Harry Potter and the Maleficent Malfoy

Camel

Millicent had returned from the weighing of her wand. Crouch's words still lingering. It wasn't really a clue but it was all that had been offered to them as champions.

" The first task is designed to test your daring, so we are not going to be telling you what it is. Courage in the face of the unknown is an important quality in a wizard... very important" He had said.

"Poor cowardly me" Millicent thought. There was only a hand full of days before the first task. She was running out of time to prepare herself.

In the hall she passed Viktor, who looked unusually pale. "Are you alright you look like a ghost?" She asked. Viktor looked down at her conflicted. "I m sorry Millie I must speak with my Headmaster" he said before brushing past her. Millicent huffed and crossed her arms "Well" she said indignantly.

*******

November 22nd, it was mid day and in the dungeon halls of Hogwarts Lucius and Snape talked heatedly.

Millicent was just returning from the library deep in thought when she heard shouting.

"I do not care about wizard tri-cup rules! And he will have your head if!" Lucius yelled. Millicent looked up and Smiled "daddy?" she called happily.

Lucius quieted down and turned to face her smiling and opening his arms wide. "Princess!" He called as Millicent ran to him, he hugged her, picked her up and twirled her around like she was 5 all over again.

Millicent teared up as he ser her down, "What am I going to do?" She asked. Lucius patted her head, smoothing out staticy strands of hair. He kissed Millicent's forehead and slipped a small piece of paper in her hands whispering "visit the restricted section of the library, you want 100 scaley secrets"

Millicent looked at her father confused as he stood straight and smiled down at her. "I must be going" he said "Severus" he said coldly in farewell to Snape. "Bye Daddy!" Millicent called.

Once back in the safety of the common room Millicent looked at the small piece of paper. It read one thing. "Dragons"

Millicent could feel her blood run cold. Maybe this was why Viktor looked so pale the other day.

"Millie?" Marcus asked strolling into the common room with a few of his friends. he spotted Millicent looking at a piece of paper her face as pale as the paper it's self. "Millie?" he asked again waving off his friends as he went to her side. but she didn't notice him.

" surely it couldn't be real dragons. maybe it just has something to do with them. like scales, eggs or teeth..." She told herself but her heart still pounded unevenly in her chest?

"Millicent!" Marcus shouted, Millicent yelped and jumped out of her skin startled. "Flint!" she gasped in both anger and relief. she had half expected him to be a dragon.

"Millie, what've you got there?" Marcus asked, prying the paper from her fingers. "Dragons" his lips read silently. He looked at her "is this a clue to the first test?" he asked his face suddenly very serious. Millicent nodded "I think so, Daddy gave it to me today. He said to go to the library and find a book called 100 scaley secrets" she explained. Marcus stood up "the restricted section" he said holding out a hand for her to take.

"come on, I know someone who can get us in" he said, and with that Millicent took his hand and followed him out of the common room.

"Marcus? where are we going?" she asked as she found herself in an unfamiliar place in the dungeons. they were in front of a small broom closet. Marcus didn't reply but knocked on the door in some sort of code. Millicent took note of the pattern of the knock and tried her best to remember it.

shortly after knocking, the door opened, but no one was there.

"Master Flint?" a pitchy and scratchy voice rasped.

Millicent looked down, there had been someone there after all, a hunch backed little House Elf. he had age spots everywhere and a large beak like nose. his ears were torn and one eye was capped over an eerie milky white implying he was blind in that eye. her wore a fading fraying burlap potato sack and a perplexed scowl on his face.

" Camel, I need you to retrieve me a book" Marcus demanded. Millicent watched silently as the House Elf Camel smiled nearly from ear to ear " You want Camel to go sneaking? Camel loves sneaking" He sounded absolutely giddy. "Shh!" Marcus hissed "no one must know about this, now do you know where to find '100 Scaley Secrets' ?" He asked Camel. Camel thought hard for a moment, his brows knitting together so tight that it made one large fuzzy brow. Camel sucked on his teeth and squinted his eyes.

Marcus arched a brow "well Camel?" he asked impenitently "Give us a moment!" Camel said in a rasping shrill. Millicent scowled "watch the way you speak to your inferior, you decrepit old-" Millicent was calmed as Marcus gestured that it was alright. she still shook her head in disapproval. but it seemed that Marcus was very well used to this.

"Yes, yes! Camel remembers, down to the row and book number!" Camel cheered "Quiet!" Marcus hushed Camel covered his mouth and looked right and left. but the truth was they were the only ones in the dungeon halls at the moment. "good, Camel we need the book by tonight, can you do that? bring it to the common room just before dinner starts" Marcus said. "yes, yes, Camel shall" the House Elf said. with that Marcus gave and nod and lead Millicent away.

Millicent stole one last glance at Camel before he vanish back into the broom closet.

She looked up to Marcus tugging on the sleeve of his robe. "hey! can that crazy ill bodied thing be trusted?" she asked. Marcus nodded "Camel's been working for my family for over 100 years now" He said "those things live that long?" she asked with wide eyes. "no wonder he looks like a mummy, he practically IS a mummy!" Millicent gasped. Marcus chuckled at her "come on, we will be late for lunch" He stated allowing her to go before him up the stairs to the main level of the castle.