Free Bird

fun town [1.3]

As the ride come to a stop, Holly took Tig's hands as he helped her out of the seat she had been sitting on. The carnival was in town, and Holly was beyond excited - she didn't care about the fact she wasn't a child, she was having fun and it was taking her mind off of all the drama.

Following the others, they all stopped once Clay started to greet one of his friends.

"Elliot" he nodded towards the businessman, before smiling to his wife and daughter.

"Clay" he returned the nod, as the two males shook hands. Holly studied the family, still unfamiliar with them.

"Mum, I'm gonna go on the spinning ride again" the daughter, Tristen, informed her mother, Karen, as she tucked a piece of hair behind her ear.

"Not again, that's enough rides for today. You'll end up being sick all over the place" Karen shook her head, with a disapproving look.

"Here, take my tokens. They kicked me off for screaming too loudly" Holly extended her hand, as Tristen took the pieces of paper.

"Thanks" she grinned, before hurrying off towards the ride. Holly turned her head to watch her, remembering when she was her age and being here with Jax.

Shaking her thoughts away, she turned her attention back to the conversation.

"We must get going now, Elliot" Karen tugged at the males arm, before he excused himself and walked off with her. Gemma scoffed, and Holly sensed there was tension between the two. But why exactly, she didn't know. She wasn't game enough to ask, either. Walking off with Jax and Tig, Holly looked up as they passed a dunk-tank and decided to have a go.

"Aw! Does the little biker girl think she can dunk the clown?" the male sitting on the seat called out, as Holly narrowed her eyes and tilted her head.

Throwing the first ball, it missed and the clown started to call things out again. Tig and Jax gave her words of encouragement. Throwing the next, it just missed again.

"I bet your leather-clad butt buddies will do just as bad as you!" the clown laughed, as Tig and Jax raised their eyebrows.

"Oh, you've really crossed the line now" Holly growled, storming towards the tank with both Tig and Jax following her. Hitting the button, she ignored the clowns protests and apologies as he fell into the water.

Jax and Tig held him down in the tank, as Holly placed her foot onto his head and pushed him down. Once he re-surfaced, looking creepier than before with his smudged face paint, Holly smirked.

"Have yourself a real nice day, and think about your choice in words" she used a sickly-sweet tone, before hopping down from the tank. Juice came over, laughing at the clown before speaking to the others.

"The Irish will be here soon, it's time to get back to the club" he informed, as Holly frowned and made her way to the parking lot. The drive back didn't take long, as mostly everyone was still back at the carnival.

"Anyone think Half-Sacks ready?" Clay asked, as everyone turned to watch the male sweeping the garage floor.

"I haven't known him for long, but I trust him. He's a good kid... He'll learn soon enough" Holly answered, as the others nodded in agreement. Clay called him over, as the Irish pulled into the lot. Holly bit her lip, not knowing what to expect.

As the large truck come to a stop, the driver - who Clay introduced as Michael - stepped out and climbed onto the back and handed a barrel down to Tig. Opening it up, Clay looked inside.

"Beautiful" he grinned, inspecting the contents and admiring the guns.

Moving into the Clubhouse, everyone sat around one of the tables. Bringing a tray full of glasses of beer over, Holly set it down and started to hand them out. Instead of sitting with them, she sat at the bar and started to look through the photographs again.

Noticing this, Jax got up and walked over - disregarding the look Clay was giving him - and took a seat next the blonde.

"So, you got any idea who's behind this?" he asked, raising an eyebrow before sipping some beer.

Deep in thought, Holly jumped once she noticed he had spoken - or even sat down - and shook her head.

"Listen, I appreciate the fact that you want to help... But I'm sure this is just one of the guys trying to spook me. I can't think of anyone who'd want to do this" Holly sighed, although it wasn't entirely true.

"You're not getting rid of me that easily, darling" Jax shook his head, taking some of the photos from her "We're not letting this creep get away scot-free" he promised, as Holly watched him study the photograph in his hands.

"I suppose you'll be teaching them a lesson?" Holly arched a brow, thinking all the things Jax had done in the past.

