Status: Just writting to myself mostly, but please leave a comment if you like.

Nothing Really Matters

Chapter 26 – Tiffany’s

The morning hadn’t quite turned out like I thought it would. I had imagined being stuck in bed with him until Mingus got there. I had wanted to be stuck in bed with him the entire day. But now I was trying to get my head straight and call Andy, probably waking him up, to ask him to walk me down the aisle as I married Norman. How the hell did that happen?! I had never had any plans to get married again but then I had never had any plans of ever loving anyone period. I would spend the rest of my life with him anyway, so why not marry him? I knew neither of us really needed it to be legal and having a ring on the finger, but I couldn’t help to feel pretty damn good about that fact that I was going to become Mrs. Norman Reedus. He would be mine and everyone would know we belonged together. I just hoped Andy would be as excited as we were about this. I plugged in the headset to my brand new iPhone and found his number. It took 5 signals before he answered with a tired grunt.
“Yeah?”
“Good morning, Andy.”
“Lo?”
“Yeah…”
“Good morning. Are you ok?”
“Yeah, great. Did I wake you up?”
“Don’t worry about it.”
“Are you still in bed?”
“Why?”
“I just think you might need to stay there for this.”
“For what?”
“Norman and I are going to fly to Las Vegas today, to get married and I want you to be there to walk me down the aisle.”

I know I had been talking too fast and that he might not actually have understood a word of what I had said, but I wouldn’t be able to say it again. The line went quite and I waited him out, just listening to hear if he was still breathing.

“Ok… Just let me… Fuck, Lo you can’t spring shit like this at me at this hour…! Just let me get this straight… You’ve decided to get married in Vegas. Today. And you want me to come with you?”
“Yes. And Mingus.”
“Alright… Wow… Yeah, of course I will come.”
“Thank you.”
“What time does the flight leave?”
“3 o’clock from JFK. We will pick you up.”
“Do I need a suit?”
“No, I don’t think so. He will probably be in jeans and a t-shirt.”
“Alright. Wow, London this is… I’m happy for you. And I’m honored you want me to be there.”
“Of course, Andy… Sorry I woke you up, go back to sleep and I will see you in a couple of hours, ok?”
“Ok. Love you, Lo.”
“Love you too, Andy.”

He was in the doorway when I had finished my conversation with Andy. We starred at each other for a long time. I just fell in love with him over and over again, it was insane. His blue eyes tearing through me every time, touching the deepest part of my soul like no one ever had before, or never would. There was no one else for me then him. I could look into those eyes forever but we had to get ready. He broke the spell first though for once and walked up and sat down next to me in the bed.

“He’s in?”
“Yeah”

I finished the last of my scrambled eggs and bacon.

“Tiffany’s will open in an hour just for us.”
“What? Why?”
“Cause I asked them to.”
“I really don’t need a ring fr…”
“I know you don’t, but I want to give you that.”
“Ok. Thank you.”
“But you’re paying.”

He smiled, kissed my nose and danced towards the bathroom. I burst out laughing, amazed that it was still possible for me to love him more for each passing day. While he was in the shower I decided to do some research regarding getting married in Vegas. Something else caught my attention though, as I fired up his iPad. He had the New York Times as his homepage and there was a huge headline with our picture underneath it. A picture from the night before, where we kissed madly. I didn’t even remember it being that steamy, but then I had forgot all about the 15 000 people when he was in front of me again.

The kiss that shocked New York last night!

I frowned at the screen, not really understand what there was to be shocked about. It was only a kiss, so what?

Sorry ladies, looks like America sexiest bachelorette is waving goodbye to single life. Last night, AMC hosted a fan event in Madison Square Garden with the cast from the mega successful show the Walking Dead. 15 000 people had gathered in MSG to watch the first episode of the 6th season of the zombie apocalypse and to get a climes of their heroes. Norman Reedus plays the widely popular character of Daryl Dixon and cost most screams and even faints during the evening. Reedus is considered the hottest man on television at the moment and is constantly approached by longing women, wanting nothing else then becoming the future Mrs. Daryl Dixon. Now however, it seems Reedus might already have found her, although reinsuring fans only last week that he was still single. As the event came to an end on Friday night and the cast left the stage, Reedus came back alone, heading straight for a young woman in the front row and kissed her. Eye witnesses to the incident says there were no mistaken they two lovebirds knew one and other. “It was steamy. A real make out that lasted a few good minutes.” Ashley Wilson, who stood just beside the couple, tells the Times. “It was like they didn’t even notice all the people around. He helped her over the barrier and carried her backstage after a while.” Now the big question remains; Who is the lucky lady who have managed to capture Mr. Reedus heart? Reedus costars, Andrew Lincoln and Steven Yeun both refused to comment on the event as they were leaving the arena.

