‹ Prequel: Would You Fall Too?

You Took My Heart by Surprise

17: I Don’t Want You To Go

“Have you given any thought to names?” Sergio posed from his spot on the couch, his dark eyes peeking over at Emilie who sat quietly beside him, her blue eyes darting across the page of one of the pregnancy books that Isla had purchased for her. It had been a quiet evening, after he’d arrived at her apartment earlier that day, Emilie had been reluctant to let him go, but Sergio didn’t mind. If anything, he had enjoyed sitting with her for a while, it was something he’d missed whilst they’d been apart.

“Names?” Emilie posed, stretching her legs a little.

“You know, for the babies” Sergio noted “I know we’re still a while off yet, but I wondered if you’d given it any thought” he added softly.

Emilie listened to him for a second before she set her book down, carefully crossing her legs beneath herself. “You have some ideas, don’t you?” she posed, a crooked smile on her face.

Sergio shrugged. “I might have been thinking” he noted impishly.

“And what did you come up with, Sergio?” Emilie posed as she brushed a hand over her bump, smiling a little at the feel of it.

Sergio watched her, not missing the small smile she wore, and leant in, stealing a quick kiss, something which made Emilie giggle. “What was that for?” she squeaked, pushing him back.

“You looked cute” he shrugged “And you can’t hold it against me. As your boyfriend, I get to do that when I want” he added, offering her an impish grin.

Emilie rolled her eyes. “You were talking about baby names” she prompted, nudging him slightly.

Sergio nodded. “I have a few” he noted gently “But I didn’t want to get ahead of us. Are you sure that you want to talk about this?” he posed gently. He knew that it was still a little difficult for her, even after their latest scan, Emilie still seemed to be reluctant to talk about her pregnancy, in particular with him, and the last thing he wanted to do was push her too far. She had a habit of freaking out over the slightest things and he didn’t want to ruin what had easily been one of their most comfortable days since the reconciliation of their relationship.

“They’re going to need names, Sergio” Emilie noted gently “You can talk about it” she added shyly.

Sergio offered her one more slightly dubious look before he nodded his head. “I was thinking that we could choose names that start with the same letter” he explained carefully, his eyes watching her face for a reaction.

Emilie nodded her head. “Did you have anything specific in mind?” she posed, her hand brushing over her bump once more. It was a habit of hers, since she’d told Sergio about the twins, he’d noticed that she tended to do it a lot, and he couldn’t help but think it was sweet. She was still scared, the look on her face whenever the word ‘baby’ or ‘twins’ came up in conversation confided it, but the little smile she got whenever she brushed her bump made him feel better. He was sure that with a little help, Emilie would be a wonderful mother when the time came.

“I like Ella” he noted softly “Or Olivia” he added.

“You thought of girls’ name first?” Emilie posed, her eyebrow raised a little.

Sergio offered her a slightly sarcastic look, something which made Emilie giggle.

“Do you have any ideas?” Sergio posed.

“I had given it a little thought” she admitted gently “I liked the name Leo for a boy” she added.

“Leo?” Sergio posed.

“My grandfather on my mother’s side is Leo, and I like it. Do you not?” she posed.

Sergio mouthed the word a couple of times, trying to get used to it.

“You don’t have to say yes” Emilie pointed out “We could easily pick something else. I like the idea of them having alliterative names, I think it’s cute, and of course they’d take your name” she added, her hands fiddling with the hem of her shirt.

“Yours and mine” Sergio corrected gently “Our twins are going to be Ramos Smith” he added.

Emilie tilted her head. “You’re sure?” she posed.

Sergio nodded his head. “Of course” he noted as though it was the most obvious thing in the world. He’d always thought that their twins would take both of their names, for him, it hadn’t even been in question.

Emilie smiled at him gently. “I like that” she admitted gently.

Sergio shifted a little and looped an arm around her, pulling her into a soft hug. “They’re as much mine as they are yours, and that should be reflected in their name, Em. They’re ours, not yours, not mine, ours” he assured her as he placed a kiss against her temple.

Emilie nodded. “You’re right” she mumbled.

“I tend to be” Sergio teased before he spared a little look down at his watch “I ought to go” he added, pulling away slightly from their embrace.

Emilie watched him as he got back to his feet before she reached her hand out, capturing his as he attempted to step away.

Sergio felt her hand and turned, offering her a slightly curious look.

“I don’t want you to go” she murmured shyly.

“What?” Sergio posed, trying not to seem too eager. If he was honest, he had been waiting for her to ask him to stay for a while, they’d been together for almost a month and every time he bought her home, a large part of him hoped she would ask him to stay. He knew it was her way, It’d taken months to get her to sleep in the same bed with him first time around, let alone to consider the idea of having sex with him, and he didn’t want to put it on her. Things were piling up, with their fractured relationship and the twins to think about, and he didn’t want to press her into doing something she might not have been ready for.

Emilie pushed a hand back through her hair. “I…I said I don’t want you to go” she mumbled “I’d like it if you stayed here” she added.

“You don’t sound sure about that” Sergio teased as he stepped a little closer to her, swinging their hands playfully.

Emilie shook her head. “It’s been nice, having you here today, and I’d rather you didn’t have to go” she mumbled.

Sergio nodded his slowly. “Can I tell you something?” he posed.

“If that thing is that you’re going home, you can just do it” Emilie replied, her hands fiddling with her shirt.

Sergio shook his head and knelt down, levelling his eyes with Emilie’s blues. “It wasn’t that” he noted gently “What I was going to say is that I have an overnight bag in the trunk of my car and I have had it there for the last 4 weeks” he noted.

Emilie tilted her head. “You do?” she posed.

“I kept hoping you’d ask” he shrugged gently.

“What would you have done if I didn’t?” Emilie posed, her expression growing softer and warmer.

“I pack it every time I come here. You’d have asked eventually” he teased “You can’t resist me forever” he added, kissing the side of her nose.

Emilie smiled at the touch and looped her arms around his neck, pulling him a little closer. “Sergio” she murmured.

“Emilie” he mocked.

Emilie sighed. “You know how I feel about you, right?” she posed, leaning back to mirror his eyes.

Sergio nodded his head. “I do” he confirmed “And I love you too” he grinned before he pecked her lips, pulling away to make his way down towards his car. Emilie watched him go and bit down on her lip, feeling ever more positive about them.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to FootieJo and Jayme112234 for the comments :)