"You know it" he smirked, with a brief nod.



"Excuse me?" Holly looked up as she heard someone knocking on the door to the office, recognising him as Elliot - or Mr Oswald "Are Clay and Jackson around? I need to speak to them, pretty urgently" he explained, as Holly stood up from the seat she had been sitting on.

"Take a seat, I'll go and get them for you" Holly promised with a friendly smile, before walking through the office and into the garage. Neither of them were there, so she headed into the clubhouse "Jax? Clay?" she called out, hearing voices coming from the Chapel.

Walking over, she poked her head through the door.

"Hey, uh, sorry to interrupt, but Mr Oswald is in the office and wants to talk to you two urgently - he seems pretty shaken up" Holly informed the two males, before they got up and followed Holly back out to the office.

Giving them some space, Holly went back into the garage whilst they talked. It seemed like a private conversation, plus he had asked to speak to Clay and Jax - not her. Several minutes passed, and Holly looked up to see Elliot shaking hands with Clay and then leaving the office.

"C'mon, meeting in the Chapel" Jax called from the doorway, as Holly nodded and made her way over to him "Find any more information?" he asked the girl, as they walked side-by-side into the clubhouse. Shaking her head, Jax frowned and took his seat.

He couldn't help but feel as if she were lying to him, but he didn't want to push her away.

"Something happened last night... something I don't want happening in my town" Clay started, as he crossed his arms and leaned onto the desk "A young and innocent girl, Tristen Oswald, was attacked. Her jaw was busted, and she was stranded... The police, as usual, are providing useless help. They got Hale searching, but don't get your hopes up - he's as useful as a bicycle for a fish" Clay paused to frown "We're going to search for this animal - but we bring him to Oswald first" he explained, before Tig butted in.

"Look, I'm all for catching this creep... But we owe those Irish twenty-thousand dollars, I don't think we have time to play Sherlock" Tig leaned back in his chair, knowing the others wouldn't be on board with his opinion.

"She was thirteen!" Holly exclaimed, furious. If the others decided to take Tig's side, she wouldn't be able to forgive them for a long time. She would have to take matters into her own hands and go after him herself "What if this was one of your daughters?!" the blonde added, with a questioning look.

"Look, I know she was only thirteen... But what I'm trying to say is - why should we all put our arses on the line for some out of towner who doesn't give a shit about Sam Crow?" Tig tried to back his argument up, only making Holly angrier.

"An out of towner who came to this club instead of the police - that means something to me" Clay answered, as the others - all but Tig - nodded in agreement "If anyone wants to pass on this, go ahead... but know you're making a very big mistake. And you have blondie over there to deal with" he warned, mostly to Tig.

"You know I'm definitely in" Holly raised her hand, glancing over to Jax with an expectant look.

"I'm in, 100%" he nodded, meeting Holly's gaze.

"Me too" Bobby and Juice added simultaneously.

"I'm in too!" Chibs exclaimed, practically shouting in Tigs face - in a playful way, that is.

"... Okay, okay - I'm in too" Tig was last to confirm "Let's get this ratbag" he added, as Holly flashed a victorious smile.

As the meeting ended, the club walked outside to continue with their business. Holly noticed Hale's jeep and a police car pulling into the lot.

"We have company" she announced, as Clay followed her pointing finger to the cars.

"We're here to investigate an assault that took place last night at the carnival, we'll need to talk to all of the guys who were present. If they aren't here now, get them here" Deputy Hale demanded, as he walked over with two officers trailing behind.

"Are you serious?" Jax groaned, shifting his weight to one side.

"Why would I joke about such a thing? Now, these officers will be taking your statements... It'll take a few hours" Deputy Hale explained, as Holly stepped out of the crowd.

"I don't suppose you see me as a suspect?" she questioned, as Hale let out a sigh "Good. I'll see you guys later" she spoke to the others, before heading over to her car.

Obviously Hale was trying to keep the others here, and not out looking. Alas, there was no way he could stop her. Hearing her phone ring, Holly answered the call without bothering to check the caller ID.

