Tennessee Rose

Let me be the one to get you closer to a god

Presley

“Gunner is worried about you?” Sutton says over the phone.

It’s been roughly a week since I returned to California. As much as I miss Tennessee, I know I can’t stay. Ian or my label won’t allow it. And for now, I have to do as the suits say.

“Wow, I can’t believe you’d lie to me like that Sutton,” I say, rolling my eyes as I absentmindedly flip through the latest edition of Vogue. “Gunner has made a point of letting me know he doesn’t give a shit about me anymore.”

“That’s until he met the douchebag you call a boyfriend.” She counters. “You were never the type to stay with a guy that was an abusive prick.”

“He’s not abusive.” I tell her, trying to convince not only her but myself as well. “He’s not always like this.”

“Bullshit, Pres.” An annoyed sigh escapes her lips. “Jimmy already told Gunner that douchebag put you in the hospital. Seriously why are you staying with him? Call it off before something bad really happens. We lost you once, we don’t want this time to be permanent.”

Before I can reply to her, Jimmy and Rob walk into my apartment, reminding me that my appointment with my lawyer is today.”Hey, I’ve got to go. I completely forgot my appointment with my lawyer was today.”

“Is everything okay?” Naturally she sounds concerned.

“Everything is fine.” I assure her as I get up off the couch. “I’m just putting the final legal touches to my record label. That’s all.”

“So you finally have a name?”

“That’s going to have to be made legal at another date,” I chuckle. “Anyway, I’ve got to go. Call you later?”

“You better.” She laughs. “Or I’ll have to send out a search party.”

We hang up and Rob gives me a look, “Why did you lie to her about the name?”

“Because the name I picked was going to be a bar that we would have opened,” I reply. “I don’t know how she'll react. Plus I want it to be a surprise for whenever I get back down there.”

“I made a few calls and there are a few building for sale that would work for the record label’s headquarters and there is a few local recording studios that are willing to work with you. Not only for your new CD but for whatever artists you sign.”

“Ian isn’t going to like the fact I might be going back down to Nashville.”I note. “Either with the label.”

“After today, we won’t have to worry about what either of them say.” Rob smiles. “You’re not only dumping Ian but your label. You’ll be free to do whatever you please.”

“You’ll be free to be the girl all of us know and love.” Jimmy adds. “Plus I’ve never seen you happier than when you were sitting in Oak Barrel singing some Fleetwood Mac song. I’ve never seen you so comfortable in a city before. Nashville is your home.”

“Are both of you willing to relocate with me?” I ask. “Because I can’t do this without my two best guys?”

“You know we’ll do anything for you.” Jimmy answers, putting an arm around my shoulders. “Besides, Nashville is off the hook!”

“I’ll follow you to hell and back,” Rob smiles. “Now come on, let’s not be late for this very important meeting.” I squeal before grabbing my bag and head out of the apartment with Jimmy and Rob right behind me.

After this meeting, I’m officially free…

**

“So when can we celebrate your new found freedom?” Jimmy asks as we walk out of my lawyer’s office. “Because I’m ready to celebrate.”

“You’re always ready to celebrate,” I laugh at him. “But we’re not out of the woods yet. Yes I’m free of my label now but there is one person I’m not free of; Ian.”

“Do it quickly; pull the bandaid off fast and it won’t hurt as much.” Rob tells me. “It’ll be better for you.”

“The hurting isn’t what I’m afraid of,” I admit to them. “I’m afraid of what he could do afterwards. He knows every little secret; every single thing about me. He could use that to destroy me. That’s why I stayed with him; fear of what he could do to my reputation.”

“Sometimes you need to fall before you can rise again as a new.” Rob says, “maybe it’s time to become a phoenix and burn before you can come back as something new; something beautiful.”

“And do you think it’ll be worth it?” I ask. “Will all of this be worth it?”

“There is only one way to find out,” he smiles. “Pull the trigger, Presley. You’ve got to do it if you want to change yourself. Break free from whatever chains are holding you back. True fans and friends will stay with you; through hell or highwater.”

Taking a deep breath and pull out my cell phone from my bag; “Hey babe,” I greet once Ian answers. “I was wondering if you want to go out with me tonight; we need to celebrate.”

“Everything squared away for the label?”

“Yea, just got out of the meeting with Danielle.” I inform him. “I’d love to celebrate. Without you, I’d still be waiting tables. So please come out with me?”

“Anything for you darling,” I can envision a smirk on his lips. “Just give me a time and place.”

“7 at my place; we’re going to pregame before heading out.”

“See you then…”

I hang up and begin to nervously play with the dogtags I have around my neck. “This is it; it’s do or die time.”

“This is going to be worth it, Pres.” Jimmy assures me. “We’ll be with you; til the end of the road.”

Despite the smile growing on my lips, I can’t shake the feeling of impending doom. I know these boys, as well as Maggie, will always be by my side. But that doesn’t mean I can’t be nervous about all the things that’ll happen once I break up with Ian. Nothing will ever prepare me for what is going to happen...
♠ ♠ ♠
Presley

new layout. do you like it better than the original?

also vote on what Presley should name the label. I'm stuck between Crossroads Records or Sin Wagon Records.

comment&subscribe?