Sisu

Chapter 5

**October 19th, 2015 Tuukka’s POV**

This has been the longest 4 weeks of my life. A month ago we found out we’re having a girl, or at least it looks like a girl. Today was our 20th week appointment and ultrasound. I know that Tai had a list of questions for Dr. Jessica, I even had a few of my own.

I pulled into the garage and went inside to find my wife crying. “Kultaseni, Mitä vikaa? (Sweetheart what’s wrong?)” She was sitting at the bar looking at her laptop’s screen.

“En osaa päättää välillä tähteä ja pilkkuja. (I can not decide between the stars and polka dots.)” She had up all the decorations we had all chosen for the baby’s room. We had decided that we liked several sayings for the room and a simple color scheme of grey, gold and lilac. The signs we’d found were both stars and polka dots in our chosen colors.

I hugged her tightly. “Miksi valita niiden välillä? Miksi emme voi olla molempia? (Why choose between them? Why can not we have both?)” I liked them both, they mixed nicely in my opinion. I tapped a few keys bringing up both one with stars and one with polka dots. “Seinällä sinun on oltava lähellä nähdä ne eivät ole identtisiä taustalla. Mielestäni yhdistelmä näyttää hyvältä yhdessä. Hänen laillaan lempinimi on julkinen salaisuus. (On the wall you need to be close to see, they are not identical in the background. I think the combination looks good together. Like her nickname is an open secret.)”

Tai sighed and blew her nose. Dabbing at her eyes she looked closer at the two prints. Speaking in a watery voice she said, “Ne do näyttää hyvältä yhdessä. Voisimme laittaa molemmat ylös kuin seinä tarroja myös sitoa kaiken yhdessä. (They do look good together. We could put both up as wall stickers to tie everything together.)” Now she was thinking like she normally would. We always compromised on decor, it’s how we worked.

“En ollut kertonut sinulle Pidin molemmat vielä, koska yritin löytää, jos siellä saattaa olla toinen ajatus haluaisimme enemmän. Kumpikaan meistä voi ajatella yhden ja pidän yhdistelmä. (I had not told you I like both of yet, because I was trying to find out if there might be another idea, we would like more. Neither of us can think of one, and I like the combination.)” I sat in the seat next to her and switched to English. “Never have we said any room had to be all or nothing, only one way. We make those decisions together so we are both happy.”

Taika leaned into my shoulder, her voice much stronger now than it had been. “You are right. We do try and compromise on everything like this. I don’t know why I thought we could only have one.” She kissed me lovingly. “Kiitos rakkaani. Holly on oikea, me olemme uskomattomia yhdessä. (Thank you my love. Holly is right, we're amazing together.)”

When we got to Dr. Jessica’s office it was like she had never been crying. She was wearing her new tank top that made me giggle. It said ‘I have a little Finn in me’ with our home country’s outline and flag. She had found it on Etsy when she and Holly were looking for decor.

Anna, another one of the nurses, brought us back and checked her vitals. “143 today, so 3 pounds gained.” Her pulse and blood pressure were in the normal range. “Ok looks like we’re having a Level 2 Scan today. If you want to leave your things in here I can take you straight into the room and let the technician know you’re here and ready.” We looked at each other and put down the bags we had, her purse and my tablet bag.

In the ultrasound room Tai was shown how far her top and leggings had to be and I was given a chair, an improvement over the last time where I stood for it all. When the technician came in she clucked. “Good, but not good enough. I am assuming you want to see yes?”

We looked at each other in confusion. She continued. “Here, sit up a bit.” Tai did so and the tech placed a wedge pillow behind her. “There, now you’ll be able to see without hurting your neck.” She then tucked a towel in under Tai’s waistband. “Dr. Verokso will be in soon.”

The door opened and in walked Dr. Jessica. “Sooner than you think. So, are my favorite Finn clients ready to get a better look at their child?” I squeezed Tai’s hand and got one back in return.

