Status: I have a bit written but need to look it over

Diaries of the Man Upstairs

My roommate Patrick Stump

PHIL

December 24

Christmas Eve.
Woke up.
Ate.
Dad calls.
Mum's sick.
I had plans to come out to them tonight. Screw that. Started to clean.
Realized I'm so lonely.


Trying to count the glasses of wine I've had.
It's been... a bottle... or 2.

1:53 pm I think...?

Dan
10 am
*alarm*
Snooze.

11am
*new alarm*
Snooze.

12am
*another alarm*
Phone gets thrown.

1pm
*screaming*
Shoots up.
My hearts racing miles per minute. I pull out a lamp from a moving box, slowly walking to the door.

I pull it open, holding out the lamp to smash it over someone's head.

No one.

I walk around my flat.

No one.

I run downstairs.

"Phil?!" He's gotta be asleep. It's way too early.

Phil's door slowly opens. A bottle of wine in his hands.

"Dan? We're you in the shower? Oh I'm sorry! Did I interrupt something?"

Shower? Hm?
I look down to find myself completely naked and wet with sweat.

I feel the blood rush for me as I stand there, unable to move.

"Don't mind me, everything's fine," he says with a smile.

He fixes his glasses a little bit, staring right at me. At it. I'm doomed.

When a few minutes of silence and feeling him stare at me, he finally speaks again.

"Are you alright, Dan...?"

He steps out of the door way, walking over.

I step backwards, tripping and falling on my butt.

"Stay! Stay! Im fine! F-fine... um uh..." I attempt to cover myself.

"Are you sure? You're a bit pale."  He takes a step closer, making me stumble back.

"Duh... uhhh... yeaaaah... isn't it... a bit early in the morning to be having a drink, Phil...?"

He points to the clock on the wall.

1:28pm.

"Not what I call morning...," he mumbles, bringing the bottle up and taking a huge gulp.

I've only known him for a day but I know this can't be like him. Not from what Cat said.

Wait... did the clock say 1...

CRAP I MISSED CHRISTMAS BRUNCH!!!

I run upstairs, changing, grabbing my phone and running (falling) down the stairs.

"Phil!!"

His door is wide open... I check the clock, again.

1:53pm.

I walk into his flat.

Phil?

I hear him and follow the sound.

"Um... Phil? Your door was wide open and I was wondering if you're alone and do you want to come to my pare- whaaaaaats going on..."

I walk in on him shoving something under his pillow and laughing really really hard.

"And that..."

"Daaaaaaan! Sit! Have a drunk! A drunk...? A drunk. Where'd that come from. I'm not drunk! Me? I don't do that!"

He holds the bottle to his chest like a teddy bear.

I walk over, trying to secretly grab it from him. He doesn't notice when I snatch it.

"I think you've had a bit much for it being 2 in the afternoon."

Phil starts laughing harder.

"2 in the afternoon! Your eyes are the size of the, the... theee..." he falls off the bed, laughing harder.
"They're the size of Mars. The planet's Mars. I like Mars. Mars is pretty. Dan, do you like Mars? I love Mars. I wanna live there."

He kicks me.

I sit down on the floor, beside him and start to help him up but he's laughing too hard to get up.

"Daaaaaan! Life's too short. Santa isn't coming tonight. Mum and dad aren't feeling festive. Even the tree looks sad this year. You, you live while no one is crushing you. Santa's not coming." He starts laughing harder. "What's the point? What's the point. Why are we here! Am I real?"

"Oooookay I think I've changed my mind," I mumble. I take a drink from the bottle.

Phil laughs and flicks me.

I drink what's left of the bottle and then the rest of the bottle of wine Phil got out for himself.

4:30pm

"You always fold just before you're find out! Drink up!" Phil holds up another shot, drinking it.

I take a drink, dancing to his singing, which he was also doing.

"L-last call last resort-"
He falls off the couch, spilling bourbon all over his carpet.

"Aw d- aw!" He starts cleaning it with his shirt but it's still pouring out.

I'm laughing really hard and I trip over him. He falls back down and we're just laying on the floor, laughing.

