Status: I have a bit written but need to look it over

Diaries of the Man Upstairs

Your bow wow's a cats meow

August 30th

Dan has been a bit off since Troye started coming on a daily basis.

Yesterday, Becky spent half of the day with me.

She kind of just hid from me.

I don't know what's going on but it's freaking me out.

Troye doesn't get to see Becky, thank god.

But somethings gone terribly wrong.

I don't want to lose him
Again.

I can't.

12:39pm

Phil

I look over at the clock.

1:12am.

I can't sleep a wink.

I miss Dan.

He's got me all freaked out.

Maybe I'll go check on him. This bed is getting cold and lonely.

I get up, pull on a pair of trousers, and head to Dan's special room.

I knock.

No reply.

I knock again.

Nothing.

I walk in the lounge to find him huddled in the corner, crying.

I debate wether to comfort him or leave him...

I leave to go fix a cup of tea and a cup of coffee.

I bring it over to Dan, nudging him.

He he looks at me, jumping back.

"Baby," I whisper. He stares at me a bit longer. "What's wrong," I ask. He shakes his head.

"Somethings bothering you. Talk to me. Please, baby..."

I spot boxes from the attic. One is labeled Dan's pictures and the other is labeled Phil's high school experience.

I get a picture out of it, looking at what he had looked at.

I frown.

"Why... do you love me," he asks. I look him in the eyes.

"Well... I can't quite pin it to one reason... you've got the... you've got the perfect, soft brown eyes and that dorky hair and the most beautiful smile. You also have the perfect personality and you aren't scared to tell me when I'm wrong." I grab his hand but he pulls back. I frown. I give him the cup of tea. He thinks a minute... but takes it.

"I'm so... so skimpy and scrawny... I eat too much. I can't exercise. I can barely lift the weight of Buffy."

"Okay... well... Buffy is on the cubby side. I feed her too much."

"All the previous men you've fooled with, they're all buff and have big necks. I can't even walk down stairs."

"Yes but look at me," I whisper, pulling out a picture from the box. "Believe it or not, I was quite a jerk."

He sniffles.

"Things change. I happen to be very in love with you."

"I want to get big," he whispers.

"You're only 19. You start to grow that way. Trust me. Look at me. Plus I get how you feel. I'm not a woman...I see the way you look at a girls... breasts... I don't have boobs..." I sigh, looking at his hand.

"You sure don't... we can put boobs on you," he murmurs. I giggle.

"I like my chest," I whisper.

"I love your chest," he nuzzles his head in my chest.

"Did I ever tell you about the time my mother told me about girls," I ask. He shakes his head.

"It was the day my brother got his first kiss. She's sat me and pj down. She was like, 'Phil, Prue, your brother has gotten to this age... see, people get to this age where they start to like people in a new way... see some guys really want to kiss a girl... and they want to play with a girl... they like to play dress up. Prue, never ever say yes to a guy other than Phil when they ask to play dress up. You're beautiful just the way the way you are. Phil, you never ask a girl. Now... some boys want to play dress up with boys... your daddy doesn't like that... but I think it's okay. Prue, some girls like girls. Some boys dress up as girls. Don't call them boys, okay? It'll tick your dad off if you don't. And the same goes for girls. If your brother takes a girl to his room, you get me, okay?' I looked my mum in the eyes and I went 'mommy... I don't wanna be a boy' and she smiles and said 'good luck.' I saw pj shift a bit and smile at my mom then she, at the time, was like 'can I dress in Phil's clothes?' And later that night, she sent pj home in my clothes. Her mum went off. Mum wasn't allowed to baby sit Prue for a whole 3 months after that. Last year, I found out my mom slept with a girl once."

Dan looks confused. I shrug.

"Maybe she saw the future before me," I whisper.

"Do you really love me," he asks. I nod.

"You remind me of my mum. I know I've never told you that before... but that strikes something in me. I really love you, Dan."

He smiles at me, wiping his nose. I kiss his head, pulling him on top of me.

I hand him a picture of me and my mum. He looks up at me.

"Keep it close to your heart at all times, okay? You keep my mum safe just like you keep me safe."

"I'll try," he whispers. I pull him tighter into my chest.

"Go to bed before I bust your butt."

He sniffles before whispering a soft "you can do that any day." He gets up, finishing his tea and hobbling to bed.

I drink up and follow him.

"Hey Phil," he whispers as I climb in on my side.

"Yes, babe," I ask.

"5 months," he stares. I smile.

"Papa, why is daddy laying on the floor," I mumble. Dan kicks me. I grin.

"Why papa," he asks.

"Because I'm Phil," I answer, getting comfy. I feel his arms snake around me.

"Alright, papa. Where's my love?"

"No where," I whisper. "I'm going to sleep," I state. He kisses me before curling up and falling asleep as well.

Sweet dreams of parenthood all night long. Can't wait.