“Yeah, we’re going to find out for sure who’s coming today right? If she cooperates that is.” Tai sounded excited which, well so was I. I scooted closer to Tai and tried not to hold my breath.

The tech spread the goop on her belly and started. “Ok we’re going to be checking a lot of things today. If the little one cooperates we’ll for sure check to be sure. Ok here we go.” She moved the wand and the scan began.

I had no real idea of what I was looking at at first but as things were pointed out I could kind of see them. “Ok, that makes sense now.” I said as the kidneys were pointed out to me.

Dr. Jessica sighed and spoke to me. “I know it’s hard to see, but everything looks really good. There’s a strong heartbeat and movements, both are great signs.” Just then Tai started to laugh. We looked at her and could see her belly extending towards the wand.

“Someone doesn’t like the intrusion.” The tech said. “Got strong legs, that’s a good sign.”

“Let’s see if we can check the heart.” Dr. Jessica said and the tech moved the wand. We saw everything move and then there was the fluttering heart of our child on the screen. “Can we get a cross section to check upper and lower?” Again the wand moved and those were checked. “Great news, that is as perfect a heart as I’ve ever seen.”

Taika sighed in relief. “Then things are looking good?” Both the doc and the tech nodded. “Good. What else can we see?”

“I’m at the umbilical cord, so let’s check that.” The tech said and went on to check the cord. It had 3 cords, or so the tech said. We followed it on the screen until it entered the placenta. The wand moved this way and that briefly. “Cord insertion looks textbook. The placenta is on the posterior left of the fundus and looks well attached.”

“What does that mean?” I asked hurriedly.

Dr. Jessica smiled. “It means the placenta is on the top left side of the uterus, it’s not in a position to cause concern at all. It’s a good thing Tuukka, it might cushion stronger kicks and such as things move further along.”

The tech moved the wand and it jumped. “Oh you, just give us a little bit more time.” She grumbled as we saw a pair of feet kicking towards the wand. “As you can see the feet are well formed and the baby is not liking us looking at all.”

We all laughed as the tech got a good look at the legs and measurements of the femur. Dr. Jessica gasped as the length was recorded but staved off our questions. “Ok, it’s time. Let’s see for sure who’s coming.”

The tech moved the wand and on the first try got the shot. She labeled the buttocks and legs on the shot and then spoke. “Ok, this is a great shot. Are you sure?”

Taika got a bit angry. “We’ve said yes three times. Just tell us already!” I rubbed her shoulder. I couldn’t imagine the weird sensation she must be feeling, not to mention the irritation she was now displaying.

Dr. Jessica just let Tai vent and then spoke calmly. “This is a confirmation not a surprise.” She moved closer to the screen above the bed and pointed. “Here are the labia on the outside and the clitoris in the center. Move the wand a bit more towards the front to triple check please.” The wand moved and we got a clear, well mostly clear, view of our daughter’s genitalia. “Yep, those are girl parts for sure. Congratulations you two, it’s most definitely a girl.”

They had printed several picture for us, including the final two shots. Tai was cleaned up and we moved back into the exam room. We settled in our places and Dr. Jessica sighed. “Ok, I don’t know if you heard me gasp but this scan has given us a slightly earlier due date. March 1st instead of the 8th. Right now the size of the baby is the size we expect to see in a fetus of 20 weeks and 6 days of development. This isn’t bad at all just a bit of a surprise, I honestly expected to see that she was younger than anticipated but she’s a bit older.”

I heard Tai sigh and felt the same relief. “If she comes earlier she comes earlier, we’ll be ready.” Tai leaned over and got her list of questions. “Shall we get through the rest of this?”

Jessica chuckled and nodded. “Sure, how have you been feeling?” Tai listed off how her back had begun to ache and how the support belt helped when she remembered to put it on, how sore and big her breasts had gotten already, how she got up several times a night to pee. None of those bothered me to hear, but the next one did.

“I’ve also been getting headaches, mostly at night and not as bad as it could be but it can be distracting when I’m trying to sleep. Not to mention the heartburn...”

