Darkness and Madness

Chapter 3: The great chase, fighting is not the only answer

As I exited the house, or now that outside it was more like a big hut or huge shake in the middle of the woods. A pillar of light shot up to the sky from a small cellar window.
“That can’t be good.” I muttered then my hand was tugged I looked down to see a blob of purple mist with one gold eye, it also had hands, but there were no legs or arms
it spoke with a high crackly voice “We must go immediately!”
“Why?” Then Aris’ voice rang in my head
“Because Imperious and elder Tobin are coming” It wheezed “They are the most powerful beings, well that aren't dead or gods…. They are coming here, they’re too powerful for you here we need to move.”
“Then let’s-” I was cut off when a big ball of gold light appeared right in front of us. When the light faded a armored angel with a giant sword and a old man stood in front of us. Both had a pair of bluish white wings, but they were different in appearance. the armor one I think was Imperious his were bigger and had more muscle to them, where the old one I thought he was Tobin’s were smaller, older, and were more bony.
“Were dead. Well I had a good couple hours of life how about you?.” the Mist thing wheezed before climbing up to my shoulder.
The two stared at me Imperious’ helmet two eye holes, and a split down the middle, but his face could not be seen except for two ice blue orbs where his eyes were.
Imperious was the first to break the silence with a metallic voice raising his sword toward me, “Where is Aris and the others darkness dog?”
Tobin cut in as he finished, “Imperious don’t be so brash, and so eager to start a fight.” Tobin looked at me then the hut or the shake or whatever it is “You. Do you know where our friends are? Don’t worry we shall not hurt you.”
“Unless he get in your way that is.” Imperious added tightening his sword that had no middle to it the two blades seem to be radiating with a menacing yellow glow.

Yea I know it sounds weird, When I first saw it I honestly thought it was a giant steak fork or something. Oh you found that funny huh? I see you're trying to contain a laugh. No? Well you’re also a bad liar, but I digress back to the story shall we?

The mist thing answered, “In the hut, we were just passing through.”
Tobin walked with a light blue cane, “A misty soul, I haven’t seen your kind in about a couple thousand years.”
“Ten thousand to be exact Elder Tobin”
“It been that long eh? Well at least I have another story to write about and add to the great library. what shall I name it? Maybe the next mist or mist souls come to live again?”
Imperious butted in seeming like me and wanting to end this conversation that we were caught in the middle of, “Tobin it is nice so see these…. ‘things’ are coming back, but no one calls us in for talking there’s obviously something wrong.”
“Imperious don’t be so quick you have to have patients this maybe a break in new history.” Tobin pointed out while studying the mist, “This might be why they called us here or maybe it’s just Mike and Troy again.”
Imperious sighed, “It better not be those two babies again, but if it was for a thought to be extinct race they wouldn’t have called me in, I’m one of the- no I should say ‘the’ strongest warrior the light has to offer.”
Then we heard a window smash and Mike yelled, “He captured Aris!”
Way to put meat around my neck and throw me into a sea of wolves Mike, then the Mist squeaked “Were dead.”
Imperious stared at me with such ferocity I thought I would be turned to stone. I ran right into the woods blindly, Imperious giving chase in hot pursuit his wing beating like a hurricane. I don’t know how far I ran or how long, but soon the trees were starting to wilt, like I was running through the seasons. The Mist spoke again but with a smidge of hope in his voice, “Keep running if we can get past the fourth gate he shouldn’t be able to follow us!” So I did what I was told I just kept running. Then I spotted a grey stone wall and gate “There it is! All you have to do is get through it or over it.”
I was panting and barely got my words out with my hands on my armored knees, “How….. am….. I going….. to… get over…. That beast?”
“Climb it of course? Or get through the gate.”
“Yeah… through the gate…… I’m not making it over it in this condition.” I said through gasps of the cold life giving air that had a almost acidic taste to it.
I got to the gate wall, but soon as I got there a voice called from above, “Eh, What are you doing on this side darkness scum?”
Before I could even open my mouth Imperious shouted and exploded from the forest, “Stop him!”
Imperious was still rocketing to me, but I held my ground and turned to Imperious then the Mist talked again worry clear in his plead, “What are you doing! Please for what I- uh I- I mean what ‘We’ live for move out of the way!” I still didn’t move, I turned to him and he had both of his floating hands over his one pale eye. When Imperious was just inches from me time literally stopped. Everything was a bit duller, bright blues and reds were dull, and almost a grey.

