The Secret Child of the Devil

Real Nightmare

Zoe ended up in hospital, not dead but in a very bad condition. She cut quite deep in her wrists and the wound in her side was horrifying besides, she cut the back of her head and bled a lot; she needed blood transfusions and surgeries. Overall, it was as bad as it looked.

Ezekiel called her parents and told them that she got stabbed and tortured by some psychopath. Her mother instantly remembered that mysterious patient her daughter mentioned before. Well, she was talking about Andrew and he was dead already so it didn't matter.

Unlike what he expected, Zoe didn't stay on as a ghost. She was in a coma and the chances for her to wake up were slim; or so the doctor said. Her parents were devastated but Ezekiel and Chen were waiting patiently for something to happen.

"She's still asleep, isn't she?"

Ezekiel went home for a few days, mainly to change and take a shower, and came back. He couldn't let her unprotected.

"Yep," Chen responded from his comfortable seat in the corner, across her bed.

They made themselves quite comfortable in her room. He and Chen were taking turns therefore, they brought books and other things to get the time passing faster.

"I don't know what's going on, truthfully." Ezekiel continued.

Chen looked pitifully at his best friend before responding, "Zek, it's been 6 months. I'm sure if anything were to happen, it would have already. Mehrdir is gone too. She probably died."

The puppy human ignored Chen.

"She's not dead!" Ezekiel snapped, taking Chen by surprise. "It wasn't full moon that night. She's not dead yet. She has to find the inheritor."

Ezekiel was really hoping he was right. He could still remember how awful that night was.

Image

Zoe collapsed in the hall with so much blood around her that could have saved a few lives. It was coming from everywhere.

Ezekiel was ready to call for an ambulance when he remembered where he was and what kind of situation he was in. The house was hiding in itself and would move as soon as an ambulance would arrive. He had to think of an alternative and it wasn't looking like he had a better way than grabbing her bridal style and taking her to the closest hospital.

In the end, Ezekiel broke a lot of rules. With only the image of what he had seen at others and no clear idea how to drive, he turned on the engine and went to hospital. Luckily, the streets were empty and he didn't meet any police officer.

The nurses grabbed her out of his arms as soon as they saw her. She was in a horrible state. The doctor rushed to her and got her into surgery.

"You piss me off." Ezekiel started when he noticed Mehrdir has appeared suddenly on the bench.

"Because I didn't help you carry her?" The demon asked nonchalantly.

Ezekiel scoffed loudly. He wasn't giving a shit who could hear and see him, he just wanted to make himself clear.

"Are you stupid? She's in such a bad state that she might even die!"

Mehrdir narrowed his eyes at the human who was raising his voice to someone of a higher rank than he was.

"She will be fine." The greed demon said firmly.

"No, she won't. The best thing right now is for her to open her eyes and we both know that won't happen. What if she gets to Neverland?"

Mehrdir ran a hand through his hair and sighed, "So what? She's the commander. She can easily waltz out of there and even have tea with Asmodeus,"

Ezekiel glared at him and tried to punch him. Unfortunately, his form was ghostly so Ezekiel stumbled when his hand went right through Mehrdir's face.

"Listen very closely, Ezekiel. Maybe it won't be now, but she will die one day. You can't change that." He said and disappeared, leaving Ezekiel in a state of anger.


Image

Fortunately, she didn't die but unfortunately, she wasn't alive either. Ezekiel had to confront her parents and tell them that no matter what, she was going to wake up. That was 6 months ago, though. His hopes were getting smaller and smaller.

"Hey, Zek!"

The young guy turned around and met a bright dinosaur face, making him smile softly, "Mark,"

Mark smiled and ruffled Ezekiel's hair, feeling how tense the boy was and how bad he looked.

"So, how's Sleeping Beauty? Still waiting for her prince to come and kiss her?" Gabriel asked as soon as he entered.

The whole gang came again. They were visiting often for support.

"I think we should have Henry and Mark kiss her. Maybe then we'll finally find out who is Prince Charming," Gabriel continued in a teasing manner getting a light hit from Alice while she walked to Ezekiel's side.

"How is it? Did she move?" The response wasn't positive so Alice grabbed Ezekiel's hand and squeezed it before continuing, "I'm sure she will one day. We have to keep faith."

"I think she's been in this coma for a long time. If she doesn't wake up soon she might not wake up at all." Alice hit Gabriel again. "What? I'm only stating facts! I don't want to see that happening either." The boy added, his hands raising like he was surrendering.

"She needs a miracle." Mark started. "I wonder if there's anything that could tell us where she is and if she's in any pain." The human wondered out loud.

Ezekiel glanced at Chen, a new sparkle brightening his eyes.

Image

"You want to invoke a demon again?"

Ezekiel took a deep breathe and nodded. They were at her apartment, in her bathroom more exactly.

"Last time, you asked for Hiset but Iaosur came in his place." Chen stated in a sassy tone, making Ezekiel narrow his eyes at his friend.

"I'm not going to invoke anyone. I'm going to make a contract." The puppy human answered.

"A pact with the devil," Chen repeated.

Ezekiel grabbed Zoe's dagger and put it next to the other things in front of him. He opened a book at a specific page and enlightened the candles in the room, poured water in the bath tub and took a deep breath before getting his feet in.