"You're a tough girl to track down, you kno-" the male on the other end started, before Holly quickly ended the call. How did he get her number?

"Everything okay?" Gemma questioned, as she got out of her car to see Holly's actions.

"Yeah, just a stupid prank call" Holly laughed it off, tucking her phone into her bag again "I've gotta go, I'll see you later" she waved goodbye, before getting into her car. Just as she was about to leave, Jax knocked on her window.

"Follow Hale, keep tabs on him and report back to me" he quickly informed her, before being pulled away by one of the sheriffs. Waiting until Hale left, Holly followed behind him with enough distance to see him and for him to not realise.

She followed him all the way to the carnival, and watched as he talked to a bunch of men sitting outside one of the camper vans. Texting Jax the update, it was over an hour before the others pulled up on their bikes. Getting out of the car, Holly leaned against the door and sighed.

"He's been talking to those carnies for over an hour now..." she looked back over to them, with an irritated look. Hale began to walk off, and Jax looked over to Holly.

"Keep an eye on him, I don't want you around these guys" he ordered Holly, as she rolled her eyes and got back into her car slowly, on purpose. Smirking, Jax watched as she opened her mouth to protest "He's getting away..." he noted, as she made a face.

"Oops" she mimicked his smirking, before starting her car up.

Pulling out of the parking space - more like speeding back, she turned the car without a care - which almost ended in here smashing into a tree - she started to follow the green Jeep again.

"It's a wonder she hasn't gotten her arse thrown into jail, the way she drives like a maniac" Bobby laughed, as they watched her speeding up the road.

"That would be a shame, because it's a nice arse" Half-Sack tried joining the conversation, as Tig nodded in agreement.

"What?" Jax raised his eyebrow at the two, as Tig hid behind Bobby.

"I mean, what I'm trying to say is... I- she's a good looking girl, yeah? And you know what happens to people like that in the slammer?" Half-Sack shifted nervously, as Jax's eyes narrowed on him "I'm sorry, I was just... Just trying to be funny" Half-Sack admitted quietly, as he looked away.



"All ready to go?" Chibs asked Holly, as she finished zipping a bag of AK's up. Slinging it over her shoulder, she nodded in response to his question. Walking out to the van, Holly climbed into the back and took a seat next to Jax and across from Tig.

Chibs got in the front, and instructed Clay to head off. Leaning her head back, Holly shut her eyes and tried to focus on what they were about to do. But all she could think about was the phone call and the photo's, and she started to feel sick.

"You okay there, Holly?" Tig asked, as she opened her eyes and nodded. The rest of the trip was spent going over the plans, and making sure everything was set. Pulling the van up, everyone got out and headed through the bush behind the ranch they were about to descend on.

Placing the bag down, Holly crouched behind a tree to inspect with the others. Noticing the full parking lot, she sighed.

"It's a full house, boys" she directed their attention towards what she had seen, whilst she zipped her hoodie up.

"The two on the porch are armed, not sure about the two at the back" Clay noted, in a hushed tone "Jax and Holly, you take down the guys at the front - Tig, we'll take the others. Let's go" he instructed, before sneaking off with Tig.

Crouching down, Jax unzipped the bag and looked through. He started to panic as he couldn't find the clips.

"No clips..." he shook his head, letting go of the bag and narrowing his eyes at Holly "You never listen to me, I tell you to bring the clips - and you don't. I tell you to-" Jax began ranting, and Holly silenced him.

"Shut up, will you? Juice was the one who packed the bag, I simply carried it out to the van and then out here" she growled, shifting quietly "Besides, you're the one who never listens!" she added, whisper-yelling.

"I never listen? I always listened to you-" Jax continued to argue, picking the bag up. Holly didn't bother to stick around and listen to him, and started to walk off without him instead.

She crept along the outside of the building hoping the two watchmen wouldn't turn around and catch her - she hadn't turned to see if Jax was behind her yet, and quite frankly she didn't care at the moment.

Swinging her gun around and smacking it across one of the mens faces, he let out a 'oomph' sound and fell to the ground. Jax took on the other, by putting him in a headlock and knocking him out. Tig and Clay soon joined, and they passed them a gun each.

