Status: Please Leave Comments/Criticism

Prințesă

Chap. One

Pietro was handing out supplies to the civilians of Sokovia only a few nights after he and his sister escaped the demolished HYDRA base. Wanda was doing the same when she spotted a familiar face and heard a tune in her head, softly tickling the inside of her mind with a voice so tender, so warm. She knew that tune. She turned and saw Pietro flirting with yet another woman, something about getting her a dress from Paris, which he had done for a great deal of Sokovian women. She rolled her eyes and started following the hum as she dryly said to Pietro and the woman,

“Is every girl in Sokovia going to get a dress from Paris? At least Gertie’s looked warm.” The woman gave Pietro a look and she was only vaguely aware of him hurrying after her. She looked around, down alleyways and along building ruins for the song. What was that song? Pietro caught up to her with great ease and Wanda paused in her search as he teased her.

“You need to stop stealing,” she told him and Pietro rolled his eyes, “I am serious. At speed no one can touch but standing still-” she stopped dead when the tune suddenly grew louder and she instantly recognized it. “Milka,” she said softly and Pietro frowned before Wanda turned just as a red haired woman rounded the corner and smiled brightly at the twins. Pietro’s looked up and his heart beat so fast he thought it would explode from his chest as he raced full force at the woman. Had he not held her close the two would surely have toppled over. Pietro held the woman tightly, inhaling the smell of smoke and earth from her red hair, refusing to let go. She held on just as tightly, her face burrowing into his neck as she crashed into him, too, their bodies instantly folding in on one another’s. Pietro didn’t want to let go but he let the woman pull away and look around him at Wanda who grinned brightly and ran to her. The woman ran to Wanda and the two collided in the best way, Wanda wrapping her arms tightly around the other woman and the red head holding Wanda’s face in her hands to kiss her cheeks excitedly. Pietro smiled brightly, all white teeth and shining eyes as he looked at his favorite women.

Milka brushed Wanda’s hair back from her face in a sisterly manner, smiling brightly before her hands started working, Pietro chuckled but Wanda could now read Milka’s mind.

You’re getting taller, little star

“Don’t tease me, Milka, I get enough from Pietro,” Wanda told her and Milka’s blue eyes widened. She looked at Wanda and then Pietro. Her language had been made up between herself and Pietro, before she only had Pietro to talk to because no one knew what she was saying or doing, but now Wanda knew it? Pietro rubbed the back of his neck as Milka signed at him, slender fingers wrapped in loosely knitted wool twisting and flowing as she asked him how Wanda did that. “We have a lot to tell you, prințesă ,” Pietro said a bit ashamed of his abandoning Milka four years ago to go with Strucker. He should have kept himself and Wanda with their friend. With his girl.

Milka looked between the twins, curious and worried before she took one of their hands each and started tugging them towards the abandoned building she called home. Pietro looked around and nudged Wanda as he nodded to various buildings that had been bombed since their joining HYDRA for the experiments. Wanda looked at Pietro but when she did his eyes were back on Milka, a gentle smile on his lips as he tugged the woman back a bit to lace their fingers together. Wanda smiled knowing her brother cared deeply for Milka and Milka’s mind was a whirlwind of fluttering emotion around her brother. Milka had always been that way around Pietro. First it was just a crush Wanda didn’t like but Milka hid it well, focused solely on taking care of them and making sure they were okay, but the longer than stayed, as the years went on, Milka’s feelings solidified and Wanda knew her brother was beginning to feel the same. He had joined the experiments for her, but also for Milka- in the hopes of ending the unrest and protect their mute princess. To give them both a home and a family, properly.

Milka climbed over a fallen wall and into the building where the biting air didn’t hit so strongly and a small fire burned. She stoked it to get it burning strong again and turned to Pietro and Wanda. As she signed, Wanda heard her melodic voice in her head,

OKay, tell me everything.
♠ ♠ ♠
prințesă - princess

Italics - Milka's way of communicating are through little gestures and sometimes an accompanying noise such as a click or a burble but never words.