Sequel: The Fae and the Beast

Until the Last Page

Morning

Lady Bliss is a pixie.

The lovely words were spray painted on the side of the ruined flight gym. It had been near rubbish for nearly the two years that Calla had spent at Rosebed Magic School. Calla made it beautiful. With a can of spray paint and an artistic vision, she made a dull brick building beautiful once again. Some people just did not appreciate this.

“I just can't take this any more!” Lady Bliss shouted her wings fluttering frantically in the air, “this hooligan has been breaking more rules than any other student in the rich history of Rosebed.”

Calla was slouching down deep in a leather chair in Head Master's office. The room was quite void of charm but filled to the ceiling with the man's personal library. Two large windows lit up Head Master from behind his desk. He was dressed in dark colors, matching his room. He clearly valued intellect and hard work than art. Calla stuck out like a sore thumb with her warm pattered dress, striped tights, and violet gray colored hair.

“Oh, come on, you know very well that I am not the worst “hooligan” at Rosebed.”

“If this is some game between you and Mr. Wes, I swear that I will-”

“Enough!”

Lady Bliss straightened up, fixed her bunched up jacket, and turned back to the Head Master. The older man had gray hair and deep wrinkles under his eyes. He lowered his hands from rubbing his head to the perfectly clean desk in front of him.

“Lady Bliss, I do thank you for bringing this to my attention. Can you please excuse me and Miss Calla?”

The pear shaped woman lifted her round chin up in gave a little “humph” as she turned to leave. Her pixie like wings fluttered angrily as she walked out the room. Once the door slammed shut Head Master turned his attention back to Calla. He asked her to sit up for them to have a civil conversation. Calla played with the ends of her hair refusing to move for a few moments. When he did not proceed with the conversation she rolled her eyes and slowly shifted in her seat.

“Miss Calla, do I need to inform you that your future at Rosebed is at stake?”

“I'm graduating in a few months. What does it matter?”

“Miss Calla, you know very well that you can be held back. Mr. Wes is a prime example of this.”

“He's graduating in a few months too.”

Head Master's hands went back to his temples as he exhaled deeply. He sat there at his desk like that for a few moments before putting his attention back on the girl.

“Miss Calla, why are you here?”

The girl shrugged as she crossed her arms. A book entitled “History of the Wings” looked far more interesting than the conversation at hand.

“Why did you come to Rosebed Miss Calla?”

“To be a Fairy Godmother...” she muttered.

The man sat back in his seat as a smile came across his thin lips. He was starting to get somewhere. He then launched into the same story she heard ever since she was a child. A Fairy Godmother was such a honor for any Fae to pursue. The title was held by her family too for three generations. Each and every one of them went on to be something great and helping Fae and other species of magic users alike.

He reminded her of how a Fairy Godmother would be granted with far greater power than any Fae. They will be able to fly with their own set of wings as well. It was a great title that Calla too was trying to achieve. Well, at least that's what she was trying to do on paper. Calla personally didn't really know what she wanted to do. She was an artist and loved fashion. Fairy Godmothers were not fashionable. They were powerful, functional, and most of all old like Lady Bliss.

Head Master was about to continue on with his talk when she was saved by the bell. The man stopped mid sentence with his hand in the air. He was so passionate about the talk that he even left his desk and paced behind it.

“We will continue this conversation at a later time. Miss Calla, you may return to your next class.”

The girl in seconds grabbed her bag laying at her feet and started to make her way to the door. She tried to escape before he could say anything else.

“And... you will clean the entire wall of the Flight Gym building after school today. Understand?”

The girl sighed, lightly banging her had on the wooden door. He asked this again and she disgruntly agreed. Once the smile came back to Head Master's face, she left his office.