Status: If you enjoy this, or have any requests or such, I'm trying to get back into my groove of writing. With Quizilla gone, and along with it, all of my old work, I'm trying to find myself again as well as my inspiration. Thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Thought You Were Dead

Loki's Return

It had been nearly a month since Loki had passed away. And for once, things were settling, and I couldn't understand the feeling in my stomach. I had hated Loki with a passion. Every breath I took around him seemed to leave me suffocating. And yet here I was, sitting in my bedroom, sharpening a dagger that I hadn't touched in years. Loki had gifted it to me when Odin had finally agreed to let me serve as one of his guardians. And I had never used it, stuffed it in a box and hid it from my sight.

But here I was, holding the beautiful golden hilt as I sharpened the blade as if I were going to use it. Thor was on Earth, doing what he seemed to do best these days, saving Earth from whatever threatened it. It had become his new home, and Odin still held the throne, strong as ever. Only, who would take the Throne should anything happen to Odin? I had always supposed that Thor would return when he needed to. That was the only choice there would be, wasn't it?
A loud knock shook me from my thoughts and my fingers tightened around the daggers handle. I stood from my seat by the balcony and approached the door. As my hand reached to open it, it came bursting open, causing me to jump backwards to avoid the doors blast. "Fandral! What is the meaning of this!"

His booming laugh was the only response as he let himself into the room, kicking the door shut behind him. "Ah my dear Leerana are you not happy to see me?" Confusion swept over me as I watched him pick up an apple from the table and bite into it.
"I suppose I would be, had I not left you only moments ago it seems." The look that crossed his face wasn't familiar to him. "Ah yes, perhaps time has just slipped past me. Though you are an easy one to miss."

I watched him with uncertainty as he took another chunk out of the apple and threw himself down into the chair I had previously occupied.His feet found their way ontop of the table, pushing the chair back onto the two hind legs. "Ah what is this?" He moved his free hand, flipping the dagger into his grasp and lifting it to his gaze. "Interesting, this is familar to me, though you have never carried it."
I was almost furious as his sticky fingers ran across the blade while he examined it. I crossed the room quickly, plucking the dagger from his hand. "I have not carried it fandral," I spoke, with a slight annoyance to my voice.

Fandral smirked slightly, chewing a bite of the apple. "Ah I remember it now, Loki had asked for me to pick which you would prefer better and well, I knew you were fond of daggers. This was the one I had picked. Shame youve never carried it, seeing as he's dead and all."
I snatched the box off of the table, looking at him with an almost glare. "Annoyance or not fandral, he was of royal blood, Thor's brother, how could you speak of him so?" and with my words Fandral let out a roaring laugh, throwing his head back. "Me? You never gave him the light of day, no matter how hard he tried." My eyes scanned over him as he bit into the apple again. Something was amiss, this wasn't like him at all. His behavior was so different, even when he was in a drunken state he was never like this.

"I would like to be alone if you don't mind Fandral," Moving toward the door to tell him that I meant my words entirely. My arm stretched out toward the handle of the door, but before it could reach Fandral was on me, pressing my back against the wall. I was instantly on the defensive, putting distance between our bodies with one arm. "Fandral release me!"
As his eyes moved over mine, I saw a slight change in the color, a vivid green. "Do you still fight it? fight your want for me? We can be more than comrades my lady," And I knew Fandral was never in the room with me, some evil had crossed over him, for he had love for another. I made quick movement with my free hand, lifting the dagger to his neck and showing him I was unafraid. "Youve made a mistake to think Fandral would ever make such a move on me, who are you?"
A menicing smirk crossed over him as he looked into my eyes. I was nearly hypnotized as Fandral disappeared and in his place stood a man all too familar. "I...I thought you were dead!"

Loki chuckled, his hands gripped my wrists and moving them against the wall with ease. "Ah, a thought I wanted everyone to believe Dear Leerana," My breath caught in my throat as I looked into his deep green eyes. "What do you want?" He only smiled at me and turned his attention to the dagger I still held onto. "Ah I haven't seen this since I gifted it to you. Don't tell me you've become sentimental on me?"

"I was only cleaning it, I have a buyer interested in it. You must have payed a handsome price for such a trinket such as this." Loki let out a grunt as he looked back at me. "A trinket? Ah but it was much more than that, it belonged to Frigga." I couldn't control the gasp that escaped me as I looked back at him. "Why would you give me something that belonged to her?" Loki shrugged, moving his hand up my wrist and pulling the dagger free, tossing it across the floor.
"That does not really matter now does it, you asked me what I wanted, well it's simple really. I came back to take what I wanted, and to do with it however I see fit." I could see it in his eyes as he released one of my hands. "And I think my first order of business is close at hand. I'll take what I want....in my hand..."

I felt my eyes close of their own will as his hand passed through my armor with ease, cupping me between my legs. "You don't have to deny it Leerana, I know you've thought of this" "Loki releas-" Before my words were out, his tongue was nearly down my throat, kissing me with a hunger I had never seen before in anyone. And before my mind could protest, my body was giving into him. My hands tangled into his long hair, my kiss matching his as he tore away at my armor.
What had come over me? Maybe he was right, had I wanted this, have I thought of this? Was he tricking me? How was he alive? But I couldn't hold on to any thoughts as he pressed his hand more against me, his lips locking aganst my neck as his other hand gripped at my hair.

"This isn't real..." My words were no more than a whisper as I tried to keep my eyes open. I was dreaming this wasn't happening, he was gone. "Oh? It isn't real?" He smirked against my neck, teeth grazing my skin lightly. "Oh but it is very real Leerana." And soon, I was lying on my bed, eyes slowly opening as I looked down at him. He was shirtless, a pair of trousers hanging loosely on his hips as he looked at me.

The sight of him made my chest pound. This was real. He was really here. And all I did was watch him. His hands moved down my legs, pulling my boots off of me slowly. He was playing. This was almost like a game for him. And I was playing along. After he rid me of my boots, next to go was the only thing I realized that I was left wearing. He pulled off my pants, bending my leg and cupping my thigh as his mouth claimed the inner side of it.

I was nearly in a daze, my back arched as his mouth continued. I was lost in it now, there was no going back, real or not, dream or not, I couldn't escape it. And I found myself not caring in the slightest. My hands gripped at his hair, watching him through half lidded eyes. He turned his head slightly, looking at me with that mischievous glint in his eyes again.

He left my thigh alone, crawling over me and pressing his body against mine, gripping my hair in his hands and kissing me with that same hunger as the first. And I matched it, just like the first. Before I could move anymore, he was inside of me, moving his hips with that same hunger as his kiss. I wrestled my hands from his hair and moved down, pulling his trousers off at the same time gripping his ass and quickening his movements.

And it went on like that for what seemed like hours. I had fallen asleep rather quickly after we had finally stopped. When my eyes opened again, I looked around at the empty room. I sat up quickly, looking around at the state it was in. I lifted the furs around me, looking at the clothes that lie on the floor. I felt relief wash over me as I heard the footsteps walking back toward the bed. My head slowly turned, watching him approach me with a smirk, his trousers still loosely hanging on his hips.
"What's the look for, hoping you were truly dreaming?" I only answered him with a smirk of my own, pulling him down on me and quickly kissing him. "No Loki," I spoke as our lips parted slightly. "Only hoping that it wasn't a dream,"

He grinned back at me, brushing my hair out of my face as he spoke. "I've been here the whole time dear Leerana, running the kingdom even," My eyes widened as I looked at him. "What?" But he never answered, and I never pressed on as he kissed me.

Perhaps it didn't matter, perhaps it wouldn't matter, not until we were tired of this bed.