” Our lips were so close to each other.

Matt quickly grabbed me and went back to singing the verses. He gave me a hard look before spinning me over to Kale, where I stayed until the end. I smiled as the crowd gasped at my lift and Kale’s catch…which we moved to the very end.

Kale brought me up to a standing position before he drug me off the stage.

“What was that for? You told me to have fun!”

“I didn’t mean for you to go that far! Goddammit, Danni! I thought you knew better! He has a girlfriend!”

“I wasn’t going to kiss him!”

He shook his head. “It’s not right.” He walked up to me and grabbed my shoulders.

"He' fucked my best friend!"

“I know that he royally fucked you over, but that was seven years ago. Let it go, you’ve had your fun.”

“I can’t.”

“And why not?”

I shut my eyes and pushed him away. “Because, I just can’t. Apologize to the guys, will you? I’m going to go back to our seats and become invisible.” I replied softly, shouldering past him.

“You still love him, don’t you?”

I stopped mid-stride and looked over my shoulder at him. His smug smile said it all. Shaking my head, I looked forward and continued my march to the upper house seating. At the moment, all I wanted to do was become like Hollowman- never to be seen again. That would actually be perfect for me right now.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is what Danni's dress looks like. Just imagine taller heels.

So, did I give you enough drama? And be lucky that this is really long. I was about to split it up, but decided against it. 2 comments till the next update!