I knew this was something I would have to deal with, being in the tabloids and dealing with paparazzos, but this was the one thing I rather have lived without. I had never liked being the center of attention. Now I would’ve to get use to nosy photographers and fans every time I stepped out the door with him. Maybe not so much in Georgia but New York was a whole other thing. When talking to the shrink in Boston she had asked me something that had made it durable to handle the fact that he was famous and under a constant spotlight. Would I love him if he wasn’t famous? Would I still love him if he were someone else? She had explained to me that he probably wouldn’t even be the same person if he did do what he did. It didn’t necessary include just the acting part, but all of it. His artistic, crazy side that I loved probably wouldn’t be the same if he had never began acting. His passion and enthusiasm about life and his commitment to the show made him the person he was, the person I had fallen in love with. The fame was just a side product of what he had done and still did and I would never want it any other way. Nothing could’ve preferred me for the heard of paparazzo’s when we stepped outside the apartment though. I think it even shocked him to see so much people there, just to get a shot of him. We had planned to take the tube to 5th avenue, but that was out of the question. He pulled me back into the building and both of us made it towards the stairs, heading down to the garage. Once the door slammed behind us and we were in the dark and deserted underground garage I started to breathe again.

“Sorry about that. Are you ok?”
“I’m fine. I should’ve told you, we made New York Times front page this morning.”
“Really?”
“Yeah… Shit, what the hell do we do?”
“We take the bike.”
“Alright. You got the keys?”
“Always prepared.”

He produced the keys from his jacked and smiled at me, before grabbing my hand. The bike he kept in New York wasn’t like the Scrambler I was use to in Georgia but it was gorgeous, I guess build for city driving, instead of dirty back roads.

“It’s gorgeous.”
“Thanks.”
“I prefer the Scrambler though.”
“Me too, but this will have to do for today.”

He handed me a helmet that he most have produced out of thin air because I really didn’t see where it came from. Not until I jumped on the bike behind him there is. They had hung on hooks on the wall behind the bike and he had just stretched out to grab his own.

“It’s Mingus’s, hope it fits.”
“Yeah, it’s great.”
“Good. Hold on tight, baby.”

I locked my arms around his waist seconds before the bike came to life with a roar that almost made me jump a little. I could feel him chuckle before he speed out from the garage and into morning traffic New York. It was right after 8 o’clock when we arrived outside the closed Flagship store of Tiffany’s. I had never in a million years thought I would step inside that particular store and even less for this particular reason. We were directed to the private garage by a doorman.

“Are we really going to do this?”
“Yes. I want to marry you, Mr. Reedus.”
“Alright then.”

He pulled me into a passionate and quick kiss that left me breathless. He smiled before taking my hand and walked towards the elevator that took us directly up into the store where we were admittedly greeted by an over friendly elderly woman in a black suit.

“Mr. Reedus, welcome.”
“Thank you.”
“What can I do for you this morning? I understood you were in quite a hurry?”
“Yes. We’ve a 3 o’clock flight to catch.”
“I see. I’m guess you’re looking for engagement rings?”
“Wedding rings, actually. Skipping the engagement part…”
“Alright then, this way, please.”

The place was huge! I just looked around in complete amazement over all the beautiful pieces of jewelry and silverware. I had to squeeze his hands a few times just to make sure it was actually real. I think I completely ignored the pore lady trying to help us out for the first set of rings she put up for display.

“Lo?”

He had a small smile on his face when I finally turned to look at him. My smile must have been huge, because he lit up like Christmas tree when our eyes met. And I kissed him, taken him by surprise but he kissed me back. The woman behind the counter smiled back at us when I finally pulled away from him and tried to concentrate on what we were there to do.

“What are you looking for? Any ideas? Rose gold? White Gold? Platinum?”

As she made all the different suggestions, she pointed out the different rings on the counter in front of us.

“Platinum.”

We spoke together.

“Matching?”
“Yes.”

We said together again, making the woman actually laugh.
“Good thing you seem to have the same taste in jewelry. I’m guessing nothing too flashy? Something a little more simple and elegant.”

“Yes.”

Half an hour later we walked out of the store with a matching pair of platinum wedding bands that both of us had fallen in love with at first sight.

“What do you wanna do about the press?”
“What do you mean?”

He put the two small blue boxes inside his jacket pocket before zipping it back up.

“Are you going to tell the world?”
“You’re asking now, after we decided to get married…? If you didn’t want the whole world to know this, I’m sorry, baby, but you should’ve chosen someone else then me.”

He turned around to me then to look me straight in the eye. Wearing a leather jacket and getting ready to jump back on that bike again. And he was god damn hot at that moment that I couldn’t control the desire rushing through me.

“I don’t want anyone else.”

“Good.”

His word got muffled when I attacked him, kissing him so hard he had to support himself on the bike behind him.

“Lo, what are you doing?”

He asked a little uncertain when I dropped my hands to his crotch.

“You’re crazy, you know that?”

He said and chuckled. I protested at first as he pulled away but when he grabbed my arm, stepped into the darkness and shoves me up against the closest poll, lips on my neck, I smile and unzipped his jeans. He returned the favor and pulled down my jeans just far enough before slamming inside me.