Status: I have a bit written but need to look it over

Diaries of the Man Upstairs

What Happens Behind the Scene is the Real Magic

April 30th

Dan says he caught me sleep walking.

He thinks it's funny but I think it's terrifying.

I am known to do weird things.

He said he found me in the kitchen organizing the spoons.

I don't know how that happened.

Let's see how it goes tonight.

Maybe I won't tonight.

11:49

Dan

*1 am*

I shoot up, not positive why but when I look over to see Phil's gone, I automatically knew.

I grab a shirt and some pants, not bothering with trousers.

I start to follow him. He'd dressed himself it appears. I'm not too positive how,to be quite honest.

He starts to clean the tv room, which I thought was a little weird but it's getting done. Right?

He starts to leave the apartment, which I run down before him to block off the door to outside. Didn't matter. He went straight to pj's part of the house.

The door swings open, greeted by pj.

"He-"

I shush him, pointing at Phil. "He's asleep," I whisper.

"Oh..." pj steps out of the way, letting him in.

"Chris, watch out," pj says, running over to what appears to be Chris buried in a blanket.

"We're you guys... oh my gosh-"

"No! We're not you two! We're making plans!"

"Dang it," I groan.

Phil starts walking again. I follow. Being lead to the piano. He just sits there.

"No, no Dan... I can't play piano..." he frowns, making me laugh. "I can't just put my hands anywhere!"

I sit down beside him, putting his hands on the piano.

"So this is what it's like to live with Dan and Phil at 3 am," I hear Chris say. I look over to see him filming.

"I'm trying to figure out what he's dreaming about or why he's at the piano." I pull his hands onto the piano, on top of mine.

"Stop saying that! I don't know what it means!"

I start playing welcome to the black parade with his hands.

"I-I didn't know I could," he whispers as I keep playing.

"Fun fact, Dan plays piano to calm Phil," pj says with a laugh.

"So he must be trying to calm me in his dream, right," I ask. Pj shrugs.

"Don't ask me. I don't understand your relationship..."

I pick Phil up like a child when they fall asleep. His legs wrap around my waist, head on my shoulder.

"No! No I'm sorry... I didn't mean to hurt you! Don't cry! Don't cry!" I feel hot tears on my shoulder.

"Have I commented on your pants yet," Chris asks. I roll my eyes.

"Let me hear it," I grumble.

"Sonic the hedgehog! You'd think someone who wears their slacks so low would wear less funny pants." He kicks me in the bum, making me roll my eyes.

"They're Phil's," I mumble. "Just grabbed what I could."

"Are they dirty?! Ew!"

"No they are not dirty! What idiot would do that?!" I pull my shirt a little lower. I pull Phil closer to me.

"At least Phil could put on real trousers," pj mumbles.

"I don't think he's wearing anything else," I mumble. I check, shaking my head. "Nothing else," I announce.

"If anyone were to know, it's defiantly you," Chris says with a laugh. "You guys are always on it, aren't you?"

"No! He feels awkward that i sleep naked and he doesn't so when I do, so does he. It's very hot today, don't judge! Why are you up at 2 anyway?!" I play with Phil's hair. He giggles and shifts a little bit. I kiss his cheek, pulling him up a little.

"Okay, pj and I have work to do. Go!" Chris pushes me out the door, I wink at him before leaving back upstairs.

"D-Dan... why are we out here...," Phil asks as I open our door.

"You were sleep walking," I answer. He nuzzles his head in my neck.

"What's that thing you say when you're nervous... about the dead men," he asks. I bring him into the bedroom, setting him on the bed and undressing him, leaving him in his boxers.

"The one that goes, ladies and gentlemen, hobos and tramps," I ask. He nods. "It's a poem I learned in class. Why?"

"Why do you say it," he asks.

"I guess it just makes me feel better," I whisper.

"Tell me the whole thing," he whispers, pulling up the covers. I pull off my shirt, climbing in with him.

He pulls me against him like I'm his teddy. I guess I am.

I nest my head in his chest.

"The famous speaker who no one had heard of said:Ladies and gentlemen, hobos and tramps,cross-eyed mosquitos and bow-legged ants,I stand before you and sit behind you to tell you something I know nothing about. Next Thursday, which is Good Friday,
there's a Mother's Day meeting for fathers only;wear your best clothes if you haven't any.
Please come if you can't; if you can, stay at home. Admission is free, pay at the door;
pull up a chair and sit on the floor.
It makes no difference where you sit,
the man in the gallery's sure to spit.
The show is not over, but before you go,
let me tell you a story I don't really know.
One bright day in the middle of the night," I take a deep breath, kissing Phil's neck.

"Two dead boys got up to fight.
Back to back they face each other, drew their swords and shot each other.
A deaf police heard the noise, he got up and killed the two dead boys. The mute psychotic shrieked in fright, With words of joy at this ghastly sight.

If you don't believe my lie is true, ask the blind man, he saw it too. I think that's it but it might not be. It's all I can remember," I whisper. Phil nods. I kiss his neck a bit more, trying to keep myself awake.

"I like that," Phil mumbles. He wraps his leg around me, pulling me closer.

"It makes no sense at all," I whisper with a laugh.

"But it makes you feel safe. Like music does me... you like it so I like it." He kisses my head, making me snort just to bug him.

"You make me feel safe, so why don't you like yourself," I ask, just to be clever. He lays on silencer for a long while. He then sighs, finally answering.

"Maybe because I know I'll fail to save you when it comes the time. I stand there completely lost and unable to think."

"You saved me from your dad. That took some gut."

"No I didn't. He got to you, did he not? You were harmed. Just not badly. If I were a good man, I'd have stopped it before it started. I wouldn't have taken you." He sniffles, making me feel sad. I pull away from him, wiping his tears.

"No, baby. I insisted going. I'm glad I did." I smile, making him hesitate but smile as well. "I'm safe here," I whisper, slowly falling asleep.

I could tell he'd been up a bit longer. He looked exhausted that morning and I know he didn't get up to walk anymore.

But I know why he did it.

He was watching me.