"There's no clip?!" Tig complained, as Jax raised his eyebrows with a look to suggest who's fault it was "God damn Juice" Tig shook his head, as Holly gave a 'told-you-so' look to Jax.

"Take a door, and count to twenty" Clay ordered, as everyone spread out. Once they all reached twenty, they kicked each door down and entered with their guns pointed up.

But what they stumbled upon wasn't what they were expecting at all - a priest stood in the middle of the lounge room, reading aloud to a bunch of men.

"Bang?" Holly shrugged innocently, as she dropped her arm down to her side. Jax rolled his eyes, doing the same. Moving outside, Clay began to apologise to the man they had come here to see - the one they thought had attacked Tristen.

"Bad information... You let this slide, and we'll let the illegal dogs slide" Clay raised an eyebrow, as the two shook hands and agreed on it. The priest started to call out after them, saying it 'was not too late for Jesus Christ.'



Pulling up outside St. Thomas, Jax got out of Holly's car before giving her an expectant look.

"Well c'mon, what are you waiting for?" he asked, not moving until she hesitantly got out of the car. She didn't particularly want to go in, mostly because she felt weird about visiting a child she'd always thought she would have given Jax - his first born.

Following the male through the hospital, Jax stopped outside a room and looked into the window to see Gemma was sitting there reading to the baby. Noticing them standing there, Gemma came out and gave a hug to Holly and then greeted Jax.

"How'd it go today?" Gemma questioned a sighing Jax, as they leaned against the window.

"Dead end. But at least we're one step closer, by crossing him off" Holly answered honestly, with a small shrug.

"Well, your junkie is awake" Gemma looked to Jax, as he shook his head.

"Don't call her that, she has a name" he warned, before Gemma apologised.

"I'll leave you kids to it, I got some shit to sort out in the office" Gemma excused herself, before wandering down the corridor. Jax turned his attention back to Abel, and smiled faintly.

"You think he can really hear us when we talk to him?" he asked Holly, who bit her lip as she observed the little boy.

"I do..." she nodded, looking up as the doors leading out shut and Elliot appeared. The blonde pointed to the room, and Jax gave her a nod in understanding before she headed inside. Picking up the book, she started to read from where she assumed Gemma had left off.

"You find the guy yet?" Elliot inquired, as Jax shook his head.

"Not yet... I think you should talk to your daughter again. We have to dig deeper, anything will help..." Jax answered, but Elliot shook his head.

"I told you, she doesn't remember anything after the ride. She's in shock, she needs to rest" Elliot sighed.

"Look, right now she's our only shot hope for finding this guy... Maybe she could talk to Holly? Relate to her easier than some cop?" Jax suggested, waiting for an answer. He finally gave in, and nodded.

"Okay, fine... I'll have to distract Karen somehow. This better work - I want you to find this asshole" Elliot demanded, before turning on his heels and heading back out of the doors.



Opening the door to Tristens room quietly, Holly entered and shut the door behind her.

"Hey... Sorry to bother. I just wanted to check up on you" she informed the girl, who looked up from her phone startled.

"Were you the one at the carnival yesterday? My mum said to text her if anyone comes in..." Tristen looked down at the phone shyly, starting to text. Holly quickly placed her hand over the screen and shook her head.

"Don't worry, I'm a friend of your fathers. And yes, that was me yesterday - my name is Holly" Holly answered, as she took a seat next to the bed. Tristen seemed to relax slightly, as she placed the phone down to listen to the blonde "He told me what happened... Sweetie, I'm so sorry you had to go through that" she frowned "I know you've been asked so many questions - I had all of those same questions asked when it happened to me, a few years ago. I was scared, and tired... so, so, tired. I just wanted them to stop asking me things, so you know what I did?" Holly raised an eyebrow, as Tristen shrugged.

"Ignored them?" Tristen asked, with a small shrug.

"I told them everything... Every little detail, no matter how big or small. Even if you're terrified, even if you are scared. Just be honest, and it'll all be okay" Holly answered, a small smile forming. Getting up from her seat, Holly walked towards the door.