The doctor just chuckled. “All of that is pretty normal. I’m glad you already have a support belt, try and remember it more often it will help. As for the headaches, try a cold compress before you use other products. It doesn’t have to be dripping just cold. For the heartburn anything over the counter is good. You’ve got a little bit of pregnancy mask starting, nothing you can do about it as it’s all based on hormones. How is your sex life?”

I had to laugh, aloud of course. “Oh there’s no problems there. It kind of tapered off in the first trimester but it’s back with a vengeance now.” I never quite knew what I’d come home to after a game right now, not that I minded.

Taika blushed while Dr. Jessica just smiled and made note of that. “Perfectly normal. Sometimes it’s up and sometimes patients find it is less than even before pregnancy. As long as there’s no problems during or after like pain or spotting there’s no reason to stop.”

Tai got over her slight embarrassment and asked a question we had been toying with. “Would it bother you if we had a doula?”

The doc grinned. “Not at all. In fact the hospital has doulas available for everyone if they want it or you can find your own. As far as that is concerned I’m very comfortable having someone to advocate with and for you and your ideal birth. In fact you might want to start thinking about what kind of birth you want.”

This lead to a discussion of what she considered full term and overdue, and we found out she would not induce until we were past 42 weeks. She personally hated doing c-sections unless it was a true emergency and the hospital had one of the lowest rates in the state. “I really like to give you every opportunity to do things as naturally as you want, including induction.”

I saw Taika relax, she wanted to do things as naturally as possible. “What about pain meds if she needs or wants them during labor?” Yes, I was concerned.

“It all depends on how you want to do things. A doula is a good first step, but look into additional ways of relief as well.” She sorted out some pamphlets. “These will give you some options. I personally had a wonderful birth by using hypnobirthing. There’s a pamphlet on that in those as well.” She handed them all to Taika who nodded.

“I’ll read these and we’ll discuss things. I want things more natural than what is normal. I almost want to go home and then come back, but I also want Tuukka there.” I kissed her temple. We had talked about the possibility of going home.

Jessica nodded. “I can understand why you’re concerned. I’m a lot more open to alternative positions and natural birth than a lot of my colleagues. Of course discuss it together and anyone else you want, just let me know and write a birth plan. Simple is better just in case.”

Taika then asked a couple questions she’d been wondering. “What about painting with low or no VOC paint and how hot is too hot for a sauna or hot tub?” Good thing she asked cause we were going to be painting the nursery tomorrow afternoon.

Jessica nodded at us. “Low or no VOC paint is as safe as you can get but I would still suggest good ventilation and maybe not letting mama paint for long. As for the sauna and hot tub… I did some research on that and what is normal in your home country. I see no reason to stop you from having them as long as you do them at children’s temps and make sure you’re well hydrated at all times.” Wow I was impressed, she had done her homework.

Taika grinned. “I can understand why lower temps would be good and love that you looked into it before we even asked. It means a lot to me that you did.”

“Taika, you’ve been my patient for years. You’ve helped me do things in a more Scandinavian way than an American one. Everyone has benefited from this. I’ve done the research because I’ve liked what I’ve found and it’s helped my practice become one of the safest in the Boston Area. I _love_ what diversity I’ve found in the world with birth and pregnancy and you’ve added to that. Everything I’ve seen about this little girl is perfect, she and you will be just fine. In fact if you really want me to I will fight for a full week in the hospital for you.” I’d never heard a doctor so adamant about anything but their way of doing things so this was a bit of a shock.

Tai leaned forward and hugged Dr. Jessica. “Thank you. I was so scared the first time I came here but you put me at ease and have done everything to make anyone feel safe. There’s no one else I want in that delivery room as my doctor.”

Soon we were on our way out of the office with an appointment for a month from now. We had a lot planned in that month and even more before the Winter Classic. We drove towards home in a good mood. Our daughter was growing well and it seemed that the Obstetrician was on our side on how we wanted things to go. I decided that we needed to put all things baby aside for tonight and concentrate on us. “Sai kysymys teille. (Got a question for you.)”

