Till Death Do Us Part

I've Made Up My Mind

Fred and the others came to a location in what seemed to be in the middle of nowhere. Fred could see in the distance a tent and a little lady standing outside it. It was his mother.

"Mum!" He said running to her. He hugged her tightly. "Mum, you have to help Clara. They hurt her really badly."

"Oh, my." Mrs. Weasley said coming upon the site of Clara. "George put her on the table inside, Fred go get some water and a cloth." She said. The boys nodded and did as they were told. Molly pulled out her wand and began to wave it over Clara. She was chanting some spells while Fred whipped blood from Clara's fave and limbs. Slowly the cuts and bruises started to fade. Molly did this for a few minutes before stopping.

"Is she going to be ok?" Fred asked.

"She should be, might take a few days for her to recover fully. You got her here just in time." She said. George helped Fred get Clara to a bed. She needed to rest.

"Are you ok Freddie?" George asked Fred a few hours later. He handed him a cup of tea.

"Yeah, I'm glad you got my message." Fred said holding the cup in his hands and sipping at it. "I just hope she wakes up soon."

"She will mate. Just give it some time." George said patting Fred's shoulder.

"I thought I was going to loose her George. Her screams were so terrifying." Fred said, his voice cracking.

"Well you didn't. You saved her life. I always knew you were the smart one." George said trying to cheer him up. Just then they both heard Clara string. Fred rushed to her side. Clara opened her eyes and saw him. She smiled.

"Fred." She said in a hushed tone.

"Shhh, don't talk. I'm here." Fred said. Clara looked around and knew she was safe. She started to sit up. "Clara.."

"Fred, please, let me at least sit up." Clara said. Clara winched at the pain that remained in her body, but managed to sit up. "why hello there George." She said smiling.

"Hey Clara, I see you had a pretty interesting day." He said jokingly.

"Oh yeah, it was a blast." Clara replied sarcastically. "What happened?"

"George and Lupin got the message I wrote. They came just in time." Fred said sweeping some of Clara's hair out of her face. "Good thing to."

"I bet." Clara said.

"Can I get you anything?" Fred asked her.

"No, I think I'm just going to rest some more." She said laying back down.

"Alright, if you need me I'll be right here ok?" Fred said. Clara shook her head and closed her eyes. Fred kissed her forehead and sat there until she fell asleep.

The next morning Clara woke up to the smell of food. She could tell by the light in the tent that it was early morning. She got up and slowly made her way outside. Her body was still sore and stiff but she was feeling much better that the day before. As she stepped outside, she saw Mrs. Weasley, and Fred and George all sitting near a fire that was cooking the breakfast.

"Morning." Clara said smiling at everyone.

"Good morning dear, how are you feeling?" Molly asked.

"I'm feeling a little better." Clara answered sitting next to Fred. He gave her a quick kiss on the cheek.

"That's good. It might be a couple of more days before you are back to normal." Molly said smiling handing her a plate of food. "Hungry dear?" Clara shook her head and took the plate. She scarfed down the food in seconds.

"Wow Fred, she can eat you under the table." George said laughing.

"I know. Isn't she perfect?" Fred said putting his arm around Clara. Clara smiled and set down her plate. She went back inside the tent and got cleaned up. She was still a little tired but didn't want to sleep anymore. Although no one would probably mind, she still didn't want to.

After she was done, she headed back outside to find Professor Lupin and his wife Tonks talking to Fred and the others. She walked up behind Fred and touched his shoulder. He turned around and smiled at her before turning back and rejoined the conversation.

"We fear for their safety." Tonks said looking up at her husband.

"We are heading there tonight, George said he was joining us." Lupin said.

"Um....May I ask whats going on?" Clara asked raising her hand.

"You-Know-Who's army is planning on infiltrating Hogwarts. We are trying to get as many people to help fight." Lupin said. Clara felt a sinking feeling in her chest. Her heart ached at the thought of Hogwarts being destroyed.

"I'm coming with you." Clara said stepping forward a little.

"Whoa, wait a minute." Fred said pulling her back a little.

"Really? Great, we leave tonight." Lupin said.

"I'll be ready." Clara said.

"Whoa." Fred said pulling Clara away from the group. "Clara are you crazy? You can't go fight. After what happened to you? You still need time to get better." He said holding her shoulders.

"Fred I'm fine. They need help, and I'm willing to help." Clara said.

"Clara I won't let you do this." Fred said.

"Fred, I wont stand by while they destroy Hogwarts. It's my home Fred. I don't expect you to understand." She said looking at him with pleading eyes. "I'm prepared to fight for what I love."

"Are you prepared to die too?" Fred asked looking into her eyes.

"If that's what it takes, then yes. Yes I am willing to die." She said.

"And what about me? You're willing to sacrifice what we have? Our happiness?" Fred said angered.

"That's not fair." She said getting angry as well. "You know I love you, but this isn't about us."

"Then what is it about Clara? Huh? Cause it seems like you are putting a school before us." He said almost yelling.

"It's more than a school to me Fred. And you know that. Hogwarts is my home, and it's students are my friends. And yours too might I remind you." She snapped. She was so mad at him. How could he be so mean?

"This isn't your fight to fight." Fred said.

"Yes it is! It's all of ours. It's not just Hogwarts I'm fighting for Fred. I'm fighting for us, for the whole wizarding word. For everyone who just wants to live life without fear of someone coming in and killing them. To finally feel free and safe!" She yelled. By now everyone could hear their argument. But they both didn't notice.

"Oh really?" Fred said harshly.

"Yes, really." Clara said coldly. "Look, I've made up my mind. I'm going. You can make your own choice." She was so mad. On one hand Fred had somewhat of a point but Clara just couldn't stay and hide out. She had to fight back. No more hiding. It's time to fight back.

Clara and Fred did not speak the rest of day. In fact, they were hardly even around each other. Night fall came and Clara was ready to go. She joined the group just outside the tent.

"Clara, figure you might need this." Lupin said handing her her wand. "Swiped it from Bellatrix before we left."

"Thank you." She said. She looked back at the tent to see George come out. She was hoping to see Fred following behind him, but all she saw was the tent door swoosh close. Her head lowered. George came up beside her a patted her on the shoulder. She looked up at him and smiled.

"It'll be ok Clara." He said with a little smile. Clara nodded. They all walked a ways from the tent and got into a circle. Lupin pulled out an old boot and placed it on the ground.

"On three, we all grab it." Lupin said. "One...Two..." Clara look back once more at the tent. But no sign of Fred anywhere she took a deep breath in. "Three." And off they went. Next thing she knew she was standing in the astronomy tower at Hogwarts. Clara was home again.