Mistakes Were Made

Introduction

Old friends grinned as they spotted each other in a full parking lot. They walked up to one another and swept each other into a hug. "It's been way too long!" The woman said, grinning.

"You're telling me," the man chuckled. "You ready to eat till we're fatasses?"

"Well duh, I'm here with you."

The two entered the restaurant, a small family owned pizzeria, and were quickly seated at a table. They ordered their drinks before they started chatting again.

"So what's new, lady?" The man asked.

Morgan shrugged. "Not too much my dear. Still working at the same job. Gomez is still the best dog in the world," she said, referring to her Boston Terrier back home. "Oh, and I may or may not be seeing someone," she added in coyly.

His mouth dropped open and lifted his arm to give her a high five. "I bet he's not as cool as me though," he laughed.

"He's in a band too, actually," she laughed. "But we'll see. We've only been on a few dates but I like him. He's a lot of fun."

He grinned. "Not as fun as me though, right?" He replied and winked.

She rolled her eyes playfully and took a sip of her beverage. The pair were a rare breed; they used to be together and had actually remained friends. They both worked busy jobs, but every few months they get together and grab lunch or dinner and catch up. It was a routine both of them looked forward to.

"So how about you? What's new?" She asked.

"Well, we're working on a new album so I'll be home for a bit. Maybe next month we can meet up again and hang out," he answered, "me and Cameron broke up for good this time."

"Aw, I'm sorry boo boo." Morgan replied, putting on a pout.

Zacky was the man that sat across from her. The two went way back, they had dated for three years when Morgan was 18 and Zacky was 21. Their break up had been mutual; neither wanted to be tied down quite yet, and at the time Zacky was forming a band with some of his buddies that would eventually take off. He had never introduced them to Morgan, and he preferred not to talk about work during their meet ups now. He always said that she kept him grounded since she didn't care about the fact that he was famous. She had never even been to a show.

On the other hand, Morgan was a dog groomer, and it kept her plenty busy. She was the manager of the salon she worked at, and on top of that she did loads of work with a local dog shelter. She had grown up in California and never left. She was very proud of all that Zacky had accomplished, and she had no problem not being introduced to his other friends. She didn't do too well with new people to begin with, and Zacky knew that.

Zacky and Cameron had been together for a little under a year, and from what he told Morgan, she had been less than thrilled that the two met up every now and then. She had gone to one of their meetings, but it had been so awkward for Zacky and Morgan that he insisted she didn't go again. Morgan couldn't help but feel slightly relieved that the pair had broken up; they had been off and on for a while, and their meetings had gotten very infrequent because of Cameron's dislike of them.

"I mean, I don't think it would have lasted much longer anyways," he shrugged. "She was pretty possessive, you know?"

Morgan nodded. "Trust me, I noticed," she chuckled.

Their waiter came and they ordered their food; this was one of their favorite places to eat, and they almost always knew what to get before they even walked in.

The pair chatted some more, the conversations never getting awkward. Morgan talked about what a pain some of her co-workers were, and Zack told her about what his band was working on in the studio. They had fun together, shared some laughs, and enjoyed their food.

"So about this new boy toy of yours," Zacky said in between bites of his food, "tell me about him, what's his bands name?"

"Well, his name is Jim," Morgan answered, "but he hasn't told me what the band's name is. I think he's worried I'm some crazed fan just pretending to be normal," she laughed.

"You know, my band has a Jimmy in it," Zacky mentioned.

Morgan rolled her eyes at him, "I highly doubt that he's your Jimmy. And if it were I'd probably die or something. Is he dating someone new?"

"Not that he's mentioned."

"Well, there you go, you know if someone was dating my fine ass they'd be bragging about it," she joked.

"You're so full of it," he laughed. The table was quiet for a moment before he asked, "have you ever thought about meeting my band mates?"

Morgan shook her head. "Not really. I have my friends that I've never introduced to you, I don't know why you'd introduce your other friends to me." She answered honestly.

"I don't know. Sometimes I miss hanging out with you more often. I feel like if you knew them you'd love them and we could hang out more than once a month."

"You're such a sap," she laughed, "It's just hard to find times. You're either here or on tour, and I am always working. Plus when I am off from work I just want to relax at home. I would totally love to see you more often, don't get me wrong, I just can't be not working for the month that you're home from touring." She explained.

"I know, I know," he sighed.

Morgan quickly changed the subject to something more happy, and the mood lifted significantly. She felt a little guilty for turning down his idea, but she honestly didn't have time to be hanging around with Zack all the time when he was home. She wished she could see him more often, but she knew his idea of more often would be a little too unrealistic for her work schedule.

Even after they finished their meal, they hung around until they ran out of things to talk about before parting ways. In the parking lot they gave each other a big parting hug. "Give me a call the next time you want to get together, okay?" she told him, smiling.

"I will. I'll be home for a bit so hopefully it'll be sooner than later."

They said their final goodbyes and they were off. Morgan's home was a 20 minute drive from the small pizzeria, and as soon as she got home she walked to her bedroom and fell back on her bed.

She took her phone out of her purse and checked it, grinning when she saw a new message from Jimmy.

She sent a text to him, "just got home from seeing a friend, come on over".
♠ ♠ ♠
Got hit by some inspiration, let me know what you think! ♥ Erika