Taika hummed, she had been watching the scenery. “Mitä sanoisit menossa ulos tänä iltana? Illallinen ainakin, enemmän jos haluamme mennä jonnekin jälkeen. (What would you say to going out tonight? Dinner at the very least, more if you want to go somewhere after that.)” I tried to keep my eyes on the road but I wanted to see her reaction as well.

“Ajattelitko vain meille tai muiden kanssa? (Do you think just us or with others?)” She asked casually.

I smirked as I answered her. “Juuri meille ja vähän puhua vauva. Antaa meille mahdollisuuden yhdistää ennen kaaos tulee. (Just us and little talk about the baby. Gives us a chance to connect before the chaos will come.)”

She was now looking at me. “Joten enemmän kuin päivämäärä, voisin käyttää mukava Date Night. Haluaisin tietää, kun minun täytyy olla valmis. (Something more like a date, I could use a nice date night. Let me know when I need to be ready.)” I saw her mind start to go through her closet.

We got home soon after and while she went upstairs to look for her outfit, I dialed Tresca. “Tresca how can I help you?”

I leaned back against the couch and smiled. “Hi, I was confirming my reservation for tonight, 8 o’clock. The name on it is Rask.” Yep, I had planned tonight a while ago, I knew we would want to celebrate knowing who was coming.

There was a click on the phone and then I heard Ray Bourque on the phone. “I heard that you were using the name Rask, you better have earned it.” I heard the threat underlying his tone.

“Sir, if anyone but myself and my wife are using my name to get into your restaurant I would be very angry. Milk crate angry.” Yes, I could even laugh at myself, which made the tone change quickly.

“So, what brings you here tonight? Should we be prepared for something special?” I glanced up the stairs and saw nothing, a good sign.

“Taika and I are in need of a date night. Is there somewhere else I should be taking her?” Not that I would, she loved Tresca. Before Ray could sputter about loyalty I stopped him. “I’m kidding, she’d kill me if I took her anywhere else right now, she loves you guys.”

Ray sighed. “Don’t scare me like that Tuukka. So, just date night then.”

I laughed. “Yeah, we need it. We’ve had a roller coaster of an off season and gotten some good news today. Without a game for another day it’s a good time for a night out for us.” I was kind of mentally going through my own closet to find something appropriate to wear.

Ray chuckled. “Sounds like we should put you in the back of the house to keep this a mostly private evening for you. You said good news, is this something you can share or does no one know yet?”

I leaned back and put my feet on the couch. “We are being selective of sharing our news just yet, but I think I can count on your discretion. We’re having a little girl in March.”

“That’s great! Congratulations! This is your first right?” He was as excited as anyone we had told so far.

“Yeah, we just got married in August. We’re happy and more than a bit surprised. We just need a night to relax and take it all in.” I felt the tension in my shoulders and knew it was true. Between the 3 and 2 start to the season we’d had and the general need that I had been starting to feel of being close to Taika. I’d even ask some of the others with kids if they had felt like this and found it wasn’t uncommon, at least in those I’d asked.

At 7pm I woke Taika from a nap I was sure she hadn’t meant to take. “Tai, aika herätä Ihana. Meillä on varauksia 8 klo Tresca. (Tai, time to wake up beautiful. We have reservations for 8 at Tresca.)” I rubbed her back as I spoke, knowing it would wake her gently. She groaned a bit and shifted on the bed. “Tule herätä. (Come on wake up.)”

She spoke into the pillow. “Minulla ei ole mitään, että minä sovi enää. (I do not have anything that I fit anymore.)” She then lolled her head to the side and looked at me. “Olen lihava. En tiedä, miksi olet minulle. (I'm fat. I do not know why you are with me.)”

I snorted and helped her sit up. “Olet kaunis ja ... löysin mekko mielestäni tulet rakastamaan. (You are beautiful and ... I found a dress I think that you will love.)” I moved to my half of the closet and the box I had stashed there after getting it yesterday.

