One Night to Hear Your Heart

Cedar Hideaway

"So what's the difference between to Timber and Cedar suites?" Ed asked me as I lead him on his tour, I had shown him the kitchen, rec room, convention room, public saunas and the decks.

Now we were headed to the suites. "Well ones contemporary Cabin style and the other more rustic. Each one has there own special features to for it's occupants to find as a nice surprise" I explained stopping before the Cedar Suite door.

Ed took the handle and opened it. A aroma of warm roasting Pinecones and wine floated out of the door and Ed took in a deep breath of it as he stepped in.

It had extra plush carpet, and was fairly modern with wooden themes. He walked and gazed at the view outside before looking over the electric fireplace and testing the bed. He then looked at me grinning.

"Feels like a million dollar resort in here, it's so big" he said chuckling "What am I gonna do with all this space!" He joked. I smile at him. "Would you like to see the Timber suite?" I asked.

Ed laid back onto the bed in thick soft pillowy blankets and hugged a pillow. "Not a chance I am in love with this room I'll take it" he said sitting back up.

I couldn't help but giggle a bit at his reaction. Nodding I waited for him to meet me at the door. "Very well let's get you checked in!" His happy air was rubbing off on me.

Ed had Marcus bring in his things and after he left, Ed was busy calling agents, family, friends and the rest of his people. After that he had disappeared for a long while into his room.

It was a bit after lunch time when he finally came down. I had made myself busy setting up the parlor a room were most people enjoyed lunch with a view.

"I passed out there for a while" Ed said slipping into the parlor with a little yawn. I looked up at him and gave him a smile. "You are more than free to do that here" I said laying out Tea and a few club sandwiches on the table.

"That looks great" Ed said walking to my side, "good it's lunch for today" I said. Ed picked up a fry and munched on it. "Wow tastes like the chips back home" he added. "The cook must be good" I beamed "thanks! I was hoping that's how they turned out" I said maybe a bit to casually but it was hard to be too stuffy around him.

Ed stopped with a fry just inches from his lips. "You cooked?" He asked I nodded. "Come to think of it..." Ed said popping the fry in his mouth. "Are you the only one working here?" He asked.

I often got this in Lala'Belle's more active days.

"Yes, it's a bed and breakfast, but also my home. So being that I live alone, I work alone. It also makes it more private and homey." I said. Ed smiled "Well I will try not to work you to much" he said taking a seat.

I smiled a bit and nodded. "Would you mind joining me?" He asked as I went to walk off. "Company would be nice" he said I smiled at him and sat down and tried to strike a conversation.