Darkness and Madness

Chapter 4: Friend or Foe it's Still a Rescue

The mist shut his eye, and tightened his grip on my shoulder as the barks, snarls, and howls got closer. Their sound grew till they were right next to us, but then just stopped. I also had my eyes shut, then the mist whispered, “Are you doing the time freezing thing again?”
I opened my eyes to see the wolves were not frozen, but seemed to be trying to figure out something about the mist and I, “No I’m not, something's up.”
The wolves just sat and stood there before one of them spoke with a broken speech, “You, made of darkness?”
I nodded then another wolf whispered to the first one, “Brother, this new dark hurt, should bring him to camp and show to alpha.”
The first wolf spoke again, “You come, follow us.”
I tried to speak, but the mist spoke for me, “My friend here is gravely injured, he can barely keep himself off the ground.”
Then I felt another wolf sniff my back where the tentacles were then he spoke “This one’s wounds smell of Imperious’ blade brother!”
Another wolf gasped, many of them began to whisper to one another. The first wolf spoke, “Use teleport Raze, this one needs help quickly.”
Out of nowhere my vision turned blue, and as it faded we were at some makeshift camp. The camp was a mess it obviously was quickly strung together. Many of the wolves seemed starved others injured. The mist spoke again, “Oh by the darkness horde. What has happened here this use to be so different.”
In the Mist’s voice it sounded like this place was suppose to be lush and green, birds chirping through the trees, and so on. Now all that was left was burnt grass, barren trees, and cold ash air. My head began to spin again, I dropped down to one knees as another called for some other wolf, “Crang this one needs help!”
A another wolf spoke in a female Irish voice coming from a grassy tunnel “Send him in with the rest.”
The wolf that first spoke before sighed, “Well you better go in there.”
I nodded and basically hobbling into the surprisingly large tunnel. The only bad thing was there was more injured and starved in that tunnel. There were about twenty-seven that I could count before a sliver wolf and a black pup caught up to me tenting the others. The silver one spoke with the accent “Who’s the one who needed help?”
I spoke up with my deep voice, “It was me” After I spoke the pup pushed closer to the silver wolf as if I was some sort of monster or something.
The silver one seemed equally shocked, she spoke in a shaky voice, “Uh-uh What- what’s the matter?”
I was just about to speak before a rush of dizziness hit me I dropped down to my knees. Another wolf came in the second wolf who had spoken before in a flat tone, “This one was struck by Imperious’ blade, and survived. He has lived even when facing Imperious’ blade.”
In the mentioning of Imperious’ blade she visibly stiffened. She muttered, “Am I hearing this right?” She took in a gulp of air, “He took a hit from Imperious’ blade and lived through it?”
The second on spoke again, “Yes you did Crang…… I think you know what we have to do.”
She or Crang nodded, before heading further into the tunnel. “Follow me”
I hobbled with her, until we came to a cave with ponds in craters. The water had a glowing green tint to it, something inside me told me that it wasn’t just regular water. I felt even weaker like I was going to collapse right then and there, I heard someone say something, but I couldn’t make out their words. My eyes became heavier and heavier, I collapsed into the water it felt warm, but cold at the sametime. I suddenly felt a rush of energy. I pushed myself up above the water faster than I expected, as I hit the top of the water the deep voice again spoke on it’s own as it let out a roar the misty tentacles were back.
The mist spoke as my little scene ended, “So does that mean you're better now?”
I nodded breathing in the crisp cold cave air, the only noise in the cave was breathing and the faint pitter patter of water. “I guess it does.” I said before hearing a faint scream, but it was so faint I thought I was just hearing things, before I heard another. “Do you hear that?” I muttered. I strained my ears trying to hear it again.
“Hear What?” Crang asked looking at me quizzically, also trying to also hear it.
“I heard faint screams.” I muttered again before a loud screech thundered down the tunnel.
“Oh no.” Crang muttered before running back up the tunnel
The second wolf looked at the tunnel with confusion before a look of shock whipped across his face and doing the same that Crang did.
The mist looked at me and then sighed climbing my my arm, “You know what this means. Off to battle!”
I nodded sprinting for the tunnel. My boots crunching in the dirt, each step I took the screams and pleads for help grew louder and louder until they became a deafening roar. When I reached the top Crang and the second wolf were trying to clear the way of the tunnel to the camp. It seemed that whatever was terrorizing the camp had blocked this tunnel purposely. Even with Crang, and the second wolf digging, and pushing ruble out of the way it wasn’t clearing the path fast enough. When light began to shine through more rubble just slid down blocked it up again. (This isn’t working they can’t clear it fast enough.) After I finished my thought I heard the sound of wood hitting metal as a yelp sounded. The yelping grew louder and louder before I heard the broken speech of the wolves, “Mercy please…. Mercy to me all I ask!” once the pled ended I heard the sounding of a neck snapping and the pled stopped all together.