That got her attention. “Mitä sait minut? (What did you get me?)” I sat the box on the bed and sat down. She leaned forward and opened it. Inside were 2 Leota Maternity Wrap Dresses, one in blue and one in black. “Mitä? Miksi? (What? Why?)”

I smiled and took her hands in mine. “Koska sinä olet kaunis ja ansaitsette niitä. (Because you're beautiful and you deserve them.)” I then kissed her hands. “Kiire rakkaus, Tresca ei koskaan odottaa. (Hurry love, Tresca never waits.)”

I moved from the bed to the closet again and began looking for the suit I wanted to wear. No tie, this was a date night not a game night. I chose a medium grey suit and a white shirt. Moving to my collection of watches I looked through and found the gift Taika gave me for our wedding, a Motorola 'Moto 360 2nd Gen' Bracelet Smart Watch.

**Taika’s POV**

I couldn’t believe that Tuukka got me 2 dresses from Leota Maternity. I looked and they were a nice shade of blue and a black one. I checked and he had even gotten the right size. God I loved that man! I felt like crying. God I hated these hormones.

Kind of shaking I looked between them and chose the blue one. This meant I could save the black one for more formal occasions. Taking a better look I would even be able to breastfeed in these. This made them even better in my opinion. I moved off the bed and towards the closet. I hadn’t yet started to swell anywhere which meant I was going for heels. I pawed through my jewelry and found a set that Tuukka had given me for my birthday the first year we were together. They were owls. At the time he had said they reminded him of my love for Hedwig from Harry Potter.

I then dug through my shoe collection and found the champagne colored Jimmy Choos that I had to have during a trip to Nordstroms with Krissy. We’d been looking for good nursing supplies and such but who could resist an incredible pair of Jimmy’s? Adding one of my new bras and hose to the pile on the bed, I began getting ready.

We walked into Tresca at 10 minutes to 8. I loved Tresca for several reasons. We always got good service here and all the good memories, most firmly the night that Tuukka proposed. It turned out that Ray was here tonight, something that made me smile. Of course he was a Bruins Legend, but that didn’t mean that he was anything but a guy who had done what he loved for a city he came to call home. “Ah, there’s our 8pm reservation. Would you like to wait or go ahead and get seated?” He asked as we approached.

Tuukka nodded. “Please.” We were moved through the place towards the back, near the kitchen. It was normally a 4 person table but it was only set for two. It was also mostly out of the way and hidden from most of the house.

Once we were seated and perusing the fantastic menu I raised the question. “Mitä kerroit Ray? (What did you tell Ray?)” I was looking at the mocktails they had trying to find one to try. I found one that sounded very yummy the Pomegranate Peach Sangria.

I saw Tuukka pause, look up and then sigh. “Mistä tiesit minä sanonut mitään? (How did you know I said anything?)” I just look at him in that ‘are you serious?’ way. I saw him fighting with himself and then he spoke. “Hän kysyi, mitä meidän hyviä uutisia oli ja kerroin hänelle vauva. (He asked what our good news was, and I told him about the baby.)”

I leaned over and kissed his cheek. “Hän on suurperhe. Hyvä työ. (He is extended family. Good job.)” I noticed his ear tips were turning red and smiled wryly. We considered the entire team extended family, former and current. “Kerro kaverit, jotka olemme varmoja harjoittelu huomenna. Olen varma, että he mielellämme meille. (Tell the guys that we are certain at practice tomorrow. I am sure they will be happy for us.)”

“Tarpeeksi tietoja meidän tuleva iloa. Mitä haluat juoda? (Enough about our future joy. What would you like to drink?)” I had also noticed the server coming up.

Switching to English I answered before the server could ask. “I think the Pomegranate Peach Sangria Mocktail, please.”

“It’s really good, one of my favorites of the mocktails. For you sir?”

He thought for a moment. “I think a glass of Cerasuolo Di Vittoria and then the same mocktail as my lady.” He looked at me and I smiled. I didn’t begrudge him a glass of wine, to have him abstain in front of me would not be kind. “We are going to need a few more minutes to decide about dinner though.”