"THANKS PETE," I yell in between gasps for breath.

"My names Patrick! Stop! I have a soul voice," he yells back at me.

"You don't have a soul voice! I just heard you!" I shove him and get up, grabbing the bourbon. I take a drink.

"EGGNOG!!!!" Phil gets up, pushing me down as he dashes for the kitchen. He stops to laugh at me. I give him the evil eye, taking another drink.

He runs into the kitchen, and I follow.

He's pulling out a recipe book.

I go to the liquor cabinet.

"Phillllll were out!"

"Where would sober Phil put things he cooks with... I know he hides some just for cooking..." Phil starts to dig in his cabinets. He finds a bottle of something and puts it on the counter.

"What even is that," he asks himself. He shrugs and hands it to me.

"Oooo my job?" I start to get out all the spices and he starts to beat the eggs.

I get the cream out and start to measure out things.

"POUR IN THE DRINK," Phil yells.

I open it, smelling it. It's so strong, I scrunch up my face. I start to pour it in, not really paying attention to it.

"Dang it! Phil! I poured in half the bottle!" I look at him, panicked. He laughs and pours more in.

"I'm so drinked. Cheers to new flatmate!" He pours the nog into cups for us both and takes a drink.

"It's terrible," he mumbles, shrugging it off and walking to the tv room.

I take a drink of mine, shaking my head at how strong it is.

"Liquor," I state, following him.

"I warned you!"

"But seeing it for myself was fun," I frown. My phone starts ringing.

Phil answers it and to my surprise, he sounded way sexier than I thought he could get.

"Danny's phone, may I assist you," he asks. His voice is low and deep. I slowly sashay over to him, making him eye me weirdly.

"Your mum... should I tell her how you're being a bad boy?" Phil laughs.

"Oh please no," I whisper, crawling on top of him.

"I'm so drunk," he yells. I burst out laughing.

"Mum! I'm drunk! So drunk! I'm sorry! I've sinned!" I fall off the couch.

"HE FELL! He fell off the couch!"

"Mummy I love you!" I pull on Phil's sock to pull me up but it slips off and I can't get up.

"SHE HUNG UP! Dan!"

"Heh... she sure loved that," I mumble.

I climb back on top of Phil, taking my phone from his hand and set it on the side table.

"We don't need that anymore."

Phil looks at me with confusion.

"What are you doing Dan...," he asks, blushing.

I shrug, just stopping inches away from his face. Not planning on doing anything else... not really even planning on doing this, to be honest.

Phil puts his hands cupping my face, pulling me closer and kissing me.

I tense up, realizing what's happening, then relax. I straddle him, taking a seat  and kiss him back.

I feel him drag his tongue across my bottom lip and I let him in.

It starts of slow and gentle. Hands start to search a little. Phil pulls me closer, picking me up and positions me differently on the couch.

I play with his hair, getting into it.

After what feels like seconds, he pulls away to get a drink.

"Don't feel like sobering yet," he whispers, kissing my jaw.

"Finish your drink." I slide out from under him and get up to pee.

"Where are you going, stop," Phil whines. I shake my head.

"I gotta pee! Can I please go pee?!"

"No!" Phil pouts and hugs me. I hug him back.

"Just go get comfy. I'll be back." I get out of his arms and head to the bathroom.

I go back but Phil is nowhere to be found.

I grab my glass and start to search. It didn't take long, speaking there's only 4 rooms total. I find him curled up in bed. I climb in with him and wrap my arms around him.

"Christmas sucks," he whispers, turning to me. I pull him closer.

"I don't think so. I missed the subway to my parents and it's too late by the time I'm sober enough... yeah I'll be hungover as crap but I don't know. Something about being here, right now, is calming." I kiss his head.

"Really think it's going to be okay," Phil asks.

"I really think it is," I whisper. He nods, nuzzling into my chest.

We sit there in silence for a long time before I realized that he had fallen asleep in my arms.

"Good night, Phil," I mumble. I pull the covers up and slowly drift off to sleep as well. Sweet dreams with Phil. Beautiful dreams of Phil. Sleep well.