Explosions

You're my favorite kind of night.

The next two games went much better. They beat Atlanta, then they took down Denver. The team was riding a little high until they lost their last pre-season game. They chocked it up to not using their starters, though, and they were ready for the home opener.

J.J. had been posting frequently about the game raising money for the Alabama-Coushatta tribe, and ticket sales had spiked. They were so close to selling out a week before the game, and Charlie was ecstatic.

“I cannot wait to get this thing sold out,” she said, grinning from ear to ear.

“This is all you, babe,” said J.J., kissing her on the cheek.

“Everything is awesome,” said Charlie. “I love my life. I love my job. I love you. I can’t wait until Jan eats shit.”

She squealed and wrapped her arms around J.J.’s torso. He laughed, and he kissed the top of her head.

“What should we do to celebrate?” he asked.

“I think we get ourselves a nice bottle of champagne and sit outside and have a fire,” said Charlie.

“Is that really all you want to do?” said J.J. “I was going to take you out.”

Charlie put her hands in his pockets and moved her hips lightly against his. He tucked her hair behind her ear, and she bit her lip.

“How about if we do what I want tonight?” she suggested. “If you win on Sunday, I will take you out.”

“What a great idea,” said J.J. “One I will gladly agree to.”

“All I want is a big win in a sold out stadium in the first week of football,” said Charlie, “and then I will treat my favorite player to dinner and dessert.”

“Mmm…and who’s your favorite player?” he asked.

Charlie giggled, “Tom Brady, duh.”

J.J. took a step back and said, “Okay, that’s not funny.”

“Oh, come on!” laughed Charlie. She gave him a playful shove. “Like I could take Tom Brady out for dinner.”

“You could take anyone you want out to dinner,” said J.J. “I’m just a dude.”

He turned and started walking away. Charlie called after him, “I was just joking, babe! You’re my favorite player! Love you!”

“I’m gonna go get this fire started,” said J.J. “You call up Tom and see if he’s joining us.”

Charlie rolled her eyes.
J.J. fumbled with the doorknob, and he and Charlie almost fell into his bedroom. He put his hands on the sides of her face and met her lips again. She thumbed with the buttons of his shirt, and his breath hitched in his throat. He couldn’t believe this was happening. He’d never been with anyone so beautiful, and he could barely contain himself.

They’d been out a few times, and they’d made out more than just a few times. She was magical. Her fingertips always left needle pricks on his skin. He wanted to kiss every inch of her skin, and now he was getting that chance.

Her tongue brushed against his bottom lip, and J.J. tangled his hand in her hair. She moaned and pulled away from him for a moment. Her breathing was heavy, and she smiled at him. He shrugged the button-up shirt off his enormous shoulders and moved to kiss her again. She teased him slightly, backing away every time his lips got near hers.

Charlie pulled him down to the bed with her. He put his hands on either side of her body as he caressed her neck with his lips. She closed her eyes and bit her lip. He stood back up, and her eyes shot open. In one quick motion, he pulled his undershirt off his torso. She was met with the most perfectly sculpted body she’d ever seen. She rolled her eyes and groaned.

“What?” he asked. “What’s wrong?”

“How the fuck do you look like
that?” she said.

He chuckled and moved to kiss her again. She stopped him and touched his abs.

“Just give me a minute on this,” Charlie said, tracing the lines of his muscles.

J.J. hovered there awkwardly, waiting for her. He liked the way her dainty fingers felt against his skin. She moved a hand up to his neck and, finally, brought him back down on top of her.

She was so different than anyone else he’d been with before. He’d never been touched the way she touched him. He couldn’t get enough of her all night. Every time they finished, he wanted more, and she would let him have just a little more than last time. She almost seemed inhuman, but he knew she was real. She was right here.

When they finally became too tired to continue, he watched her sleep for a little while. Her eyelids fluttered as she dreamed. He sank in next to her and put his arms around her midsection. She snuggled into him, her back against his chest. She was warm. He kissed her shoulder and closed his eyes.

J.J. was silent as the fire crackled. Charlie took a drink of her champagne and pulled her blanket closer around her.

“Are you really still mad about this Tom Brady thing?” she said.

“I’m not mad,” said J.J.

“Sure seems like it,” replied Charlie.

J.J. sighed, “Sometimes you just joke about that stuff, and I don’t know why it makes me annoyed.”

Charlie stood up and moved around the fire pit. She straddled his lap and put her hands on either side of his face. He smiled.

“Stop being a baby,” she said. “You know you’re my favorite player – on and off the field.” She kissed his forehead. “And I want you to know that I have so much confidence that you and the guys will go out there on Sunday and kick ass.”

J.J. put his hands on her hips and said, “For you, anything.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this one was kind of short and boring, but it's a little bit of a filler. I hope everyone had a great Christmas!

Title Credit: Earned It | The Weeknd