“Understandably. I’ll go get your drinks and give you a few more minutes.” He bowed carefully and walked towards the bar.

I looked at the menu and felt my stomach rumble. I missed my mid-afternoon snack and was now very hungry. “Antipasti?” of course it all sounded good but what we would get would depend on both of us.

Tuukka looked at me. “Missed your snack and you’re starving?” I nodded and he smiled. I now knew how he felt sometimes when he got home from practice, hungry all the time. “Sure, maybe the board and cheese plate?”

I sighed, both of those had things I could not have right now on them. “Normally I’d say yes, but there’s things I can not have on both.” His face wrinkled in distaste.

“I forgot that. What about a salad? I’m sure we could get you one quick if you want.” I looked at the salads. They sounded good too.

The server came back with our drinks now. “Is there anything I can answer for you?” He knelt down so it was easier to talk to him.

I sighed. “Yes actually, is there an appetizer that doesn’t have soft cheeses or cured meats? They are things I can not have right now.” I rubbed the top of my belly and he nodded sagely.

“There are a few. The Burrata, Crepes and Mussels are all free of the items you’re concerned about.” I sighed, no Board and Cheese for me tonight. “Or you could get one of our salads and I could put it in for a rush.” It was clear that he had served pregnant women before.

Tuukka smiled. “Her favorite is the House Salad and I’ll take one as well. Do you know what you want for dinner ihana?” I was looking at the rest of the menu.

I looked through the pizza which didn’t sound good, even though it was. The pasta, well I couldn’t have what I wanted, the Carbonara, so I passed it up too. “What are you getting?” I asked as I looked through the main courses.

Tuukka chuckled. “I’ll have the Surf and Turf, Medium Rare please.” I took a look and suppressed a chuckle. He was predictable if nothing else.

“Very good Sir. Have you decided Ma’am or shall I go get your salads ready first?” I had to hand it to this guy, he was giving me every opportunity to find something I could have and love.

I looked and found something that made my heart flutter. “I’ll have the 14 oz. grilled sirloin, Medium Well please.” Broccolini and parm mash on the side, yummy! The server kind of looked at me a bit wide eyed.

Tuukka coughed, giving the server a chance to get himself in control. “She’ll eat it all, trust me.” I glared at him and felt the need to kick him. I barely refrained. “Just have the salads come quick and relax.”

The server nodded and left. “Thanks, throw me under the fat bus.” I said grumpily.

He took my right hand in his and kissed it. “I never said you’d eat it all in one sitting. If you can’t have it all right now we’ll take it home for a late night meal for you.” I couldn’t help but giggle a little bit. He did know me well right now. I always ate about an hour before I went to bed.

About 10 minutes after our server walked away, Ray came over. “Evening you two.” He had a welcoming smile on his face, as he usually did whenever anyone from the team was in.

I smiled. “Hi Ray. Nice crowd tonight.” I waved my hand out into the house.

He smiled and ducked his head a bit. “We try, we try. I hear we aren’t the only ones with a bit of a crowd issue going on.”

Tuukka chuckled. I just rolled my eyes. “Of course you would make that your segue. Yes, we do. We aren’t here to talk about her though, everyone deserves a date night.” I had been told we wouldn’t talk much about tähti, so I was trying to get off that topic.

Ray nodded. “Of course. If you need anything let us know. Jake knows you’re here so he might come out.” I liked Jake, he and I could and had talked cooking and food for hours before.

In deference to the rest of the house though, I put them first. “Oh, he doesn’t have to do that. I’m sure he’s busy back there.” Chefs were always busy, it was an unwritten rule. However it didn’t mean that I wasn’t disappointed.

Tuukka sighed. “Ihana, if Jake wants to come say hi, nothing is going to stop him. You know that.”

