Status: I have a bit written but need to look it over

Diaries of the Man Upstairs

Dad, Dan. Dan, Dad.

PHIL

April 20th

Family reunion today.

Dan doesn't look as nervous as I thought he'd be at all.

I not though.m.

He dresses extremely well.

I'll fix that.

We'll see how this goes.

I know they won't like him. Simply because he's gay and makes me happy. Dads not much on me being happy.

This is Going to be a long day.

11:37am

I watch Dan button up the nice polo shirt he had put on with a pair of jeans. The polo actually isn't black and his jeans are... well... mine but they're not black ether.

I walk over, unbuttoning his shirt and taking it off of him. Instead, I put his nice black polo on and leave it unbuttoned.

He frowns. I out his white belt on him and his furry hat to pull it all together.

"But now I look like... me...," he mumbles, trying to fix his shirt but I slap his hand away.

"Keep the hobbit hair," I say, putting on a green and black, plaid shirt and a pair of slightly lighter jeans. I find fox socks to put on and a brush to run through my hair mob as Dan calls it.

"I don't feel dressed up enough. Grab the glasses."

"Nope! You look amazing! You look sexy and smart and perfect." I grab him from behind, kissing his neck. He's grown since last time I wrote. He's my height now.

I'm very sure he grew since then because I remember being able to carry him because he's smaller than me. Now he's getting taller.

"Do I really," he asks, picking at his lips. He chews the skin of his bottom lip, starting to let the nerves really show.

His skin breaks and starts bleeding but he ignores it, letting the blood go into his mouth, making me grossed out a little bit.

"You're perfect, baby. We better get going if we want to take a trolley." I grab the Chapstick, putting it on him, earning a snarl.

"Red Velvet cake," he asks, taking it from me.

"I bought it for myself!" I take it back from him, putting more on him.

"I don't trust it. It's unnatural. I like the other stuff." He pulls his best puppy dog face and pulls me into his chest.

"Well, when your hair is straight, it's unnatural. If you don't hear me complain. It stays hobbit for my family... and maybe for  pleasure later. Selfies with the camera are called for when we get home. Sound okay?"  I pull out of his grip to fix my hair.

"What's so bad about your family," he asks. I could tell he's been holding that in for a bit. I kiss his nose with a giggle.

"Mom put us all in a tough place when she died. We were having trouble with it and I was closest with her. Dad didn't like it. He's never really liked me for some reason. Well... he did till I was 7. He drinks a bit. Martyn does whatever he can to please dad. So they kicked me out of the family." I find my shoes, putting them on.

"We're seeing papa. You said he's good."

I shake my head. "Used to be. He lost his mind and before that he had been terribly I'll. He thinks we're still 16. But there is one jewel I'm hoping to see." I grab his hand. "Let's go."

He nods. We walk slowly to the trolley. When we get there, it's actually quiet. Not many people. Which is weird.

"Who is it you're looking forward to," Dan asks out of nowhere. I jump in surprise. He's been so quiet. He blushes.

"Pj. She's really awesome. There is something about her though. I don't know what."

The rest of the ride was quiet. I know it's because he's nervous... but I really hate it. I feel a little rejected but I think it's all in my head.

When it stop, we get out and walk the rest of the way. He talked a little bit but he seemed too enjoy the silence.

"Alright, babe," I mumble, pulling him to a stop. I straighten up his collar. He sighs. "It's the house right there on the corner. Good luck kiss?"

He nods, wrapping an arm around my waist. He uses the other hand to angle my chin and kiss me.

"PHIIIIIIIIIIILLLLL!"  I jump off of Dan, not on purpose. I just got scared. A car slowly pulls to a stop beside us. "I missed you! Going to papas?"

I squint, trying to figure out who it is. I walk up to the car.

"Oh my... Peej," I ask, surprised.

"Yeah! Yeah! It's pj! Okay, I'll meet you there. Unless you want a ride?" Pj flashes a mouth of white teeth.

"I think we need a moment... nice shades, loser." I smile back, taking the shades from pj. I look over at Dan who looks so awkward. He grabs my phone from the backpack I'd brought for camera equipment, emergency food/water, and a box of band aids.

