Status: In Development

His Secret to Tell

Chapter 3

My sessions with Josh were slowly making progress. I've come to the conclusion that I'm an idiot and I've made a huge mistake. Josh says it will be a while before we finally crack this case but that's not soon enough. I haven't spoken to Paige in weeks and at this point I'm putting myself in a depression state of mind. It's effecting my game, my moods, my attitude. And no matter what I say to Paige she never responds. I've sent her text messages every morning and night, I'll leave voicemail messages retelling our stories in hopes she'll remember that we love each other and I'd do anything for her. But I get nothing in return. I've gotten to the point where I don't want to be alone or I'll fall further in my hole.
I found myself enjoying the company of the Sharp's. Abby and Patrick were in the kitchen making dinner and I sat with their daughters watching some kiddie show and building blocks. This was probably the third time I've had dinner with them since D-day, "She'll come around. Just give her time."
"You could only hope." Abby mumbled. None of the WAG's showed me much support since they heard what I've done. They had known since they meet Paige and I made them swear not to say anything about it. They hated me for making them do that to her, to be apart of such a lie. Someone even said I deserved it and, sadly, they were right. The guys had my back but I was their friend, their captain, they couldn't completely turn their backs on me. They liked Paige and didn’t agree with my choice either but they were a bit nicer about than the ladies. Thankfully, Abby started keeping her thoughts to herself, occasionally letting something slip.
All of us ate dinner and the girls were put to bed, leaving the adults to talk in thee kitchen. I sat at the table as Abby and Sharpie cleaned up. At one moment they shared a kiss, one of a couple in love. It only brought up memories of Paige. One of the best kisses we shared was our first…

Paige and I were on our third date. She offered to cook seeing as we've gone out the last few times and I've paid, "It's the least I can do." She joked. The night of our date, Paige certainly set the mood; she lit candles, had music softly playing in the background, she dressed a step up from our other dates and looked amazing might I add. When I arrived at her place she had already started cooking. I sat at the small counter in the middle of her kitchen as she moved around. Everything smelled amazing, "Were you expecting something else?" She teased when I complimented the smell.
"No, no. I have complete faith that this will be amazing."
"Good. It's a family recipe. Don't want you insulting my grandmother."
"I wouldn't dare."
Paige continued telling stories of her family and her childhood. She laughed at her memories and talked excitedly with each one. I, too, shared a few stories, avoiding anything that would raise question of my career. I felt so at ease with her and I think she felt the same way.

Dinner was finished and we took to the living room with a movie as our entertainment. Taking my first bite, my taste buds exploded. I inhaled my entire meal, helping myself to a few more servings, "Well so much for having leftovers." Paige joked at my third plate.
"I don't think we can go out to dinner anymore. You might just have to cook."
"I appreciate it. Maybe you can cook every so often to make it fair."
"Oh no, whatever I make wouldn't compare to how good this is."
"I'm sure you've got a few recipes up your sleeve."
"Fine but when I prove you wrong, you get to cook every time." She laughed, shaking her head.
We sat back on the couch, my arm around her shoulders as the movie played on. She was cozied up to my side and it felt just as right as that dinner tasted.
When the movie ended, I offered to do the dishes, like the gentleman that I am. As I cleaned, Paige started mixing together brownies and putting them in the oven. I couldn't help but watch Paige as she licked the mixing spoon of some batter. A small bit ended up on her lips unrealized, which caused me to laugh, "What? What??"
"You have some mix on your lip." She stuck out her tongue but didn't quite get it, "Here, let me." I step closer, lifting my hand to her face. This was my chance to be the smoothest man alive. Instead of getting it with my hand, I cupped the side of her face and brought her lips to mine. I slid my tongue across her lips, tasting the mix and Paige all at once. I pulled away to look at her, hoping I didn't just screw up, "I'm sorry-"
"Took you long enough." She responded bring us together again. She wrapped her arms around my neck allowing no space between us. My hands held her waist, feeling her body. She felt so right, so perfect. I was afraid to let go because then it would all go away. Like it wasn't real, too good to be true…

We spent the rest of that night watching a couple more movies and enjoying the brownies, all in between kissing her. I couldn't get enough of her. The time flew by and it was after 1am, "I should get going. I have work early tomorrow." We stood and cleaned up. Paige showed me to the door, "We'll have to do this again sometime." I suggested.
"I think that's a possibility." I leaned in and kissed her one last time. I could feel her lips all through the night, so much so that I dreamed about her, about a life with her. It just a simple night like that, that made my future clearer.

"Yo Tazer, where' your head?" Sharpie asked, he and Abby starring at me.
"Sorry, just thinking about Paige."
"Have you thought of anything that could get her to forgive you?"
"I've tried but I can't even get a hold of her. And with the games and stuff…"
"We'll help you think of something." Sharpie offered.
"I just need to talk to her. I need to come up with a way to get her to see me and not able to leave."
"That won't be easy. She hasn't responded to anyone's messages or calls. It wasn't just you who betrayed her." Abby added.
"You'll get through this, both of you will and everything will work out."

I replayed Sharpie's words in my head. For the next few days, it was the only thing that kept me believing it was okay. She loved me, more than anything and I know she still does. We had a future planned out, and I'm not about to throw it all away. I see us working it out, see us going back to the way things were. Hopefully Paige does as well.