Just then my eyes were covered and Jake spoke. “Nothing would make me miss my friends being here.” He uncovered my eyes and knelt beside me. “Besides I run a well ordered kitchen and we’re humming tonight.” It was then he noticed tähti. “I see that you’re getting a sous chef in the future. Congrats.”

I blushed. “Yeah, because of her I gave up my position as Morning Chef. Can’t be the Morning Chef if you can’t cook what they want.” I had made my peace with what I had done and had been enjoying not seeing my husband at work and at home. Jake nodded sagely.

Our server came up just then and was unsure of what to do, so I rescued him. “I hate to do this guys but I’m hungry and he’s here with food.” I pointed to our now embarrassed server. This jolted both Jake and Ray into service mode from friends mode. Of course I did hear them both tell Anthony, our server, to treat us well as they walked away.

As soon as they were out of earshot Tuukka put him at ease. “Trust me, just keep doing what you’re doing and everything will be fine. You’ve by far been the best server I’ve seen in awhile.” That was saying something.

We were soon left alone to enjoy the beginnings of our meal. Never in my life had pickled onions tasted so good. It hit all the things I had been craving and not known how to satisfy. I suppressed a porn star moan, it was that good.

We talked about things that we had been doing while Tuukka was on road trips. Mostly for me it was sorting through all the baby things people said we would need or love to have. He talked about how he missed cuddling when he was away, which made my heart melt. I leaned on his shoulder and sighed. “We should do more of that. Any sort of contact is good right now, but cuddling is the best.”

Our main courses were here by now so we switched to those and kept chatting. It was nice to hear that I wasn’t the only one worried about how we were going to raised our daughter. Yes we said we wouldn’t talk a lot about her but it was kind of inevitable. Discussing our fears lead to talking about how we each wanted to discipline and overall parenting style.

Overall we wanted to raise our child like we had been raised. Lots of time outdoors in all kinds of weather, time to just be a kid instead of going from activity to activity like was so normal here in the U.S., and most importantly lots of unconditional love.

After I was full and Tuukka was done, Anthony came back and had the rest of my meal wrapped up to go. I had eaten just over half of it and knew for sure I would finish it in a few hours. We paid the bill, said goodnight to Ray and Jake and went towards home.

Once at home, I went up to change while Tuukka put my leftovers in the fridge. Once he was changed he found me in the nursery looking at the walls. “Rentoudu, me jo tiedämme, mitä värejä mennä minne. Voit mennä tytöt yli nähdä Stephanie kun me maalata huomenna. (Relax, we already know what colors go where. You can go to the girls over to see Stephanie when we paint tomorrow.)” He wrapped himself around me and cuddled close. “Älä naura Bergy jos hän tarvitsee soittaa ja tarkistaa asiat ovat hyviä hänen huomenna. (Do not laugh at Bergy if he needs to call and check things are good for her tomorrow.)”

As he was giving me advice, or maybe it was himself I wasn’t quite sure, I felt two quick and strong kicks. Grabbing his hand I put them where I had just felt them. “Tuntea hänen maalin. (Feel her kick)” She kicked three times at our hands, strong kicks.

He brought his other hand around and placed it on my belly. Again she kicked at his hand. “Menkäämme rentoutua ja antaa hänen potkia. Ehkä hän on pelaa jalkapalloa. (Let us go and relax and let her kick. Maybe she is playing football.)” He led me into the bedroom where we curled up with each other around our child. “Tämä on ensimmäinen kerta, kun olen tuntenut tätä. Katsooko hän potkia usein? (This is the first time I've felt this. Does she kick a lot?)”

I yawned as I nodded. “Joka ilta kun saan väsynyt, hän herää. (Every night when I get tired, she wakes up.)” I was falling asleep so it made sense that she would try to be more active now.

“Menkää ja nukkua. (Go ahead and sleep.)” He whispered as I felt the pull. I sleepily smiled at him and leaned over to kiss him. As I drifted off I felt him caress my growing belly and whisper. “Rakastan sinua tyttövauva. (I love you baby girl)”
♠ ♠ ♠
Questions, comments and all that are most welcome!