Till Death Do Us Part

The Final Battle

High up in the astronomy tower Clara paced back and forth. She was scared and couldn't hide it anymore. But she knew this was where she needed to be. She could see out of one of the windows that the barrier surrounding Hogwarts was coming apart. The fight had began. Her heart started pounding and her hands started to sweat.

"You ok Clara?" George asked.

"Yeah, I'll be fine. I just wished Fred was here." She said sadly.

"I think you should turn around." George said smiling. Clara looked at him funny and slowly turned around. There, just a few feet away stood Fred. Clara smiled and ran to him. She threw her arms around him and hugged him tightly.

"I'm so happy you're here." She said in his ear. "Well given the circumstances."

"I'm sorry Clara." He said. "I just didn't want to lose you."

" I know, and you wont. Remember? We promised each other." She said smiling.

"I remember." He said smiling back.

"You're here now. And that's all that matters." She said. "No more arguing, we have bigger things to deal with."

Clara and Fred went back to the window and stared at the last bits of the protection spells protecting Hogwarts fall. She could hear faint shouting of Voldemort's army approaching the school grounds. She was not afraid to say his name anymore. No one was. As the many death eaters stormed the castle walls, Clara was thrown back when one of them came crashing threw a wall shooting pieces of wall everywhere. Some of which hit Clara. She popped back up and started casting sells and fighting the ones who were in the tower. As they fought Clara didn't realize she had gotten separated from Fred. Things were happening so fast. She looked around for him but couldn't see any sign of him.

"Clara! Go down and help in the courtyard, we have this under control up here!" Yelled Lupin. Clara nodded and ran toward the courtyard. Fighting as she went. They seemed to be coming out of nowhere. Bursting through walls and windows. She stunned a couple of them going after a few students running to find safety. As she reached the courtyard she stunned a couple of more. She helped as much as she could and then moved on to another location. She was all over the castle by the time everything was over. The whole battle lasted a while, but to Clara it felt like forever. It all was drawing to a close, she stood by and watched as Harry Potter was going head to head with Voldemort himself. For a moment everyone thought Voldemort had won, we thought he had killed Harry. But when Harry came back from the dead Voldemort thought he sent him to, most if not all of the death eaters ran. They knew who was going to win this fight, and it wasn't who they were working for. Clara watched in amazement as Harry's wand connected with Voldemort's. There was bright light and sparks flying through the air. And as quick as lightning Voldemort turned into dust. Harry had won. Good had won. Everything was over. Clara smiled and closed her eyes. A wave of relief and calm came over the whole castle. She could finally start living her life. No more fear or hiding out. She could start her life with Fred like it was meant to be.

Clara spent the next few hours helping look for missing people and clearing away rubble. She caught up with a few professors and a few former students. She helped dress wounds and heal broken bones. Put walls back together, and make some of the castle feel like itself again. She hadn't seen any sign of Fred but knew he was probably helping do some of the things she was doing. Straightening up the castle and whatnot.

"Clara!" She heard someone yell. It was Neville.

"Neville!" Clara said and gave him a hug.

"That was some battle eh?" He said.

"You're telling me." She said holding a hand on her hip. "Hey, have you seen Fred?"

"No, can't say that I have. But if I do I'll point him your way." He said smiling.

"Thanks." She said.

"Have you seen Luna?" He asked.

"Actually I have, last I saw she was in the hospital wing attending to some wounded student." She said.

"Thanks so much." He said and patted her shoulder. She nodded and continued back to her work. She was cleaning one of the halls that led to the potions class. She was really crafty when it came to putting thing back together. She had a lot of experience with that at school. Putting things back after her and the twins broke something. She smiled at the memories that were popping in her mind. She hurried and finished up and once she was done she started her way toward the front of the castle. She wanted to find Fred and just go home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I didn't make the Battle more interesting. I really didn't want to spend to much time on non important details. I just sort of wanted to get through it to continue the story. I promise the next chapter will be good.