No I’m not joking everything else stopped! Leaves were suspended in mid fall, rain in mid drop, and Imperious was just floating there. I was saved again by some super powers I had, but I soon came to know it as magic but I’m getting ahead of myself.

I tried to move, but I couldn’t. Some type of force was keeping me by my shoulder there. I looked to the mist thing to see he was also frozen in time, when I tried to pry him off his color came back to him and he started shaking. then he started to mutter
“I don’t want to die, I don’t want to die.” he muttered it over and over till I nudged him again, he opened his hands to peer into the frozen world, “Is this what death is like?” he questioned then he looked at me, “Are we alive”
I shrugged in response looking around, but then something in me started to tick. I heard a clock begin to tick in my head. Ten ticks passed color started to return to the frozen dull world, thirty ticks passed everything was back to it’s original color, sixty ticks passed sound and slow movement came back. Then it hit me like a ton of bricks being dumped on my head.

I jumped out of the way crashing into the dirt beside me. Imperious crashed into the gate, the gate imploded bits of wood and metal flying in every direction. The walls surrounding the gate crack split through them as if the gate suddenly grew veins. The two guards on top of the walls were thrown off both of them lading with a clang as their armor hit the dirt and rocks.
The mist spoke again in a delighted tone and he was reading my mind completely, “Yes! Now through the gate hurry!”
“You took the words right out of my mouth.” I said in the deep voice replacing my own, but this time they were my own words this time. I ran through the open gate thanks to Imperious, but then four glowing white chains wrapped around my torso. I cursed under my breath, “Why now?!”
The Mist again spoke hope draining from his voice he only uttered one name, “Elder Tobin.”
I looked behind me and he was there Elder Tobin was standing at the edge of the wilted forest, the same glowing chains coming from his robe sleeves, “Not so fast. You don’t want to do this son. It will be worse if you run.” The chains started to retract into his robe and I was getting pulled back, they had unlimited strength or Tobin had a lot of muscle under his scrawny body. Then my black misty tentacles came through my back, and started to wrap around Tobin’s chains. The chains started to lose their glow as the tentacles started to wrap around them more and more. The tentacles started to head toward Tobin as they stretched infinitely toward him. Suddenly Tobin’s eyes widened in shock, he tried to release me, but to no avail. The tentacles got to Tobin and did similar suit like Tobin’s chains, they wrapped around Tobin. The same thing started to happen to Tobin like my touch did to Aris. His own glow dimmed he started to gasp for air, but this time instead of me weakening I could feel a bit of energy flowing into me. “Release…. Me.” Tobin pleaded through his gasps.
Out of nowhere Imperious flew in and used his blade to cut Tobin’s chains and my own tentacles. I felt a bone crushing pain raced through my body as I yelled in pain. The tentacles started to ooze out a grey shiny liquid and I just put two and two together. I bolted toward the wasteland that I was supposedly able to lose Imperious with.
******
By the time I stopped running the sun was nearly setting. I felt weak and light headed and the Mist took notice “I think you should stop at that cave up there alright?”
I tried to respond, but I collapsed too weak to keep going, I looked behind me to see a grey shiny trail behind me and the tentacles cut till they only reached my waist. The burnt grass I collapsed in were starting to block my visor.
The mist started to panic, “Oh no! You're not well-uh uh I- I don’t know what to do!” Then I heard a wolf howl. “This isn’t good this wasn’t the side I remember... We need to go, come on stand up!”
I pushed myself up I stood on wobbly legs, and my vision spun, “I got this.” I muttered weakly as I fell to one knee, “No I don’t”
“I can’t fight, I’m basically just mist.” then he sighed, “But they can still see me and I’ll lead them away from you. So new friend see you on the other side.”
I spoke up “No friend dies alone. We die together, it’s the least I could do for what you did for me so far.”
He again landed on my shoulder and we waited for the inevitable, we heard the animals rush down the hill, but then they stopped and started sniffing. I looked at one of them and then I thought I had officially lost my mind. The wolf talked

I’m not kidding, the wolf talked it spoke words that I could understand. All I have to say is it was friendly, well when it found out what I was that is…..
♠ ♠ ♠
Well here is another chapter. So if you are a fan or just reading my other story In Love With the Man Hunter the next chapter will be out soon so yeah. Hope you are all doing well, and that's about it for me... If you may not know what this is (****) I'm just using it as a break in the text to show time is passing. You all probably already know this but I'm going to say it anyway. See you all next time.