Tennessee Rose

We always start with good intentions. But lose ourselves along the way 

Presley

“Thanks for everything man,” Jimmy says giving Gunner a one armed hug. “It means a lot to the both of us.” As he says that, I give Gunner a smile before disappearing into the bathroom to get changed.

“No problem, I can only imagine what this whole thing is doing to her.” Gunner says. “I may be mad and hurt after the things she’s done to me; but I would never do this to her. Ian is messing with her livelihood.”

“I think he feels that because of him she has this success and without him she deserves to fall.” I can picture Jimmy rolling his eyes. “The man basically guilted her into dating him in the first place. If that’s not a manipulative asshole, I don’t know what is.”

“I still can’t believe he would do this to her.” Gunner sighs. I can just see him running his fingers through his hair. It was always something he did when he was frustrated. “Is anything he’s telling the media true?”

“That’s something you should talk to Presley about,” Jimmy tells him. “Those are her stories to tell; not mine.”

A humorless chuckle escapes Gunner’s lips, “like she’ll tell me anything.”

“If she’s going to tell anyone anything; it’ll be you.” Jimmy informs him; and honestly it’s not a lie.

“And why would she do that?” Gunner questions him. “If anyone, she could tell Sutton. They are best friends.”

“Sutton looks at Presley through rose-colored glasses,” Jimmy explains. I know I should be the one explaining but part of me doesn’t want to leave this crappy small bathroom. “Gunner, you already see Presley in an unflattering light. She knows that no matter what, you can’t think worse of her.”

“With me, she has nothing to lose.”

“Exactly. Just talk to her, okay?” Jimmy pleas. “If anyone can get her to talk about what’s going on; it’ll be you.” With that I hear someone leave the room; closing the door right behind him.

“I know you’ve been listening in on the conversation, Presley.” I heard Gunner call out. A sigh escapes my lips as I slip my hoodie on before leaving the bathroom. “Did you plan on sleeping in that bathroom? Because I’m sure there was a dead body found in it the bathtub at one point.”

I just chuckle before walking over and sitting on one of the crappy hotel beds. I thought I was so far past this. Past the cheap hotels and crappy hotel beds; I have three platinum albums for fucks sake.

“So are we going to talk about why you’re here hiding from everything?” Gunner asks, breaking the silence that has washed over us; leaving us silent for what feels like a long time.

“Which rumors did you have questions about?” I ask him.

“Did you really sleep with Ian to get a deal?” In his eyes, I can tell he feels guilty for even asking this question.

“It took me three months into our relationship to sleep with you,” I start, “I could never fuck someone that I barely know to get something I want. I didn’t sleep with Ian til about 6 months into the relationship he guilted me into.”

“Do you and Ian have a sex tape?”

A humorless chuckle escapes my lips. “Sadly, yes. I was young and stupid. It was for our first year anniversary. I thought I got rid of everything after we broke up. Maybe he has a copy or whatever.”

“Thank God you didn’t have a wholesome look before hand,” he chuckles. “Do you really think he has the balls to leak it.”

“I hope he does,” I joke. “I could become the next Kim K or Paris Hilton. Plus the world will realize he isn’t endowed as he think he is.” I laugh.

“Ouch.”

“Yea. Anything else you want to know?”

“Were you pregnant when you first came out to L.A and did you get it aborted?” His expression went from joking to serious in a heartbeat. I can feel my heart skip a beat at the question; a question I was hoping that he wasn’t going to ask.

I lick my lips and sigh before looking directly into Gunner’s bright blue eyes. “I was pregnant when I got to L.A but never in a million years would I abort it. I found out I was pregnant too late. Ian had to rush me to the hospital because I collapsed during a recording session. I was in so much pain and I was bleeding. We get to the hospital and I found out I was a little over three months pregnant. I was scared. I had literally no one at my stand. I was only living in L.A for two months. Ian wasn’t much of a help and I sunk into a depression afterwards. I lost my last tie to Nashville.”

“That’s when you tried calling me, huh?” He asks, lowering his head; averting his eyes from mine. “And I ignored you.”

“You didn’t know,” I assure him. “you were mad at me. I never blamed you for not picking up your phone. I wouldn’t have done it, if I was you.”

“Why would he leak that secret?” Gunner questions. “That was seven years ago.”

“He wants to hurt me all over again,” I shrug my shoulders. “He wants to open up old wounds because he know how I reacted to them the first time around.”

“It’s safe to say the cheating rumors are false as well as you sleeping with Rob?”

“Rob’s gay,” I reply with a chuckle. “So that and the cheating rumors are completely false. I would never do that in a relationship. He, on the other hand, has been caught cheating on my many times. I think that is one rumor the media isn’t buying.”

“But they are blowing all the other rumors out of proportion, that’s stupid.”

“That’s the media for you,” A somber chuckle escapes my lips. “Be glad you’re still small scale. As much as I love the life I lead, I just with the press didn’t follow me everywhere.”

“Do you think they’ll find you down here?”

“Eventually,” I breathe out. “And when that happens, I’m screwed. It’ll be time to face the music.”

“So what are your plans while you’re down here?”

“Write and record my CD,” I reply. “I’ll probably have to invest in a home studio because I highly doubt people want to work with me at the moment. But that’s my plan. Work on my CD and hope I can start up my label.”

“And what become this gorgeous phoenix?”

“That’s the plan, actually.” I laugh. “Something good has to come out of my career going up in flames. I just wish I was the one that had the lighter and not Ian.”

“This will be good for you,” he informs me. “Maybe this is the kick you needed. You obviously weren't happy with how your career was turning out. Now you have all the time in the world to reconnect and become who you once were.”

“Thank you, Gunner.” I smile at him.

“For what?” He gives me a questioning look.

“For everything…”
♠ ♠ ♠
Figure I would give you another update before I go off and do adult things. I'm starting my externship up again which means I'm going to be in an animal clinic for 9 hours Tuesday- Saturdays for the next couple weeks. Yay me! lol

Presley

comment&subscribe?

What do you want to see happen next? I'm open for suggestions.