Status: I have a bit written but need to look it over

Diaries of the Man Upstairs

Help.

March 16th

He's here.
He's everywhere

There is no way out.
I can't escape him.

I don't feel safe anymore.
Not without Dan to keep me steady.

Sleep in your own bed, Phil. You've been sleeping with him for days now.

They're coming.

They're coming for me.

I cannot escape.

Help me.

4:57am

Phil

March 16th

"Hey... Dan," I ask, looking up from my place I was rested happily on his lap to look for his face. He's asleep. He looks dead but thankfully he moves

'He's not awake... you should do it while you can. Easy escape. Knives are in the kitchen.'

I sit up, looking around.

"D-don't talk to me. I'm with Dan."

'Oh come on! You're such an idiot'

"I'm not an idiot! I'm with Dan."

'All it takes to find happiness... kitchen drawer. Left to the stove. You know how he likes his pretty knives. At least it'll be in his favorite way.'

I get up, shaking. I see him. Behind me, he's there again. In the reflection on the tv.

"I-I can't ruin his nice knife... they were a gift from his mum..."

'Mums are useless! They only leave you... just like your mum, right Phil? And your dad... and brother... wow... Knife is starting to sound nice, right?'

I watch him walk to the kitchen, following him. Straight to the knife drawer, watching him in the reflection of the pot hanging.

'Ashes, ashes, we all fall... down...'

I stand there for a minute, thinking about it.

I grab the big knife, staring at it.

'Good choice... come on Phil... the only way to get rid of me is getting rid of yourself... we both know how much you loooove to get rid of me! If you don't do it, someone gets hurt... id love to see Dan-'

"Don't bring Dan into this."

'Oh come on! He doesn't even love you. You're just a toy to him. Experiment.'

"I SAID DONT BRING DAN INTO THIS," I scream, swinging around and throwing the knife at him... but he's not there... gone.

The knife hits the wall.

'Behind you...'

"YOU STUPID! STUPID! GET OUT! GET OUT OF THIS HOUSE! GET OUT OF MY HEAD! GET AWAY FROM DAN AND STAY OUT OF MY LIFE! I DONT NEED YOU! I DONT WANNA DIE?" I scream, breaking down in tears and screaming.

"I DONT NEED YOU! I DONT NEED YOU! I DONT- I DONT NEED YOU! GO AWAY! I DONT N-"

"Phil- Phil... PHIL," Dans voice rings but echoes... it keeps echoing.

I start to get spastic, screaming and crying.

My head is fuzzy and I start to go numb.

"Phil... Phil?! Phil! PHIL! COME BACK!"

I see him shake me... but I can't feel it.

I see him screaming but the sound... it's so faint.

He's crying too... he's crying just like me. But why is he crying? He has no reason.

Why is he crying?

I watch him get closer. Trying to kiss it better... again...

I try to kiss back but how do you do that when you can't feel anything?

He slams the floor, frustrated. He yells something, crying harder... but then I'm out.
*
*
*
There is light. Faint light but light.

I hear crying.

I lay there for a minute till I can feel again.

Just then I feel a huge weight on me, stumbling to get up but Dan's head on my chest stops me.

"Dan," I ask. He looks up at me with tear stained cheeks and puffy eyes, making my whole world crash and burn. I did that.

"Phil! You're awake!" Dan jumps up, smiling really big. "Phil! I thought you killed yourself! You're okay!"

My head gets pressed into his chest. He strokes my cheek, kissing my hair.

"I-I... I'm so sorry... your wall..."

"I've got pictures to cover it. Don't worry. What happened?"

I pull on his shirt, nuzzling closer.

"He was there and i tried throwing knife and disappear and it didn't work! You couldn't kiss it better! Why can't you kiss me better?!"

Dan kisses my head again and pulls me up along with himself.

"Phil, calm down. Stay calm. You want some coffee or juice or- I have an orange I could squeeze. Do you want a glass of champagne? Or... water? Or food? Are you hungry? You don't look good! Let's get you to the bed. Come on!"