"H-Holly?" Tristen called out, her voice slightly breaking. Turning around, Holly waited for the girl to continue "It was a guy from the carnival... one of the workers, he was fat and dressed like a clown" Tristen explained, as Holly felt like a weight had been lifted off of her shoulders. Thanking the girl, Holly left the room and walked over to Jax.

"C'mon, it's time to give our carnival friends a visit" Holly informed the male, as she lead the way out. Looking to her right, she spotted Hale.

Without a word, the two left the building. Before leaving, Holly let down one of the tyres on Hale's jeep - knowing he would be out any minute now to get to the carnival before them. On the drive over, Jax called Clay and the others to let them know he and Holly were on their way.

"Hey, thanks for talking to her. How'd you get her to talk? You didn't pull any weapons out did you?" Jax quizzed Holly.

"Yeah, I went in all guns blazing" Holly rolled her eyes "I spoke from personal experience, she could relate and well, you know the rest" the blonde added as she shrugged.

"Personal experience?" Jax raised his eyebrows "You never told me..." the male frowned.

"It wasn't exactly news I wanted to broadcast. Besides, it's all been dealt with" Holly explained vaguely.

"Shit, did you kill the guy?" Jax questioned, both furious that someone had done that to her and sorry that she had to go through it.

"No. Not yet, anyway" she shrugged.

"So he's still out there?" Jax questioned, noticing Holly's grip tightening around the steering wheel.

"Unfortunately" she sighed.

Once at the carnival, everyone climbed over the fence and headed to the ferris wheel. Switching the ride on, it didn't take long for the group of carnies to walk over and inspect. As they came into view, Holly and the other men made their way towards the others to meet them half way.

"One of you is a fugitive..." Jax announced, with an amused look on his face "So that means it's time to make a citizens arrest" he added, before swinging a fist at the old man in front of him. Taking one person on each, a fight broke out.

"Your friends are going to lose, Barbie" one of carnies laughed as he looked down at Holly. She simply shrugged, before answering.

"Between now and them, I'm gonna fuck you up" she sent her fist flying forward, hitting the male square in the nose. Once he fell back, startled, she continued to hit him.

"Shit!" Chibs yelled out, as Holly turned to see one of them running - slowly - away. Punching the male one last time, she got up and ran towards the male trying to make a run for it.

Jumping into the air, she tackled the man and fell onto the ground.

"C'mon, get up you fat fuck" Holly jerked her head back as she got off the male and pulled him up.

"What did you call me? You little bitch" he grumbled in response, as he tried wriggling out of her strong grip.

"I called you a fat fuck and unless you want me to add 'dead' in front of that, I'd shut that mouth of yours up" Holly warned sternly, as she pushed him forward as they walked back to the van. Shoving him in the back, Holly sat in the front with Clay as they drove towards the woods.

"Stay here, this is going to be gruesome" Clay advised as they pulled up, and got out of the van. Holly frowned, turning on the radio and listening to it quietly.

She knew Clay would have no problem with her being there, and it was most likely Jax who had asked him to keep her there.

She was starting to get sick and tired of Jax trying to protect her all the time, especially when he was so hot and cold with her.



"Excuse me, could I please speak to whoever is in charge around here?" Deputy Hale looked up from the reception desk to see a tall man, younger than himself, waiting patiently.

"Well, at the moment that's me. Deputy Hale, what can I do for you?" Hale asked, placing his hands on his hips. The other man clearly wasn't from around here.

"Agent Joshua Kohn" the man introduced himself, producing his badge "I'm here to work on a case regarding the Son's Of Anarchy motorcycle club" Joshua explained, picking up his briefcase.

"Ah I see, welcome to Charming... Detective" Hale smiled, leading the male to his office.

"I'll need all you have on the members, I understand one of the members has returned... Holly Morelli?" Joshua informed Hale with a raised eyebrow, as he nodded.

"Take a seat, I'll get them for you" Hale answered.
♠ ♠ ♠
a/n: hope you enjoyed x

is everyone liking this book so far?

agent kohn will be played by henry cavill