‹ Prequel: Vodka and Lemonade
Sequel: Rum and Coke
Status: Completed

Gin and Juice

Seventeen

“Yes, Tina?”

“There’s a man out here for you. I think he wants a choreographer.”

I rolled my eyes. Of course he wants a choreographer, why else would he call a dance company? Stupid, arrogant twit. “Did he give you a name?”

“No ma’am.”

Shrugging aside her hesitant tone, I quickly told her to send him through. Lazily standing up and wiping a hand across my brow, I grabbed a notepad from Kale’s desk and a blank contract from the file cabinet. Sometimes, being high on the totem pole is a bad thing. I hated dealing with new clients and paperwork.

“Ms. Paterson?”

I looked up from my desk, my eyes growing wide. Gulping quickly, I nodded toward the chair in front of me. “Mr. Haner, it’s been awhile. What can I do for you?”

He quickly sat down in front of me. “Let me take you out to lunch.”

“Sir, I don’t that will be in the best interest of wither of us. Now, if you’ll please state your reason from being here.”

“I’d rather discuss it at lunch.”

Rolling my eyes, I checked my computer and ignored him. It was now just 11:30

“Danni, I’m sorry. Please come to lunch with me…as a friend so we can discuss things as civilized human beings.”

I snorted. “There’s nothing civilized about you. Besides, I have an appointment with Mariah Carey at 2:30.”

His face contorted in disgust before he relaxed his muscles. “Then I’ll be sure to have you back before 2. I promise.”

“Fine,” I caved. “Let me just write a quick note to Kale so he doesn’t have a heart attack.” I quickly scribbled my message on a hot pink sticky note and stuck it on his monitor. No matter how blind the man may be, he can’t not see this. I grabbed my purse and stood up. “After you, Mr. Haner.”

“So, this is nice,” Brian started as we sat down in a little Ma & Pa café on the outskirts of town.

“Mmhmm,” I replied, looking at the menu.

“Must you make everything so awkward?”

My jaw dropped. “You’re the one who asked me out on this endeavor!” Heads turned in our direction.

“You’re the one who accepted the invitation,” he said quietly back, not wanting to cause a scene.

“What can I get for you to drink, Dearies?” a middle-aged waitress asked.

“I’ll take a lemon water and a BLT, please.” I ordered politely.

Brian looked at me in shock before ordering a Coke and cheeseburger. “What the hell?”

I raised my eyebrow at him. “What are you talking about?”

“You! You go from highly annoyed to sweet in less than two seconds!”

“She didn’t do anything to me! Why would I be mean to her? That’s just bad business.”

“You confuse the hell out of me.”

I shrugged and leaned back in my chair. “You should be used to it by now.”

“Here are your drinks. Your food should be out shortly,” the waitress said, setting our drinks down. “Is there anything else I can get you two?”

“No, thanks, we’re fine,” Brian smiled before she walked away.

I grabbed my drink agitatedly and began to chug it.

“What the hell is your problem now? Dear God, you’re moody today.”

“What if I wanted something else?”

“Did you?”

“That’s not the point! I hated it when you spoke for me when we were dating, and guess what? I still do.”

“Must you pick a fight over everything?”

“Must you constantly do things that you know annoy me?” I shot back as our lunch was placed in front of us. I muttered a quick thank you.

“You know you love it. You love everything about me.”

“I hate everything about you.”

“But you still love me.”

“That was the corniest thing ever. Using Three Days Grace lyrics against me. Now eat.”

Once we finished our food, he checked his watch for what felt like the millionth time since we sat down.

“What are you doing?”

He looked up at me and smiled. “I want to show you something.” He slapped down a few bills on the table and dragged me out of the restaurant. He pushed me lightly into his truck and sped off to Santa Monica. I tensed up, nervous about what I was about to see. He turned onto the PCH, letting me see the ocean for miles. After driving a few miles, he pulled into an unfamiliar driveway.

“Brian, what is this?” I asked as I got out of the car.

“This… this was going to be our home. I bought it right before we split and I never got up the courage to sell it. It’s yours now, do you want to see the inside?” Not waiting for my reaction, he gently pulled me through the front door. He showed me around the quaint little house. It was small- three bedrooms, two baths.

“Brian, I can’t accept this.”

“Of course you can. You’re miserable in that tiny expensive one bedroom apartment you share with Kale. Here, you’ll have your own space, and you don’t have to put half your salary towards paying rent.”

I turned around to face him. “Why are you doing this?”

“You need a bigger place.”

“The truth this time: why are you doing this?”

“We’re touring for six months, and I need to know that you’re safe. These past seven years have killed me. I wish that I could just go back in time. Then I wouldn’t have gotten so messed up and fucked her.”

I turned back around and looked into the master bedroom. It was absolutely perfect. I wiped away a quick tear, not believing that this was happening to me. Brian stepped closer to me, wrapping his arms around me in a comforting hug.

“Just take it. Please. I need to know that this house is someone’s home since it can’t be mine,” He said softly.

“When are you leaving?”

“In two weeks.”

I nodded my head and turned around in his arms. Not really knowing what I was doing- what I was feeling- I wrapped my arms around his neck and gave him a secretive smile. “Well then, we better make it count.” Before he could react, I reached up and kissed him. He reached up with one hand to cup my face while the other pressed me further into him.

“Are you sure about this?” He asked.

I smiled. “Am I ever sure about anything?” I asked before connecting our lips again, not caring if this was a good or a bad decision.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, so this chapter may change in the future, but right now I'm tired...and I absolutely hate making these 1am (eastern) updates, but, if you hadn't noticed, I'm incredibly lazy. Another reason for this being so late is because I got a lot of inspiration for writing another story (which will be up sometime in the near future).

Thoughts and comments?