"I promised mom I wouldn't be late. Tell me about mister skinny jeans when you get there."

"Dan! Say hi to Peej," I demand. Well... kind of. I'm not threatening at all.

Dan waves, shyly.

"That's Dan. He tagged along as my plus one," I look back at him. Boy do I have the world right there.

Pj leans in near me. "He's quite the scrawny lad there. Do you ever feed the man?"

I shake my head. "Never! My caged animal! ON WE MARCH, DAN!" I grab his hand, walking down the corner, taking our time. Pj just sitting there watching us.

"Do I look presentable? Will they like me? Is my hair too..." Dan scratches the back of his neck, nervously. I smile at him. I'm really proud of him. He's really trying hard.

"Very presentable. Pj will love you. That's all that matters. Your hair is just the way I like it. Who cares about anyone else? They don't know you! And I am very proud of you." I pull his pants down just a little bit. He has them up so high, it's weird for him.

He adjusts my glasses.

"We're here," I state. He sighs, really loudly and pulls me to the door where we meet pj, again.

"Oh... my gosh... pj..." she-he-they ? Look totally different. Hair cut short, breasts bound, dressed nicely but most of all, happy. "You look amazing! You look great!"

He blushes. "Thanks... no ones really seen me yet so... means a lot... now, I saw you kiss him. Are you gonna share or just..."

"I was going for the or just part. You?"

"Or just. Defiantly!" He shrugs and laughs.

"You look totally different! You're a stranger!" I hug him. He hugs me back and I can tell he waved Dan over because I feel my head get kissed and then Dan's warm body against my back.

We break it when the door opens and we get let in.

I let Dan enter first, hearing someone ask who is that but I'm positive it was just my dad. I walk in after him, smiling and waving at the others. Pj follows me, earning even more comments.

"PAPA IM HOME," I yell, grabbing Dan's hand and pulling him on to the patio. "Paps! It's your angel!" I walk over and hug him.

"Phil," he exclaims, hugging me back. Dan stands there like the awkward man he is.
"Who's this you brought," papa asks. I smile, getting jumpy.

"This is Dan! Dan say hi! Oh! Pj is here too. In the living room- or right here." Pj comes out with us, giving papa a hug.

"Prue Jennifer!"

"Uh, that's actually just pj right now. Haven't been feeling Prue lately. However, I'd like to pull mister Lester number 2 over here and have a chat... if Phil doesn't mind." He looks at me. I nod letting him do it. He takes Dan by the hand, making me frown and pulling him over by the pool. I watch as he pulls his shoes off and rolling up his pants to stick his feet in the water. Dan just sits crisscross and nervously. Man, do I love that kid.

"I hope you don't mind, I brought Dan as my plus one," I smile at him. He looks at me confused, trying to figure out which one is Dan and which is pj.

Dad comes out, looking for me. "So I'll take it you didn't bring a girl? Look at pj, even she got a man before you got anything!"

I laugh. "If I came with someone else, it'd be cheating!"

"So you did come here with a girl," he asks. I shrug.

"The tall, scrawny, tan one with the brown, curly hair and the cute little studs and now I miss him... I need a drink." I wave at him, watching his eyes light up as he waves back. I wish I knew what pj was talking to him about. They both seem pretty happy. I'm proud of both of my men.

"You're dating a guy," dad asks, looking at me with confusion.

"Wouldn't be the first time to be quite honest." I show him the ring on my finger. "We're actually pretty married."

Okay yes I turned down marriage but dad doesn't need to know... I'm not a loser. He thinks I am. Okay, I am. Dan thinks I am too, I bet you.

"Pretty married," he asks. I shrug.

"We have plans to elope. At some point at least. Maybe. I... really like him, dad. I think he's the one. I don't think I could look so anyone else like I look at him. He's my everything. I've never felt like this before. I've been thinking about children and growing old with him. I've never thought about that stuff before. Not about and with someone else." I watch as Dan talks to pj. Pj laughs, obviously enjoying Dan a little. That's all I needed. Acceptance from pj. "I'm not under your roof anymore. Not a part of your family. You have no say. I'm going to go talk to my fiancé. You're not invited to my wedding. Only pj is." I push past dad before he can say anything.

