Status: If you read this the characters are based on Michael Clifford from 5SOS as well as the rest of the band adn myself my best friend will be apart of the story too. The names of the band member will be used but my last name as well as my friends will be altered I hope you enjoy I have a Wattpad account

The Anti-Love Story

The First Step...

My last day of school ended at last. i had told Emily i would find a way to make it to her place before sound check. I walked of the school thankful i was done with this bullshit, only to go through a more expensive version of the same thing in three months. I was not looking forward to going home, I didn't know if my father would be there. It is a terrible thing if you fear for your life every time you go home, family should not be like that. I had finally decided I would stop giving my mom second chances to leave my father. Next time shit go bad, I was calling the police. I have done that before only to get the shit kicked out of me when the cops left. I can't remember how my father had manipulated his drunk ass out of getting arrested, but he did.

I pulled up out side of Connors school to pick him up. As soon as I stopped the car and got out, I saw his little body take off toward me. I wrapped him in my arms and swung him around, he was my life. Even though i was his sister, I was more of his mother than anything. I took care of him for the majority of his life. That was the main reason I wanted to adopt him I couldn't bare to leave him behind and possibly have something happen to him because i wasn't there to protect him. He was my little brother. I loved him more than anything in my life.

Once he was safely in the car, I started to the drive back to our "home". We jammed out in the car like we always did, trying to get in our peace before all hell broke loose like it always did. I had to tell him I might not be home tonight. I know Emily offered to have her older sister watch her, but i don't know why I was so hesitant to let her. It's almost like I don't trust anyone with Connor that wasn't me. At certain points that is okay, but at others i need to live my life, I can't always be there. Life was going to be there to be in the way. I can't stay by his side and just ignore reality. Life was going to catch up eventually and pull me away for the necessary reasons. As much as i hate to admit it, this 5SOS concert was necessary. Maybe even spending the night with Emily's sister would be necessary for Connor. Who am I kidding of course it was necessary. If it meant getting out even for one night it was a must.

I was prepared for the worst everyday, but i was never prepared for the good that could happen. i had internally made the decision, "Connor?" I looked in the rear view mirror to catch a glimpse of him , I saw he was paying attention. "How would you feel about spending the night at em's sister's?"

I saw his face light up in the mirror, "Really?"

"Yeah Mrs.Taylor and her daughter, Amanda, want you to spend the night. It's been awhile."

"Are you coming too?'" I saw the expectation in his face.

"No... I'm not, I'm sorry. Em wants to take me to see % Seconds of Summer tonight." I noticed his face fall in disappointed, "Are you okay?" He nodded his head a little, obviously upset, "If you want we can spend the weekend with them."

Immediately his eyes sparkled with happiness, "Yes, yes, yes. That would be so fun!" he exclaimed.

"Okay well when we get home we have to pack some bags so we have enough to get us through the weekend okay. As soon as our bags are packed we're going to head over to Em's okay?" He nodded his head vigorously to show he understood. We pulled into the parking lot outside the apartment. As soon as i got Connor out of the car i picked him up and him close to me, with our bags on one arm and him on the other. I walked us to the apartment, I got to the door, put the key in the lock, and when i opened the door I squeezed my little brother tighter to me, trying to protect him from the harm on the other side of the threshold. The air inside was still and quiet. I knew mom would be at work till late at night, but dad was no where in sight. i didn't set Connor down till he was safely in his room, just in case one of our parents were somewhere around our "home." I told him to pick out a few toys to bring with him to Taylor's house while i packed my clothes and called Emily.

I grabbed my phone and dialed Em's number while simultaneously grabbing toiletries, clothes, and 5 Seconds of Summer merchandise.

"Hey, Ray-Ray what do you need?" She answered.

"Hey Em. I was just calling to let you know the update," I paused, Emily's silence signaled I could continue, "Okay so Connor wants to stay the night with Taylor, which means I can go to the concert-" Emily squealed cutting me off before she continued on in her to do gibberish. "EMILY!" She got quiet allowing me to finish telling what I needed to. "But... He got upset when I told him I wouldn't be with him, so I told him we would stay through the weekend, so we're packing some bagd and will be heading over to your place in a second."

She was silent, which surprised me. Just when I was going to continue talking, she said, "Okay girl shut up. You act like that's a down side. It's a bonus!! You spending the weekend is a great thing. Taylor won't mind because Amanda will be distracted, plus Connor will be happy." A smile spread across my face. "Now pack your shit and get your ass over here."

And so I did.