Till Death Do Us Part

Last Night at Hogwarts

"Can you believe it?" Clara said with excitement. "We are finally graduating from Hogwarts!"

"Surprised you made it this far." Fred said smirking.

"Very funny Fred. You're just jealous because I'm smarter than you and you know it Weasley." Clara proclaimed as she sat down beside Fred on the couch. Fred just chuckled and the two became silent. They both watch the fire that was burning in the fire place in the Gryffindor common room. Clara, being the adventurous witch that she was stood up and stood in front of Fred.

"How about we go for a walk?" She said.

"Now?" Asked Fred.

"Yeah, oh come on Weasley, lets have one more night of random adventure at Hogwarts. Who knows when we will be able to do it again." She said. Fred stared at Clara. He really didn't want to go but the look Clara was giving him at that moment, he just couldn't tell her no. He sighed and stood up.

"Fine, lets go. But if you get me in trouble on our last night, we are no longer friends." He said.

"Since when have you been afraid of getting into trouble?" Clara said throwing on her sweater. Fred paused for a moment and chuckled.

"Good point." He said smiling. Clara laughed and the two walked out quietly and made there way towards the astronomy tower.

"Fred, slow down." Clara whispered. Fred turned and grabbed her hand.

"Learn to keep up Roberts." He whispered back. As they rounded a corner they spotted Professor Snape making his way down the hall in the opposite direction. Fred rushed Clara back around the corner against the wall. She started to laugh uncontrollably.

"Clara, shut it. Snape is going to hear you." He said in a hushed panic. But Clara kept laughing.

"I'm sorry." She said. "But the look on your face."

"Yes, the look on your face is very entertaining." Said a voice from beside them. It was Snape.

"Good evening Professor. Uh...we were uh..just..uh...." Clara was at a loss for words. She didn't know what else to do except run. She took off down the hall. Fred was right behind her.

"Weasley! Roberts! You two come back here!" Snape shouted after them. Both Clara and Fred laughed as they darted through the castle. They finally were able to stop and rest for a moment.

"I think we lost him." Said Fred breathing heavily.

"What should we do? He can't be far behind." Clara said through breaths. They both thought for a moment.

"What about The Room of Requirement? Snapes to thick to check there." Fred said.

"Yes! Brilliant Fred." Clara said. "But how do we get in?"

"Leave that to me." Fred said. He led Clara to one of the corridor walls and stood in front of it. He took a deep breath and closed his eyes. He was concentrating on a thought. Suddenly, a door began to appear. Fred opened his eyes and smiled. He opened the door and they walked inside. It was a big room with a few torches lining the walls for light and a couch in the middle of the room. Clara heard about the room but never stepped foot in it until now. The door vanished behind them until all that was left was an ordinary brick wall.

"We are going to be able to get out of here right?" Clara asked.

"Oh sure, we can just relax in here until old Snape decides to give up looking for us." He said sitting down on the couch. He patted the seat next to him. Clara smiled and took a seat next to him. They were both silent for a few minutes until Clara spoke.

"Can I ask you something Fred?" She asked.

"Yeah, of course." He said sort of turning towards Clara.

"Are you afraid to leave Hogwarts? You know because of You-Know-Who being back and all." She said with a low voice.

"Kind of. Are you?" He asked.

"To be honest, I'm terrified." She said looking down. "I mean at least here I know I'm safe. But out there...anything can happen."

"Don't worry Clara. You'll be fine. You are a brilliant witch, I feel sorry for the death eater who messes with you." He said trying to cheer her up. He has never seen this side of Clara before. For Clara to have a vulnerable and open side to her was not like her. He could tell she was truly worried.

"I'm being serious Fred. I don't know if I can handle it out there." She said her eyes starting to tear up. Fred scooted closer to her and placed two fingers under her chin bringing her head up. Her eyes meeting his gaze.

"I am too Clara. You are one if not the smartest person I know. You can handle your own out there. And you will always have me to be there for you." He said.

"You promise?" She said staring into his brown eyes. The light from the torches gave them a slight twinkle.

"I promise." He said smiling. Clara wrapped her arms around his neck hugging him tightly. He hugged her back just the same.

"You're my best friend, you know that don't you Fred?" She said in his ear.

"And You're mine." He whispered. "Clara?"

"Yeah?" She said letting go of him and bringing her face to meet his. He started at her with a longing in his eyes.

"Fred?" She asked wondering if he was going to say anything. He just kept looking at her.

"I...uh..." Right then Clara new what Fred wanted to do. She placed a hand on his cheek and smiled. She leaned in and met her lips with his. Clara's heart raced as they kissed. As did Fred's. Clara being the first to break the kiss looked into Fred's eyes. She smiled and giggled a bit as she placed her forehead against his.

"It's about time Weasley." She said. Fred smiled.

"I have been wanting to do that since first year." He said. "I just was never brave enough until now."

"The brave Fred Weasley afraid to kiss a girl? Hmm..who knew that was your weakness." She said smiling.

"Shut up." He said. His cheeks were as red as his hair. "Clara, I have loved you since the moment I saw you. You are the most wonderful person I know. I'm just sorry it took me so long to tell you."

Clara smiled. "I love you too Fred." She said. Fred lied back on the couch and held Clara tightly to him. They spent their last night in the castle right there on that couch. Not knowing what the future held for them. The things to come didn't matter to them at that moment. All that mattered was that they had each other.