I walk over to the pool by Peej and Dan. Dan lights up, scooting back and patting his lap, which I take a seat in and put my feet in like them.

"It's April... why is the pool open," I ask with a laugh.

"Paps! He's lost it!" Pj smiles a warm, happy smile at me. I'm pretty proud of him.

"So Peej, how does it feel," Dan asks.

Pj smiles really big and shrugs. "Amazing... really really... great. Although I do need to find a cheap place because mum wants me out and in dying for a Brest reduction. Thing is killin me!"

I grab pj's hand, getting flicked in the rib by Dan.

"I have 2! Leave me alone!" I grab his hand in my other one and kiss his nose.

"No but we have an empty space," I suggest, getting a huge hug.

"You're lying," pj asks. I look it Dan.

"You should. Just give Phil a space because he likes to have a space to film. You should film! You're not allowed in our home till you start YouTube!" Dan wraps his arms around my waist and rests his head on my shoulder. I look over to see my dad watching us, carefully. I sigh.

"Dads watching," I whisper.

"I hate that man," pj mumbles. I see the fear in Dan's eyes as he shifts uncomfortably. I grab his face, kissing him gently. We're all uncomfortable. Really uncomfortable.

"I feel like when we were 14, you, lex, and I and we'd be sneaking around our secrets." I pull Dan's arms tighter around me.

"Remember that time I shoved her in the pool," Pj asks with a laugh.

"She never sat by the pool again..." I smile. "Dan, I feel you..."

"I gotta go," he whines. He pushes me up.

"Second left from the living room," I answer, pulling him up.

He pulls up his pants because of course, they sag off of his butt. I sneak up behind him, pulling them up  by the belt loops, getting a scream and slapped in the face.

"OH MY GOSH IM SO SORRY," he yells. "You scared me!" He punches me in the arm, turning red as a stop sigh.

"Good! Point came across. Now you go before you wee yourself." I pat his bum, letting him run free. He kisses my head and I hope he found the bathroom. Don't ask me. I go back to pj.

"You guys are cute," he says with a giggle.

"He's the cute part... Trying to avoid dad but get him to accept it at the same time..."

"I'm trying to avoid anyone but you... The less people I see, the easier. I only came because mum wanted me to."

"I only came because Dan wanted to meet these people. He likes you though. I can tell." I start to look around for dad. "Peej... where's dad...?"

I attempt to get up, tripping and almost landing in the pool. Luckily I catch myself. I pull myself back up, running as fast as I can.

"Dan?! DAN?!" I run in the direction of the bathroom but yelling stops me in my tracks.

"HOW DARE YOU MAKE MY FAMILY LOOK LIKE ITS SINE SORT OF TRASH GAY ORGY! YOU TURNED MY SON USELESS," I hear dad yell. I feel the hairs on the back of my neck stick up.

"I-I'm sorry sir, but he was That way before I met him! If anything, he messed me up!" I peak in to see what's happening but I wish I hadn't.

I see as Dan gets hit right in the eye.

"NOT THE FACE NOT THE FACE!" I run in, wrapping my arms around the kid I love and just letting myself take the beat.

I feel his bottle shatter against my ribs, I wrap my legs around Dan's waist, making him fall to the ground but keep him protected. I feel him shake under me.

I let the pain sink in, butting my lip to keep from crying.

I feel myself getting kicked really hard, yelping.

I see pj poke through the door. I push Dan toward him. "Run, babe! Peej will keep you safe. Go run."

"No, Phil no..." he pulls me by the hand, dragging me to pj. I get pulled over pj and Dan's shoulders and limped to Pj's car.

"This is why I say don't meet my family," I mumble with a laugh. I feel a piece of glass getting pulled out, making me scream.

"Okay, ER," pj says, starting the car. Dan buckles me in and himself. He pulls me into his lap, cut side away from the seat.

Dan kisses my head. "I'm so sorry," he whispers. I play with his fingers.

"I'm okay if you're okay," I mumble. He smiles. When we get to the ER and a couple of stitches, Dan flipped. He seemed hurt worse than me.

He's emotionally damaged.

I feel terrible.