I get picked up in and carried to Dan's bed where he lays me as gentle as he can but I fall out of his arms and flip over the bed.

Dan screams, jumping over the bed and helping me back on it.

"Are you okay?! I'm so sorry!" He starts to pace like a dog in a cage.

"Dan," I mumble as I grab his arm. He looks at me, chewing on his lip but trying to fake a smile for me. It's not working.

"I'll take some coffee, if you wouldn't mind..."

He nods, playing with my fingers and putting his other hand on my head.

"Coffee is good," he whispers. I nod.

"Coffee is amazing! Coffee is perfect. Especially when it's black and bitter but warm and in a big mug, like a hug from a cup. And when it has a tiny marshmallow very slowly melting in it to add a little fluff. Come here." I hold out my arms to hug him, which he hesitantly accepts.

I use all the upper body strength left in me to pull him on my lap. He didn't seem to want to at first but he rests his head on my shoulder and takes it.

"You're the only black and bitter, warm and cuddly drink of coffee I need, Dan."

He smiles.

"Are we still talking about coffee, here," he asks. I pull him closer and kiss his nose.

"It also warms me inside and out, along with keeping me awake in the morning and taste amazing. Especially with a little spice added to it."

"Oh?"

He pulls himself closer by grabbing my shirt and kissing my neck.

"Oh," I reply with a giggle.

"Sexy," he whispers.

"I try to tell myself it's not. Listen, I'm okay. Okay?"

I start to pet his mop of hair, earning a scrunched nose and Dan sticking his tongue out at me.

"Why'd you put a hole in my wall?"

"He was there... I thought..."

I run my hand through my hair, confused. How did he get in? Where did he come from? Why is he there?

"Babe... I really think you're 'all that' you know that, right?" He grabs my hand and brings it to his lips, not kissing it, just holding it there.

"All that," I ask with a laugh.

"All that but..."

"Oh no... there's a but..." I start to play with a loose thread on his shirt.

"I need to go grocery shopping... id take you but I don't want you to pass out. Especially not in the store. I can't carry you that far."
He puts my middle finger in his mouth.

"Dan, stop... don't do this if you're leaving me..."

He starts to moan, small and jokingly but it was working. I feel him start to suck on it, making me hide my face in his hair.

"You can leave now," I whisper. He bites me, making me pull my hand away with a small wince.

"That's what you get for wanting me to leave!" He sits up straight, licks my face and goes back to resting his head on my shoulder.

"Owe," I pout, putting my finger in my mouth more like a kid rather than the way he did. He pulls it out, kissing it and puts it back in his mouth.

"Need anything," he asks, my finger still in his mouth. 

"Cereal," I whisper, pulling him closer to me.

"Okay. I'll get some juice too. Are you okay?" He turns to face me, wrapping his legs around my waist.

"I'm fine," I yell. He giggles and blushes, making me blush and we sit in silence, sharing blushes for a minute.

He pulls my finger out of his mouth... again... and puts his arms around my neck.

"Be safe," he mumbles, looking me dead in the eye before giving me a small kiss, that slowly turns into a deep, passionate kiss. He pushes me down, kissing my neck.

He gets up, leaving me cold and lonely, but comes back to tuck me in and turn on the tv.

"Need anything," he asks, as if I'm sick.

I shake my head, getting another peck at the lips and a hug.

"Stay there and out of the knife drawer. I don't want my favorite Prince Charming to get hurt. You are clumsy." He fluffs up my pillow and kisses me again.

"Go!" I push him off of me.

"IM NOT READY TO LEAVE!" He kisses my face a bit more and leaves the room, only to poke his head back in. "Don't get up! Call me if you need something. You know I'll be there in 2!"

"I know," I smile at his adorableness. Finally leaving, he slams the door.

But then he calls me.

which I answer.

"I'm fine!" And then hang up.

But then I'm alone... but not really alone... it all goes downhill from there. Everything goes splat.