Unlike in movies, once he cut his palm and let the blood cover the glass of a pocket mirror, he felt like he was going to die. His eyes widened and he felt his heart breaking in two.

Image

While Ezekiel was doing dangerous stuff, Zoe was finally living her worst nightmare.

"Now that you left behind your body, you should think more about your title."

Beelzebub was an ugly monster that looked a lot like a bee. She knew that and knew he never showed his real face in her dreams. Actually, Zoe had no idea if her appearance changed and how she looked in Hell; she was scared to find out.

"My title doesn't mean anything if I die too early." She stated.

Someone else scoffed and walked behind her, "Your inheritor is blind. Maybe we should take off her eyes so she could see the world as we see it."

Zoe raised an eyebrow and looked at the newcomer, "If I don't have eyes, I can't see anything."

He chuckled, "You still don't know how Hell works, pet." He spit that nickname with such hatred.

She could understand that since he was pretty much very evil and liked to torture anything with legs.

But that didn't mean she accepted it, "Without eyes I can't find the inheritor."

Asmodeus chuckled and walked in front of her. Beelzebub was watching silently from the side.

"Is that a bad thing?" He leaned in and whispered. "Who needs the inheritor anyway? There are 7 princes of Hell. None is more powerful than the other."

"I beg to differ."

Zoe was getting overwhelmed by the numerous evil energies around her. The two demons turned to the pride prince.

"I am the Loved One. I have the highest title. Without me, you are nothing but ash." Lucifer stated coldly.

Asmodeus glared at the higher prince but didn't say anything else, "Whatever."

It was rather a familiar sight. She couldn't help but remember Iaosur and Eneizar.

"Masters, someone is invoking a contract."

Zoe looked at Beelzebub curiously. She had never thought about the system behind the Pact with Devil.

"It's for greed. His name is Ezekiel Addams. Who should we send?" At the mention of his name, she frowned.

"It's mine." She stated quickly, looking at Beelzebub for support.

Lucifer shook his head and moved between her and the low servant, "You have to find my inheritor. You posses both pride and greed. That's just perfect. You can sense him easily."

She glared at the upper class lord and scoffed, "You are not my master."

That seemed to greatly amuse Lucifer. He took a few steps to the side and stared at her. She turned to her brother.

"Demon or not, I made a promise and I don't intend to break it."

Beelzebub only blinked and stared ahead with no emotion whatsoever.

"Keep him aside. He's a special case, it seems," Lucifer ordered. The demon bowed and left. "You better not disappoint me, Zoe. You don't want to see me angry." He hissed, not angry yet but definitely pissed off that she could talk back to him.

But the truth was that Zoe couldn't even look him in the eye. He was the boogie man of Hell and she was scared.

Image

After Asmodeus and Lucifer left, Beelzebub walked and placed a hand on her shoulder.

"I want you to do something for me before you sign the contract. Let him wait a little bit more. I'm sure it doesn't matter."

They were all the same. Human lives could always wait a bit more.

"Where are my demons?" She changed the subject quickly. Beelzebub raised an eyebrow and started to laugh.

"They're here. You know what's surprising? Your thug friend didn't end up down here. His noble sacrifice lend him a ticked upstairs." She was genuinely shocked and happy for Rowan which made him scoff. "Try not to show your happiness too much,"

"I want to see the rest."

The greed demon took a step back and walled towards the back corridor. His 'house' was a cave; a long and incredibly sparkly cave. Beelzebub on the other hand remained there.

"Go see them but remember my words. I'm not going to show you mercy if you don't act accordingly." The gluttony prince threatened in a high pitched yet monstrous voice.

The situation changed so much from before.

Image

She walked out of the cave and went down what looked to be an abandoned railway. She was jumping around, trying to find someone adequate.

"Well, well, well. If it isn't Zoe," A teasing voice quirked from the pile of corpses.

She knew that voice too well.

"Iaosur!"

She smiled happily and jumped over him. The angst demon froze since he had never been hugged so tightly before; it was abnormal.

"Ok, ok. I got it. Get off me." He actually pushed her like she had the plague.

She chuckled and let go of him.

"Were you looking for me? After all, I was exiled because of you. And that freaking prick didn't get down here. Ha!" Iaosur scoffed, thinking just how much luck Rowan found while staying with Zoe.

She rubbed the back of her head out of reflex, still feeling something uncomfortable there.

"Actually, I want to see all three of you." She mumbled.

Iaosur raised an eyebrow and patted her head, "Let's go see Eneizar, then."

She blinked as he turned her towards the right way, falling into a rhythm.

"He's a pride demon right? Where can he be?" She wondered out loud, linking her hands behind her back.

"Lucifer's domain is fancy and large. Eneizar can be anywhere." Iaosur hummed.

She tilted her head to the side and thought about her next move, "Can I have my own demons? Like, get my sign on them?"

Iaosur stopped abruptly, making her collided into his back. He glanced at her over his shoulder and smirked.

"Maybe. Why? You want to put your sign on us?" He asked, raising his eyebrows up and down.

"Maybe. Why? You want to have my sign on you?"

Iaosur laughed it off but deep down he was genuinely interested.
♠ ♠ ♠
Second part, The Inheritors! Thanks to everyone who reads and I would love you even more if you'd comment with opinions or corrections or whatever you want. While editing the story, spontaneous things can happen! :>

Image