‹ Prequel: Vodka and Lemonade
Sequel: Rum and Coke
Status: Completed

Gin and Juice

Three

Danni’s POV

After I threw my water bottle back near my bag, I walked up to Brian. “Do you remember what I taught you?” I asked quietly.

“Most of it.” He responded at the same volume.

“Good, because it’s basically the same routine.” I inclined my head and stepped back a step. “ok, I’m going to spin around you, when I get to your right hip, wrap your hand around my hip, grab my hand, and let me lead. We’ll do the first sequence and stop before moving on.” I said in a louder, more confident voice. “5-6-5-6-7-8.” I counted before spinning around him. He grabbed my waist with expert precision. Hiding my shock, I continued on, trying to figure out how much he remembered. He did everything until the big lift.

We stood there, our faces inches apart for what seemed like forever. Then he quickly backed away. “I don’t know this part.” He admitted.

“That’s fine. This is the awkward part that I somewhat showed you earlier,” Kale stepped in. I walked over and stood in front of him. I was in the exact same position as I was before. “This is the part that’s more sensual than sexual.” Kale described. Brian paid close attention. “What you want to do, is lightly graze her thigh with your fingers…or you can hover them right over her skin,” he demonstrated, doing both ways. “Grab under her thigh, right here. She’ll help you by doing a fan kick.” I did. “Then let your hand slide to underneath her knee. Remember to keep your left hand firmly on her hip at all times. Now, she’s going to help you lift her by pushing off with her left foot. Be prepared for this.” I did, and let my body fall, keeping my hips up as Kale held me above his head. “As you can see, she’s going to drape her body over your head. Keep your elbows bent because then, you’re going to pop her up like so” I went into the air “and catch her like this.” My face was merely inches from the ground. The only thing holding me up was Kale’s grasp on my right hand and right leg at the knee joint. “Be sure to catch her, or else she’s doing a face plant on the floor.”

I caught some of the other dancers’ eyes. Nothing but jealousy emanated from them. If they only knew the full situation… but I highly doubt they would have pity in their eyes if they knew. Dancing is a cut-throat business. One bad review or a bad fall can put you out of work in an instant.

“Now, it’s the tricky part. Lift her up by the arm, and let her feet glide to the ground.” He did so. I quickly went through the last few steps with Kale and ended. “Do you have it?”

Brian nodded. “Yea, I got it.”

Kale nodded and beckoned me to take my spot. “Dancers, do a quick warm up. We have just enough time to do the lift, let Danni and Brian go through it once, then do it all together one time before Mark gets here.” He barked to them. Then he turned to us. “When you’re ready.”

Brian re-situated himself behind me, so that we were closer than before. “I always knew you were a slut,” he whispered huskily into my ear. Before I knew it, he had already swung me into the air, popped me, and caught me. He brought me back up. “But you’re my favorite one.” he whispered as we ran through the last few moves.

I stared into his green eyes. “Mr. Haner, let’s try to be professional about this.” I whispered, terrified that anyone should find out my secret.

“Fine then. Right after we’re done in here. Meet me by the servant’s stairwell to the kitchen. No one will see or hear us there.” I could barely hear what he was saying, it was so low.
I nodded my head subtly before stepping away. “Let’s put it together and do a quick run-through with the others. I’ll do my intro so you know when to come in.”

After taking a deep breath, I went about my solo as if it were just another day. When I danced with Brian, I didn’t notice that we were dancing closer than we were before. Bodies pushed against each other, I couldn’t believe that he wasn’t a professional- he was that good. Everything went together flawlessly and I was a little glad that he didn’t take the safe way in doing the moves.

As soon as we ended, I split from him, chugged some of my water, and took my place among the other dancers. This is what I loved about being a choreographer- seeing everything come together. Brian looked a little lost at first, but he quickly got into it and started doing some fancy footwork and hand motions.

“That was perfect, guys!” Kale gushed. “Do what you just did in front of Mark and you can go to makeup and wardrobe.” Grinning, he came up to Brian and I. “Danni, beautiful as always. And, Brian, how long ago was it that you danced?

Brian looked down at me. “About seven years.”

“Well, it didn’t look like it. If you weren’t already a professional musician, I would have forced you into dancing. You must be a natural.”

He smirked. “I had a good teacher.”

Mark came over two minutes later and we performed the routine.

“Good. Keep it. I want all of you here by 8AM sharp for hair and makeup. You should be ready to dance at a moment’s notice. Danielle, Brian, follow me. The rest of you can leave.”

Brian walked by Mark’s side while I scrambled to keep up.

“Wait, Mark, I thought we were going to shoot the routine tonight.”

“No, we’re not. It takes too much time breaking down and setting up the equipment. The dance scene will be shot right before the guys’ performance. Trust me, doll, it’s easier this way.”

I clenched my fist and grit my teeth. Brian chuckled at my expression.

“Don’t worry, Danni, you get to kill one of us before the night’s over.” He chuckled at me.

“Brian Elwin Haner, Jr. it will be my sincere pleasure when I kill you.”

“Oh, you two know each other?” Mark asked.

“We were neighbors growing up.” I covered. I didn’t want anyone to know about Brian and my romantic past. No, that was going to stay in between us if I could help it.

“Oh, ok. Well, you’re going to walk up to Zacky, charm him, and slip him this sugar pill.” Mark said, handing me a small, candy-coated disk.

I inwardly groaned. Apparently, no one out there loved me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Bloodravyn for commenting! Well, hope you guys like this one! please, comment.